[Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

spod007
x3ap

Re: [Mayhem] Star Wars for Mayhem (Experimental)

Post by spod007 » Mon, 9. Sep 19, 01:14

Hey LV, nice to see you still around o7. Insult your intelligience a little, sorry, but have you tried changing any of the optional mayhem files? i know when i first installed, i actually missed the graphics pack and other files....but it ran. i sorted it out though before i got into a new game, and, it wouldn't run. i was certain i'd done it right....so i repeated it, again, swore a bit, and viola, workin. Haha purely selfishly, i want you to get this working so i can see what scripts you're up to

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 11:22

Watching this, I feel that I should say something about invasions in Mayhem. There's an important script called "Mayhem.GetShipValue". Since a recent version, what it does is translating the RelVal of a ship into a balanced value that is used to determine how fast a sector can be conquered during a "clean war". The more valuable a ship is, the faster the war score will vary (it's also how the Pirates conquer sectors as well, with an independent war score however). At the end of the video, a sector is taking over very quickly, and I'm not sure where that's coming from, but this ship value is a thing to keep in mind while balancing this mod.
Last edited by Joubarbe on Tue, 10. Sep 19, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

XenonArchitect7

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 17:42

Hmm, ok. I am going to start a personal playthrough of this mod sometime soon and I will pay attention to clean invasions. I'll experiment with those value settings if I see the same problems. Thanks for letting me know!

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 10. Sep 19, 19:33

I don't know what happened there. But i think it was just bad luck for the Borons. Like if they used only half strenghth, or damaged BG's for defence which were destroyed one after another in a short amount of time.

Another Split invasion has been triggered by now, and it seems to go much slower.

The first SW ships are phasing out vanilla ones. Everything looking good so far. :thumb_up:

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 13. Sep 19, 23:21

spod007 wrote:
Mon, 9. Sep 19, 01:14
Insult your intelligience a little, sorry, but have you tried changing any of the optional mayhem files?
Most of my code was written drunk or high, no intelligence insulted

Post me the links and i'll try

spod007
x3ap

Post by spod007 » Wed, 18. Sep 19, 21:12

https://www.moddb.com/mods/mayhem/downl ... m-graphics <-- the files named optional can be renumbered. my theory being somethin funky might be resolved for now at least, disabling fog, or trails, etc.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”