Can't Download X3:AP 'No Steam exe'.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Terran Conflict, X³: Albion Prelude or X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

qwerty0897
x3ap

Can't Download X3:AP 'No Steam exe'.

Post by qwerty0897 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:02

Hi,

I'm trying to install Litcube's Universe. On the install page, it states that I must install http://www.egosoft.com/download/x3ap/bo ... wnload=573.

So I have set an account up, ensured cookies are enabled and accepted the site's use of cookies on my browser when the tab opened up on this site.

However, I am still given the access denied page when I attemppt to access the above link. I have tried accessing it thorugh the mod link, and restarted my browser, logged in, and then manually found the link.

I'm at a loss. Please advise. Many thanks.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Can't Download X3:AP 'No Steam exe'.

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:10

You need to have X3TC or X3AP registered in your forum profile (or your Steam account linked) in order to be able to download the NoSteam.exe.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

qwerty0897
x3ap

Post by qwerty0897 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:11

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:10
You need to have X3TC or X3AP registered in your forum profile (or your Steam account linked) in order to be able to download the NoSteam.exe.
Many thanks, I'll look into that.

qwerty0897
x3ap

Post by qwerty0897 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:17

The FAQ on this is vague: https://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq ... &version=0

I'm assuming the registration tab would be under the 'properties' tab? I'm currently going through every option, but can't seem to find it?.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 21:29

In the new forum BBS click on your user name (top right), select User Control Panel, Egosoft Settings top level tab, Game Registration left side tab, scroll down if necessary. That should help you.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

qwerty0897
x3ap

Post by qwerty0897 » Fri, 17. Jan 20, 22:06

Thanks. I got my wires crossed and thought you meant the Steam forum, but did it through this one when someone pointed it out on Steam.

With the greatest politeness and without being at all sarcastic, I have to say that was the most complicated process I've ever gone through to get a file for a game in over 20 years. Took me about an hour of security, codes, email verification, etc.

Probably not the most inviting experience for new gamesr, or those brought to the game by mods. But it's a great game, so was worth it for me.

Thanks again.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude / Farnham's Legacy - Technical Support”