Reset Steam Achievements...then they return

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

hope_winger

Reset Steam Achievements...then they return

Post by hope_winger » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 05:36

I managed to get 33/33 Steam Achievements on both X3TC and AP (yes I was happy). But I wanted to do them again, and again.

The Egosoft FAQ instructed me to use "-clearstatsandachievements" under the "SET LAUNCH OPTIONS" menu. I did so and the achievements were all erased. I play and in both games get back to about 27/33 achievements after a few weeks and then suddenly the achievements jump back to 33/33 for both games. Obviously I'm playing 'vanilla' so no scripts. I do use the Aldrin rock mod and capital ship docking at player hubs mod.

Any ideas?

Games: X3TC and X3AP with all bonus packs installed via Steam.
Game start: always Suicidal Squid, sometimes Dead is Dead start-up.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Reset Steam Achievements...then they return

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 10:54

It is possible that Steam has done some housekeeping of your account profile from their backup because of an account loading issue and used an old profile in doing so, I suppose. That would explain both games being affected at once.

Anyway, this is more something to take up with Steam support rather than Egosoft, I think.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

hope_winger

Post by hope_winger » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 11:17

Alan Phipps wrote:
Tue, 1. Oct 19, 10:54
Anyway, this is more something to take up with Steam support rather than Egosoft, I think.
I expected I would have to deal with Steam, but I thought I'd mention it here since I find it hard to believe I could be the ONLY person in the 'X-Verse' who ever wanted to reset their X3 Steam Achievements!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 12:41

You certainly aren't that (I have as well), but as far as I can recall you are the first to report here that your old achievements come back.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”