X3TC latest update 3.4 has serious frame rate problems - Resolved, debugging was enabled

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

doc_slaney
x3tc

Re: X3TC latest update 3.4 has serious frame rate problems

Post by doc_slaney » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 21:04

Hi,

I have tried all of your suggestions but to no avail. I have the same problems. For example if I fly to "Family Njy" through the West Gate from "NJY's Deception", the planet is a grey circle colour with no other graphical features. If I move so more of the planet, asteroids and stations are in view then the screen begins to freeze. It will update every 1-2 seconds and it is even difficult to exit the program. If I can get to fairly clear space (i.e. not much in view then all seems well again).

The game has a definite bug and is unusable.

I have given up on it, which is a huge shame. I am also unable to get a refund from Steam.

Am I the only one with this issue?

Here is a link to my saved game file if you want to see if you can run with it - https://ufile.io/9kro4wtx

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 24. Apr 19, 21:37

I think you may be amongst very, very few with this issue. I'd love to try the save for you but I'm not waiting 10 mins for an artificially slow free download.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 25. Apr 19, 18:40

doc_slaney wrote:
Sat, 20. Apr 19, 17:54
Sorry the game is unmodded.
You may have no scripts or mods installed, but you certainly activated the Script Editor and turned on the "Script Debugging: Additional Info" option. Now the game collects and writes lots of unnecessary debug info to your savegame. Hence why it is so big and the game becomes unplayable. A normal savegame is between 7 MB at gamestart and 10 to 20 MB (maybe 30 MB) in an advanced game, your savegame is currently at 184 MB in size.

What should work is disabling the debug option and clearing the debug messages. Afterwards save and load the game. That will hopefully delete all the debug info, and make the game playable again.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

doc_slaney
x3tc

Re: X3TC latest update 3.4 has serious frame rate problems - debugging was enabled

Post by doc_slaney » Thu, 2. May 19, 00:28

Thank you very much, the problem is fixed!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”