Sector takeover for AP?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Assassin8edKING

Sector takeover for AP?

Post by Assassin8edKING » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 21:55

Hi all,

I'm stick on utting a sector takeover mod/script for Albion Prelude and need some help please 🙏

I recently moved from TC to AP, in TC I had the apricot mapping service STO script file in the scripts folder amongst all the others and it worked a treat.

I assumed when I moved on to AP that I'd be able to use the same script file etc, but...

When I look in the scrupts folder for AP I do not see any of those notepad style icons for the script files, only RAR style icons for a very few compressed folders.

So I guess my first question is, if I put that STO script in the script folder will it work even thought it would be the only script file in that folder?

Secondly, if not, can anyone recommend a good sector takeover mod for AP? I've read a little about improved races mod which includes an STO feature I believe, but I don't like all the other elements of the mod right now so I'd rather not have to use that.

Cheers 🙏
A befallen king is deadlier than one who still stands...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: Sector takeover for AP?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 22. Apr 19, 21:48

XML script files from the unmodified game located in the "scripts" are compressed in .pck files. If you assigned winrar to open that kind of archive, then the files will have the winrar logo assigned to them. Script files provided in the forum are often just plain xml files.

In both "scripts" folders, the one of X3TC as well as its "addon" folder (X3AP), should be several hundred .pck files. If this is isn't the case, this points to an incomplete installation, and you should let Steam verify X3TC and X3AP.

As for the compatibility of scripts for X3TC and X3AP, as per this FAQ article in general scripts for X3TC can be considered to be compatible with X3AP. (Although there may be exceptions.) So it's certainly worth a try. You could also check the relevant script topic for reports by other users.
As for alternative sector takeover scripts, there's STO by Trickmov which should work fine with X3AP.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Assassin8edKING

Re: Sector takeover for AP?

Post by Assassin8edKING » Tue, 23. Apr 19, 22:33

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and the info, understood 👌

I actually have that STO mod downloaded already, and I tried using it, but sadly no success.

But... While reading your post, it sparked a realisation, when I tried to apply it I was a bit of a dumbass and didn't place the extracted mod files in the "addon" but in the main game directory.

So realising that, I'll try putting the mod files in the addon folder tomorrow eve, thanks.

I got the Morning Star sector after completed shady business and corporation troubles, ended the war, but there's a bloody pirate sector to the south, I hate pirates lol 😤 so I want to hijack that sector and turn it into a security buffer sector leading to my main place in morning star 👌
A befallen king is deadlier than one who still stands...

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”