[SHIP] Copy a ship?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sdfg

[SHIP] Copy a ship?

Post by sdfg » Tue, 28. Jan 20, 23:06

I've been banging my head against this for 2 days now, I hope someone can help.

I want to take an existing ship, and copy it, so that I can apply different textures to the copy. I don't want all other varieties of the model in the game to end up looking the same. I'm trying to take the excellent Shuri model from Cadius and make a ship called the Redeemer (I'm trying to be as explicit as possible to provide as much information as possible, if there's anything ambiguous or I miss please just ask). I'm running LxXRM. I'm stuck at the first hurdle of replicating the original model, not even poking anything else.

What I've done so far:
  • Extracted TSships, TCockpits, Components and Dummies to a working folder, into "addon/types"

Copied the TShip entry for the Shuri, made a new one for the Redeemer in X3 Editor 2, in the working TShips file.

Copied the TCockpits entries for the Shuri, changed the TCockpits in the Redeemer TShips entry in X3 Editor 2, in the working TCockpits file.

Copied source files "addon/objects/ships/Cadius/Yaki/{M1_Shuri_scene.bod,M1_Shuri}" to the same path in the working directory.

Renamed the files, Shuri to Redeemer and Yaki to Goner.

Edited the new Redeemer scene file to reflect the new files and paths.

Edited the TShip entry to point to the new scene file.

Created an xxxx-L044.txt page 17 entry for the new ship.

Created a setup.sdfg.redeemer.text script to load the text for the ship.

Added it all to a new cat. Applied as a new fake patch.
That's all I've done. I haven't touched anything in the bobs yet at all. I just wanted to make sure that I was starting from a clean slate, so I start AP, open up the cheat menu. Excellent, my ship is listed with the name. Cheat one in - no model. No components floating around, either. The turret changes all work, as do the handling and shields etc, just no model.

I'm so confused. Is there some 'my filename is this' in the bobs or something? I'm so confused.

Cheers, Steve

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [SHIP] Copy a ship?

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 31. Jan 20, 19:51

its possible you have put the model files in the wrong place, they shouldn't be in the addon folder.

model and texture files should be stored inside the cat without the addon folder.

as for changing the textures in the model file itself, you can convert the bob file to a bod file, then edit it manually, or use dbox2 and convert and edit it in Max

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”