Explorer command software missing - Modded game.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

vertical puppies
x3tc

Explorer command software missing - Modded game.

Post by vertical puppies » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 06:40

Playing x3 TC.
I've scoured the universe for explorer command software, and it's just... Gone. Not there.
Obvs tried teladi EQ docks in sectors where ECS *should* be sold.
Since this is a tech ware included in the game I posted in technical support.

Any assistance would be so greatly appreciated, and if this post belongs elsewhere, please tell me and I'll repost there.

FYI I did scour the googles/forums for answers before bothering the community, so if I missed the answer somewhere I do beg your patience and forgiveness.

P.S please respond. Like super pretty please 💖 😁!

vertical puppies
x3tc

Re: Explorer command software missing

Post by vertical puppies » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 06:49

Also playing v3.4, modified and using mods with cycrows plugin manager.
If you want a list of mods I'll post em, but it's cycrows mod pack and a select few mods by others.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Explorer command software missing

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 18:34

If you go into the in-game encyclopaedia, ship equipment, explorer command software, then that page should tell you all the stations that you have discovered that will sell it. If it doesn't list any then either you haven't explored enough to find a supplier (of which there are many) or you have a mod that has killed it off as a ship equipment item.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

vertical puppies
x3tc

Re: Explorer command software missing - Modded game.

Post by vertical puppies » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 21:59

I put many thanks in your basket of Christmas sir!
If I have killed it with a MOD ware, will it come back if I just uninstall all ware based mods?
Got a damn tonne of them showing up as (first ZA_EMP_"xxx") then, after loading a game (but not restarting the client) bunch of them changed to "read_me_xxx"
Can't even get advanced jumpdrive to display it's name correctly, only know what it is because of where it's sold and the price (just over a million creds).

So many update versions of the game ..
4 years ago I played this same game using cycrow's plugin manager and it was a breeze.
Do the updates break mods. Not talking some randos mods but cycrow, the man himself.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Explorer command software missing - Modded game.

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 3. Dec 19, 22:19

You probably won't find Cycrow here. Try the S&M forum and one of his Mod Manager threads to get his attention, and/or read the compatibility notes of the mods you have. This forum is for issues in the vanilla game. :wink:

<Rando mod, Out> :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”