Litcube's Universe

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fantomknight1

Re: Re:

Post by fantomknight1 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 01:10

Freenan wrote:
Thu, 27. Sep 18, 17:32
mcal9909 wrote:
Wed, 26. Sep 18, 23:35
enfo13 wrote:I heard a lot of good things about this MOD, enough for me to dust of X3 after many many years.

Is there an option or start that allows you play in peace to relearn the game as well as all the new automation script? Or will the impending doom factions like Phanon and OCV always be enabled?
You can enable/disable the OCV and Phanon at any time using the option found the AL plugin configuration.
did the same and its quite nice and peaceful
Forgive me if I come off as foolish, but where can I find the AL plugin configuration? I don't see it anywhere obvious. I'm on Litcube 1.7.2 .

ntweedie2007
x4

Re: Litcube's Universe

Post by ntweedie2007 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 04:48

So it turns out I installed LU over the bonus package, as Steam installs it by default. What is likely to screw up due to this? I understand certain equipment may not function/be purchasable??

skynet500
x3ap

Post by skynet500 » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 07:18

Thank you very much for this amazing mod!

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 20:02

@ntweedie2007

The bonus pack is not compatible with LU. Download AP without it then transfer the downloaded game to another folder away from steam. Add the no steam exe to the root of the new folder and launche the LU installation and you should be golden.

skoubi
x3tc

Re: Main Menu buzzing noise

Post by skoubi » Tue, 11. Dec 18, 22:49

Hi,
How can I remove the static noise that appears on the main menu ?
Downloaded from Steam, copied it to another directory and followed the instructions for clean install.

On a side note, I searched the topic for references to that, and the only thing I cound find was a post by Litcube about ffdshow, but that didn't work either.

Thank you.

12/12/2018 EDIT : The solution for me was to set compatibility to Windows 7. I'll leave it here in case someone else has the same problem.
Last edited by skoubi on Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 00:48

I can't find a way to have a sector warn me when enemies enter it.

Going through the Encyclopedia, there is the "Scout for enemies" command that requires the Patrol Command Software. But it looks like that feature was removed in LU.

Is there any way to have a message warn when enemies enter a sector?

all_other_names_taken
x3tc

Post by all_other_names_taken » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 10:31

DuckSoup wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 00:48

Going through the Encyclopedia, there is the "Scout for enemies" command that requires the Patrol Command Software. But it looks like that feature was removed in LU, as far as I know.

There is no such thing as sectors warning you, either in vanilla game or in LU.
The closest you can have is Joubarbe's "Satellite Monitoring" script:
Satellite Monitoring
It is not automatic. You need to assign a hotkey to it and then invoke it whenever you want. It will display a list of sectors (where you have satellites) and the number of enemies in them, as well as the number of abandoned ships and crates (very useful).

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 17:26

Hey guys, first of all X3 looks like an awesome foundation and Litcubes and Mayhem look amazing.

Let's hope in a decade that X4 comes as close both in terms of performance and content :P and remind me that if i ever win the lotto to come back and help finance X4 Litcubes and Mayhem haha (and finishing off making the base game properly. Some of the missions' mechanics not working properly, still, gives me aids.)

Anyway i've been looking to get into Litcubes (and Mayhem at a later date) and just to get some sort of idea on how to start the game, i looked up some basic starting tips.

Through them i found the mechanics of buying under 80% hull ships to repair and sell, and flying around contested sectors to hoover up free loot and abandoned ships.

Then i saw tales of potentially making millions just off these 2 mechanics and i feel like these mechanics are pretty broken/OP. Are they still like this or have they since been balanced? I feel like potentially making millions *passively yourself, from the start* by hoovering up free loot and ships and flipping damaged ships is kind of unhealthy and a bit unfortunate. Then there were the stories of a person getting some lucky last hits on capital ships with missiles to instantly get a crazy amount of rep or credits something, as well as tales of players making the money to apparently be able to park Valhallas at the entrance of the OCV? canal, preventing them from even being able to break out of their starting area.

Insert the argument about "if you don't like _ mechanic, don't use/play/engage with it" but if they're clearly the best ways to make money, as well as playing in a survival type setting with a looming threat over you, you want to use whatever is available in the game to you to survive, but while still being challenged. Having to self restrict yourself from specific gameplay elements due to potentially questionable design or balance, i've always believed is never a decent answer.

Is it literally just me or should you only be able to loot/repair/claim what you're able to take down yourself? You could make NPCs/factions want to have their own loot and claim their own abandoned ships, which would also be cool from a lore/irl perspective. This would also help to add some quality and longevity to the early game, something apparently sorely lacking with the end game focus.

I saw the Mayhem mod apparently disabled the spacesuit repair laser for this reason and i can completely see why.

Thoughts? Since Litcubes is made for endgame, does it not matter being able to make millions passively and easily yourself, from the start? Is the mod still sufficiently challenging? Do you not care either way or prefer it?

Thanks for your time.

Edit: Forgot to ask - if nothing else is there a way for an individual to disable being able to loot/claim/receive rep/credits for what you didn't kill (or do the majority of damage to, to prevent last hit cheese) and a way to disable the spacesuit repair laser? Again some might say just don't use them but it's not as easy as that :P (As well as not having to potentially figure out things like who's loot/ships is who's in big multi faction battles etc)

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:15

Hey Whiskiz,

if you follow that advice, Litcubes Universe will chew you up and spit you out.

To really get a feel of the sheer magnitude and scale offered by this mod, watch this blokes great series of streams -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFxKXW59dE

Come back after Christmas and let me know how you are doing :)

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Wed, 12. Dec 18, 23:36

all_other_names_taken wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 10:31
DuckSoup wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 00:48

Going through the Encyclopedia, there is the "Scout for enemies" command that requires the Patrol Command Software. But it looks like that feature was removed in LU, as far as I know.

There is no such thing as sectors warning you, either in vanilla game or in LU.
The closest you can have is Joubarbe's "Satellite Monitoring" script:
Satellite Monitoring
It is not automatic. You need to assign a hotkey to it and then invoke it whenever you want. It will display a list of sectors (where you have satellites) and the number of enemies in them, as well as the number of abandoned ships and crates (very useful).
There is something in Vanilla, it's called "Patrol Command Software"

It is not present in LU.

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/ ... clnk&gl=us

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Thu, 13. Dec 18, 08:40

OneOfMany wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 20:15
Hey Whiskiz,

To really get a feel of the sheer magnitude and scale offered by this mod, watch this blokes great series of streams -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUFxKXW59dE

Haha awesome, will do.

Good to hear then, that those are indeed balanced and/or much needed mechanics.

Edit: Just downloaded but already have a couple questions, even after doing a ton of research online to even play the base game. Figured i'd just edit my last post to save room so hopefully they get seen:

1 - MARS mod - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=398899 dated March this year so pretty updated. Is it as good as it looks? any of it made redundant or no longer compatible, or definitely grab it?
2 - The whole soundtrack debacle. Apparently need a separate installation for the soundtrack but i found no option from the Litcubes download/installer. The only webpages i could find about install steps and the soundtrack are no longer valid. Was that made redundant? Do files still need to be edited to have access to other music? Also, *slips a 20$* what were those song used in beta that you guys can't officially share? :P
Last edited by Whiskiz on Sat, 15. Dec 18, 10:07, edited 7 times in total.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 00:54

Quick question - with Phanon Plus apprently being sidelined due to potentially gamebreaking bugs, is there any safe way of making Phanon more competitive? Cause in the vast majority of my games their early traders get annihilated, presumably by Xenon, which leaves them completely and utterly toothless. At this point the greatest threat they pose to me is the risk of their crushing debt imploding their sector into a black hole, and I can just sit back, build my forces as I please and then steamroll them. They are no challenge whatsoever, and even less competition, and that makes them ... well, boring.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 02:41

OneOfMany wrote:
Hey Whiskiz,

Double post, cause I'm awesome like that. :p

To be fair the salvager route is still very much viable in LU. However, it's pretty nicely offset by things like the fact that you can't just dock at an equipment dock and dump all your loot into a bottomless pit, things are much more expensive (a Kestrel cost around 1.5 million for the bare hull, and a TS cost around 7-ish million on average) and you gain rep significantly slower. As an example I'm a little over four days into a game where I've basically grinded Teladi rep at every opportunity, and I just got up to rank 7. That means I can finally buy one of their more basic M7s, as soon as I can cough up the ~115 million I need to buy the thing, shield it, arm it and equip it.

I guess I'm trying to say it's definitely doable to run a "Vanilla AP"-style salvage operation, but you have to put in a lot of work to make it go anywhere.
DuckSoup wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 23:36

It is not present in LU.

Yes it is, it's just really hard to find. The only place I could find that sells it is the Earth Torus.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

dizzy
x4

Post by dizzy » Fri, 14. Dec 18, 22:22

Zaitsev wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 00:54
Quick question - with Phanon Plus apprently being sidelined due to potentially gamebreaking bugs, is there any safe way of making Phanon more competitive? Cause in the vast majority of my games their early traders get annihilated, presumably by Xenon, which leaves them completely and utterly toothless. At this point the greatest threat they pose to me is the risk of their crushing debt imploding their sector into a black hole, and I can just sit back, build my forces as I please and then steamroll them. They are no challenge whatsoever, and even less competition, and that makes them ... well, boring.
1. While I was one of the people to tell everyone to stay away from Phanon+ because of bugs I encountered with it twice in my playthrough I think the current version that includes the userfixes posted on its corresponding forum post should be OK. Please feel free to use and report if there are still any issues :) Phanon+ is a lot of fun for the more experienced LU player.
2. Other than that, if you know your way around scripting you could change a few variables that control how much money vanilla Phanon is getting, that should be the easiest change to make them more aggressive. I don't have X3 installed and don't remember exactly where but some of those al.Phanon.* scripts should be a good starting point. If I remember well each Phanon generation gets (increasingly more) initial funding money and some repeated payments overtime, you could increase both of those values for each generation to make them more of a challenge. The thing I liked about Phanon+ was that it didn't just make them richer but also changed the way they respond to attacks and threats making it more of a challenge to do guerilla tactics on them (which is generally one of the few options you have against an enemy that outnumbers and outguns you).
X3LU 1.5.2/1.7.0 Youtube series with: IEX 1.5b + LUVi, SIaF r7 (previously also used Phanon Plus 4.02, Revelation Plus 1.04, Diverse Game Starts - LU Edition)
[ external image ]

DuckSoup
x3ap

Post by DuckSoup » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 00:26

Zaitsev wrote:
Fri, 14. Dec 18, 02:41
OneOfMany wrote:
Hey Whiskiz,

Double post, cause I'm awesome like that. :p

To be fair the salvager route is still very much viable in LU. However, it's pretty nicely offset by things like the fact that you can't just dock at an equipment dock and dump all your loot into a bottomless pit, things are much more expensive (a Kestrel cost around 1.5 million for the bare hull, and a TS cost around 7-ish million on average) and you gain rep significantly slower. As an example I'm a little over four days into a game where I've basically grinded Teladi rep at every opportunity, and I just got up to rank 7. That means I can finally buy one of their more basic M7s, as soon as I can cough up the ~115 million I need to buy the thing, shield it, arm it and equip it.

I guess I'm trying to say it's definitely doable to run a "Vanilla AP"-style salvage operation, but you have to put in a lot of work to make it go anywhere.
DuckSoup wrote:
Wed, 12. Dec 18, 23:36

It is not present in LU.

Yes it is, it's just really hard to find. The only place I could find that sells it is the Earth Torus.
Thank you!

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 10:47

So is https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... evelation/ no longer relevant then? Including Revelation+?
Last edited by Whiskiz on Sun, 16. Dec 18, 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 15:56

Whiskiz wrote:
Sat, 15. Dec 18, 10:47
So is https://www.reddit.com/r/X3TC/comments/ ... evelation/ no longer relevant then? Including Revelation+?

I'm also trying to wrap my head around replacing the music since we're left to fend for ourselves. I read the LU wiki and i managed to find a mod that apparently reinstates the original 12 combat tracks (because i don't know what i'm doing and that sorts out combat music) 7 of which was apparently used as background music instead in LU. Even though it's only 12 songs, it seems to have replaced the 42 combat soundtrack spaces so i guess that's sorted.

The sector music on the other hand - it says the "File format for sectors: 8XXYY.mp3" and i went through and there are only like 74 files with 8____ in it, but there're more sectors in the universe. Is there meant to be a quick and easy place to find X and Y coords for each sector from somewhere, then do we have to manually add each of them into the soundtrack folder?
The consensus on Phanon Plus appears to be "the last version had gamebreaking bugs, and the current version with the bug fixes hasn't been tested thoroughly enough to officially let it off the hook." After a bit of back and forth I decided to install the latest version and run it through its paces, because it makes Phanon way more challenging and since vanilla LU Phanon only risk me dislocating my jaw due to excessive yawning I'm all for them challenges. So if sh*t hits the fan, so be it.

As for Revelation plus it's a nope, but if you want to speed things up I made a mod (found at the bottom of the LU Wiki's download section) that will make the OCV expand significantly faster. Initial testing showed that they will advance about one sector per ingame day (give or take a few hours), and they are also noticeably less affected by the slowdown you'll see from vanilla OCV as they expand further away from their home sector. If you want to do it yourself it's as simple as increasing the cargo space of the OCV deca.fade from its standard 55-ish (I think) to somewhere between 80 and 90. If you want to you can throw in a slight speed boost as well, but anything above ~630 m/s yields little benefits from what I've seen.

DiDs:
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 17:04

So yolo Phantom+ (or not - instead having the base slow, low challenge but working version) and a no-go on Revelation - but can edit or mod in faster progression for the OCV.

Wouldn't it be a problem though, the OCV progression being static while your progression isn't? Even if it's increased. Say a week in and you're making hundreds of millions worth of power each day, meanwhile OCV are still just expanding at a rate of __ (1 sector a day, in this case) I can't see them being a challenge once you've established your end-game and onward as your power and economy continues to rise but theres is the same as it was from the start, unless i'm mistaken.

Can Revelation then be modified to increase progression some over time, too, to help keep up somewhat as the game carries on? And could Phantom be adjusted in the same way, instead of taking the risk of a broken current version, or low challenge base version? Until confirmation of it working.
Last edited by Whiskiz on Sat, 15. Dec 18, 20:44, edited 5 times in total.

OneOfMany
x4

Post by OneOfMany » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 17:55

Whiskiz wrote:
Thu, 13. Dec 18, 08:40
OneOfMany wrote:
Hey Whiskiz,

Haha awesome, will do.

Good to hear then, that those are indeed balanced and/or much needed mechanics.

Edit: Just downloaded but already have a couple questions, even after doing a ton of research online to even play the base game. Figured i'd just edit my last post to save room so hopefully they get seen:

1 - MARS mod - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=398899 dated March this year so pretty updated. Is it as good as it looks? any of it made redundant or no longer compatible, or definitely grab it?
2 - The whole soundtrack debacle. Apparently need a separate installation for the soundtrack but i found no option from the Litcubes download/installer. The only webpages i could find about install steps and the soundtrack are no longer valid. Was that made redundant? Do files still need to be edited to have access to other music? Also, *slips a 20$* what were those song used in beta that you guys can't officially share? :P
Stay away from mars for now just play the game in its vanilla form or add some extras that are sanctioned :)

Follow this:

A

Requirement: I am starting from scratch on a new game

Have a clean install ready. See: Clean Install.
Download the base mod from the downloads page.
Install the base mod to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).
Download the latest patch from the downloads page if there is one (there might not be one).
Install the latest patch to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3) if there is one (there might not be one).
Download the soundtrack from the downloads page.
Install the soundtrack to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).
Download the latest GUI package from the downloads page.
Install the latest GUI package to your clean install main folder (i.e. C:\X3).
Start X3, choose New Game -> Your Desired Start (Do NOT choose Damyath Import when beginning a new game!)

Whiskiz

Post by Whiskiz » Sat, 15. Dec 18, 20:28

Ahh thanks OneofMany, much appreciated.

When i first got Litcubes i googled Litcubes Universe download and got https://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=65906 as the main hit.

All the download came with from there was the .exe of V1.71 and V1.72 update, as well as a couple of other random mods at the bottom of the page like Mayhem.

Didn't realize the Litcubes wiki was also used to download the game, including the extras such as Trixx GUI and music.

No wonder i also had trouble tracking down Trixxs UI stuff lol.

Thanks again.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”