No Flight Sticks Detected or Working

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

mortvvs

No Flight Sticks Detected or Working

Post by mortvvs » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 20:20

Hello,

I see this issue getting posted a lot, but rarely dealt with, but I'm in the same pickle, so here goes.

I don't understand this game and it's relationship to the joystick. I have 2 Thrustmaster HOTAS sets, another generic HOTAS, and a bunch of other sticks.. when I start X3: TC or AP, it asks about how I want to use them.. so I assume this game is going to pick up the fact that I have one plugged in. But, sadly, I enter the game and I and just sitting there stuck in space. I go to the control settings with no luck at all. There's nothing even closely resembling setting up a joystick that appears to be recognized. It asks what I want the stick to do if it was there, but not any way to assign buttons or axis'. So obviously I'm missing something. Even if it were that I had to entirely program the buttons out side of the game, it would still have to recognize the Axis'.. so I'm stumped.

The 2 HOTAS I'm mainly trying are an old and a new, the Cougar and the T16000. So one way or the other, there has to be a solution.

I found someone posting their Cougar control scheme... that's great.. but how do you get the thing to work in game?

Thanks in advance for any pity and help!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: No Flight Sticks Detected or Working

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 4. Nov 19, 21:02

There is a FAQ that might help or at least give you some ideas. It has a link at the end to a further tutorial.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”