Seta bug.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

sataricon
x3ap

Seta bug.

Post by sataricon » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 07:59

So i press seta from time to time and it used to work nice. But now when i press seta it only work for 5 seconds or so then shuts off but the "Seta Active at :500%" is still displayed so i've to press it to shut seta off then press again to start again only to run like 5 seconds. I'm playing mayhem btw. I'm not being scanned or anything.
Also i have no joystick plugged in.

So how can i solve this.

I'm playing Albion Prelude with Mayhem mod.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Seta bug.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 8. Jan 20, 11:39

Even though you don't have a joystick, it still sounds as though something is sending a regular or intermittent control ship signal to the game and so stopping SETA. Do you have a controller or an unusual mouse/trackball/pedals etc? If so, try again with it unplugged. If it is another device causing it then do a thorough calibration of it.

The other thing that it could be is if your ship is set to follow or protect another ship or be followed or protected by another ship as then its speed control may adjust as the other ship does things.

Next see if you have a duplication somewhere in your control bindings; some other key or control that you use might also input a ship control if there is a duplicate use.

There is a remote chance that some application running in the background might be interfering with the game, especially one that uses the internet or peripherals. It could be worth eliminating that possibility.

Finally, there is always the unknown effects of your mods.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”