i9-9900k system refuses to run X3TC or Albion....

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

Malakie
x4

i9-9900k system refuses to run X3TC or Albion....

Post by Malakie » Tue, 1. Oct 19, 23:02

Anyone seeing a problem that has a system config like mine:

I9-9900k
48 gb ram
GTX 1080ti Poseidon
SSD's + m.2 intel optane/SSD's
STRIX Raid 7.1 Surround Card

** NOTE: I also have an i7-3770s system I play on and it works perfectly as usual.. The i9-9900 is a 4 month old new build. I normally play X4 but was in the mood to setup and play X3 for a while.

I have installed all DirectX libraries required. All drivers are updated and current. I have uninstalled and installed the game clean, no mods of any kind.. all default settings. The game refuses to run on this system but I can take the same directory from this machine, move it to the i7 based machine and it runs perfectly. and vice versus, I have taken the perfectly running i7 build, copied it whole to the i9 system.. same result.

I have tried compatibility mode etc.. No go.. The game loads to the launcher, then from there it goes to a black screen but never gets to the animated startup logo screen. I am wondering if it is codex problem for the video animation file?

Any help would be appreciated.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: i9-9900k system refuses to run X3TC or Albion....

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 10:21

"I am wondering if it is codex problem for the video animation file?"

We cannot help you with that or any other investigation of error reports without a current DxDiag for your i9 system. (A Public Fileshare site upload link is best here.)

BTW, X3 and it's XP-era DirectSound might not work well with 7.1 surround sound.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 21:23

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 10:21
"I am wondering if it is codex problem for the video animation file?"

We cannot help you with that or any other investigation of error reports without a current DxDiag for your i9 system. (A Public Fileshare site upload link is best here.)

BTW, X3 and it's XP-era DirectSound might not work well with 7.1 surround sound.
I was wondering about the sound as well... I am thinking either the video codex or sound is causing it... I have attached dxdiag for another bug I reported.. will dig up the link and post it again.
Take it light.....

Malakie

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 22:03

As long as the previous DxDiag you have was run after you had the X3 issues, otherwise we won't get the relevant error reports included. :thumb_up:

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Wed, 2. Oct 19, 22:30

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 2. Oct 19, 22:03
As long as the previous DxDiag you have was run after you had the X3 issues, otherwise we won't get the relevant error reports included. :thumb_up:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IdzMSA ... sp=sharing
Take it light.....

Malakie

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 3. Oct 19, 16:02

Thanks. I see the odd MainConcept codec and some of those have proven problematic with X2/X3 games in the past, however there are no X3-related error reports in the DxDiag list. You might try running another DxDiag shortly after an X3 crash/hang. There are several other quite serious reports such as LiveKernelEvent and BEX64 though.

These errors may indicate that a background application is interfering with the launch of other applications - typically antivirus or protection applications, or even just apps that report system and other app usage 'back home' over the internet. This is not in any way definite though.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”