Additional Turrets not firing

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Heusmann

Additional Turrets not firing

Post by Heusmann » Sat, 25. Jan 20, 20:52

Hi, I'm kinda new here, but I've been messing around with changing ship details in the TShips.pck with X3 Editor 2. I changed the number of front, left and right turrets the Odysseus has to 12 (just in the TShips.pck not on the actual model) but when I tested it in game, it only fires from the original 8.

Is this normal, and if it's not then how can I fix this problem?

XenonArchitect7

Re: Additional Turrets not firing

Post by XenonArchitect7 » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 00:36

Well without adding physical turrets to the ship in the scene file, the best you can do is add duplicate weapon entries in TShips referring to existing turrets. I know you can do this with invisible_weapon objects but I am not positive about actual turrets, although I would think that it will work.

For example, if the ship has some sort of turretdummy at index(ordinal) 5 of the scene file, you can add an additional weapon using that same dummy of the same index, just make another one with ordinal 5. They don't even have to be in the same direction. For example, you can have an invisible_weapon object being used across different turrets in different directions all at once.

If that was too confusing, just copy an existing turret as a new entry in TShips. It will allow for more guns to be mounted while not actually using any new turret objects.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”