TC & AP Occasional ctd

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

deaths hand

TC & AP Occasional ctd

Post by deaths hand » Thu, 5. Sep 19, 21:26

Hi there. I'm having a ctd issue occasionally with both terran conflict and albion prelude. I'm wondering if anyone can help me stop it happening. It occasionally crashes with the error "exiting from an unspecified error. Cannot read the content". It happens during combat every time.

Now I have removed all mods, deleted my steam install and installed again from scratch. The issue still persists with a vanilla install.

Is this a bug or is my computer having issues?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: TC & AP Occasional ctd

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 6. Sep 19, 10:45

Start by verifying both TC and AP Steam gamefiles caches independently. Remember that mods in TC will affect AP too so I hope your clean reinstall (see the end of this thread) was for both games. You need to start with a fresh gamestart once your installation is clean vanilla as the old saves stay modded with embedded changed scripts.

If that doesn't help then you will need to tell us a bit more information. (Nowadays it is better to upload a DxDiag to a public fileshare site and just post a link to it rather than copying in all the text.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”