X3TC: Control issues with gameplay

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

StlkSilent

X3TC: Control issues with gameplay

Post by StlkSilent » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 16:38

There are a few things that I have an issue with when playing X3 TC. First I found that the Universe map tends to change location when selecting a specific Sector (chooses a different Sector than the one desired) as well as using the keyboard to select Sectors given the first letter of the name it tends to go to the next Sector of that letter than the Sector desired to select. Second I'm having an issue with my xbox 360 controller, every time I load the game it takes away my control settings for my Interface "move curser down/right" with the controls still registering in the key bindings, instead down tries to dock and right tries to communicate regardless if I'm navigating through the menu's. I don't know if these 2 issues are because of the xbox controller or not, curious to know your input. Last I'm having an issue with accidentally targeting a base creating conflict and the sector then becomes red, including ships. Is there an easy way to fixing these problems? even if it mean scripting my own solution.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Issues with gameplay

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 29. Apr 19, 18:33

It is possible that your issues (which most other players may not be seeing) could be all connected. See if unplugging your controller solves your menu selection and targeting issues. It may be that a stuck button or poor calibration on your controller is leading to a constant input signal and causing the issues.

The other possibility is a clash or duplication of input functions in your custom profile where you have set up the various control bindings.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”