[X3TC] Gate in Aldrin 2 missing. (Solved, restart from Earth)

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

RainerPrem
x4

[X3TC] Gate in Aldrin 2 missing. (Solved, restart from Earth)

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 12:13

Hi,

I just started the Aldrin Expansion and dropped a Terran at the big station in Aldrin 2. (Unmodded Steam version, checked for errors) Then he tells me to "Fly to object.name@..." instead of the gate. I launched from the station, but the mission pointer still points to the station and the gate is nowhere to be seen.

I have several recent savegames, does it make sense to go back and repeat the prior mission?

cu
Rainer
Last edited by RainerPrem on Fri, 27. Dec 19, 17:35, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [X3TC] Gate in Aldrin 2 missing.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 13:46

I would keep your saves but delete and cleanly reinstall your X3TC local files from Steam. It sounds from the lack of plot progress/guidance to the inactive gate and its missing text name that the Aldrin cat/dat pair is corrupt. I would then restart from a save made before when you dropped the passenger off at the Station in Aldrin 2.

Oh, this is all assuming you dropped the correct Terran (Lt Jake Griffin) off at the correct station (Orbital Supply Base) and that he did in fact get there alive (cargobay life support intact?) and that he actually got off when there.

Good luck.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 15:23

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 27. Dec 19, 13:46
I would keep your saves but delete and cleanly reinstall your X3TC local files from Steam. It sounds from the lack of plot progress/guidance to the inactive gate and its missing text name that the Aldrin cat/dat pair is corrupt. I would then restart from a save made before when you dropped the passenger off at the Station in Aldrin 2.

Oh, this is all assuming you dropped the correct Terran (Lt Jake Griffin) off at the correct station (Orbital Supply Base) and that he did in fact get there alive (cargobay life support intact?) and that he actually got off when there.

Good luck.
All the plot conditions are correctly met. I didn't do anything between take the man in my ship and delivering him in Aldrin2 - what I have down a dozen times in earlier games. In fact the message said something along the line of "Thank you for bringing me; now fly to the gate." But mission guidance showed "Fly to object.Name@..."

I'll try reinstalling and keep you informed.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 16:24

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 27. Dec 19, 13:46

Good luck.
No luck. Same problem after complete deinstallation of X3TC and X3AP and reinstallation of TC. I also loaded the prior save (landing in Aldrin with Griffin's logbook), but it's the same thing.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 16:46

Hmm. What I'm thinking is that the real issue is that the Aldrin plot is not progressing as required. If the plot has not yet moved on and created the inactive gate then that would explain both the lack of guidance and the gate naming error. As to why, I have no idea sorry. I know it's a pain but could you try from a save made before the changed Aldrin is even first sighted, such as on leaving the Torus with the Data Storage Device after talking to Gen Hammond?

If that is still bugged then I have no more suggestions short of a complete restart of the Aldrin Plot - and that has no guarantees either.

EDIT: Wait a moment. Are you using a docking computer to dock at the Orbital Supply Base? If so try docking manually instead. I have heard of the docking computer sequence being too quick when dropping off plot passengers and the next part of the plot not continuing as a result. Another possible thing to try after dropping off the passenger is just to explore Aldin 2 for a time and see if the plot resumes properly all on its own after a while - up to 20-30 game minutes even. (I'm digging deep into very old threads for inspiration here.)

Good luck again.

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 17:12

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 27. Dec 19, 16:46
Hmm. What I'm thinking is that the real issue is that the Aldrin plot is not progressing as required. If the plot has not yet moved on and created the inactive gate then that would explain both the lack of guidance and the gate naming error. As to why, I have no idea sorry. I know it's a pain but could you try from a save made before the changed Aldrin is even first sighted, such as on leaving the Torus with the Data Storage Device after talking to Gen Hammond?

If that is still bugged then I have no more suggestions short of a complete restart of the Aldrin Plot - and that has no guarantees either.

EDIT: Wait a moment. Are you using a docking computer to dock at the Orbital Supply Base? If so try docking manually instead. I have heard of the docking computer sequence being too quick when dropping off plot passengers and the next part of the plot not continuing as a result. Another possible thing to try after dropping off the passenger is just to explore Aldin 2 for a time and see if the plot resumes properly all on its own after a while - up to 20-30 game minutes even. (I'm digging deep into very old threads for inspiration here.)

Good luck again.
Hi,

I have a lot of savegames, so I can try all three ideas. First I'll use the "docking w/o computer" idea...

Edit: Did not work. I'll start at Earth Torus next.

Edit2: That DID work. When I entered Aldrin 2 this time the first thing I saw was the gate.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [X3TC] Gate in Aldrin 2 missing. (Solved, restart from Earth)

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 27. Dec 19, 19:58

Great to hear. Enjoy the game.

(Oh, and congratulations on keeping all those saves!)

RainerPrem
x4

Re: [X3TC] Gate in Aldrin 2 missing. (Solved, restart from Earth)

Post by RainerPrem » Sat, 28. Dec 19, 18:05

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 27. Dec 19, 19:58
Great to hear. Enjoy the game.

(Oh, and congratulations on keeping all those saves!)
I have a self-written program which copies ALL saves to another drive using unique names. I originally developed it for my source files, but it comes handy for word-documents, Excel files and savegames as well.

Although I need to clean up the X4-saves faster than others...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”