[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

4square425
x3tc

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.6

Post by 4square425 » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 06:25

Joubarbe wrote:
Sat, 16. Jan 21, 10:33
@Betelgeuse97 (and poney guy): do you have an antivirus in the background?

EDIT: Also, have you ever noticed the savegame corruption during a boarding operation, instead of after?
I'm using Avast, shall I try it with it off? We'll try to avoid circular references this time.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 16:45

No it has nothing to do with that. Serializing data that reference each other was not my brightest idea... But you definitely helped! and for performance improvements too, as your savegame is huge!

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 21:17

Good to hear, I'm looking forward to succeeding with boarding, plus the improvements to agents and traders.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 22:57

Hi,

How do you tell your Agents and Traders to flee and remain docked when a Xenon patrol comes throught my sector?

I tried the flee / move to position / dock commands, but after a few seconds they all revert to their agent/trader command, undock and get blown up... Am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance ! :-)

hickok44
x3ap

Re:

Post by hickok44 » Tue, 19. Jan 21, 23:13

Hi, thanks for this mod. I am really enjoying it thus far.
Joubarbe wrote:
Tue, 28. Jul 15, 12:27
[*]Lasers are no longer able to shoot down missiles. Only chaffs can do that.
Regarding this future change, as a very new player, to me this seems to severely diminish the cool factor in the game. Will it be possible to disable this change in my own game once the update rolls out?

Thanks.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 08:37

@aurelcourt: You probably have some auto-assignment on.

@hickok44: Since the beginning of Mayhem 3, only CCDS are meant to defend you against incoming missiles. Such an expensive equipment should have a real impact on your strategy, that's why I've removed all Missile Defence turret commands. However, I wasn't aware that missiles got shot down massively by lasers, and not only the enemy lasers, but also friendly fire. The Let's Play of Hector made me realize that, and he comes with a solution that I didn't know to make missiles invulnerable (except to chaffs). So basically this change is for consistency. The change involves a catalog file edit, so there won't be any simple switch to revert it.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 12:06

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 08:37
@hickok44: Since the beginning of Mayhem 3, only CCDS are meant to defend you against incoming missiles. Such an expensive equipment should have a real impact on your strategy, that's why I've removed all Missile Defence turret commands. However, I wasn't aware that missiles got shot down massively by lasers, and not only the enemy lasers, but also friendly fire. The Let's Play of Hector made me realize that, and he comes with a solution that I didn't know to make missiles invulnerable (except to chaffs). So basically this change is for consistency. The change involves a catalog file edit, so there won't be any simple switch to revert it.
Speaking of missiles, is there (or will there be) a way to use CCDS so that 1 ship can protect its fighters (or fleet) against missiles?

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 13:08

Joubarbe wrote:
Correct !

I found a workaround by saving the logistics preset of the outpost and then deleting all jobs, then the agents would follow orders :-) Once the threat was managed, I reloaded the logistics preset.

But I'll try to remove auto-assign next time yes, thank you !

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 15:09

I noticed something weird : :-)
- I built a new outpost
- configured it with auto-assign traders
- ordered (2+3)=5 traders with a template, homebased to that new outpost

The first 2 traders built got the template and a "return home" command. I guess they would then be auto-assigned as traders.

The next 3 got immediately assigned as traders and started "working", even though the template was not fully ready for 2 of them (waiting for crystal delivery).

---

So that's 2 weird observations : why are the first 2 not immediately auto assigned? And why don't the last 3 wait for template before flying off?

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 15:28

Joubarbe wrote:
However, I wasn't aware that missiles got shot down massively by lasers, and not only the enemy lasers, but also friendly fire.
Don't want to spread bad vibes here, but this missle hull change may make NPC missles annoying and overpowered.

My missle rebalance brings 3 main buffs:
- disabled friendly fire (invincible missles)
- lower chaff effectiveness
- much lower missle cost

But it also introduces 3 important nerfs which all lead to lower overall missle damage:
- small and medium ships can't fire high damage torpedos
- only 30-50% of all NPC ships even carry missles
- missles have lower range. They get fired later (less missles fired per battle)

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 16:43

@Betelgeuse97: M8s do that. EDIT: Actually they can't in the current version, I will restore the Missile Defence turret command for M8.

@Hector0x: It makes no sense to be able to kill a missile by mistake, and not have a proper Missile Defence turret command. Missiles are very powerful yes, but also very expensive and heavy. It's pretty easy to hunt them down with an M8, which is probably the most useless ship class right now. With that change, they become a bit more useful.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.7

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 18:00

Mayhem 3.7 released

Remember to finish all your boarding operations before updating, the whole data structure is reset.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 20. Jan 21, 21:14

aurelcourt wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 15:09

So that's 2 weird observations : why are the first 2 not immediately auto assigned? And why don't the last 3 wait for template before flying off?
Free will. That's how good I am as a programmer.

Betelgeuse97
x4

Post by Betelgeuse97 » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 01:35

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 16:43
@Betelgeuse97: M8s do that. EDIT: Actually they can't in the current version, I will restore the Missile Defence turret command for M8.
Guess it's time for me to change my no research challenge to a 1 research station only challenge (for the M8 only). Thanks!

4square425
x3tc

Post by 4square425 » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 01:52

Hector0x wrote:
Wed, 20. Jan 21, 15:28
Joubarbe wrote:
However, I wasn't aware that missiles got shot down massively by lasers, and not only the enemy lasers, but also friendly fire.
Don't want to spread bad vibes here, but this missle hull change may make NPC missles annoying and overpowered.

My missle rebalance brings 3 main buffs:
- disabled friendly fire (invincible missles)
- lower chaff effectiveness
- much lower missle cost

But it also introduces 3 important nerfs which all lead to lower overall missle damage:
- small and medium ships can't fire high damage torpedos
- only 30-50% of all NPC ships even carry missles
- missles have lower range. They get fired later (less missles fired per battle)
I did notice an immediate change to the game once updating to 3.7 with the missile damage.

I've started terraforming and saved midway through one of the Maelstroms. The OCV wave consists of about 2 M7s, 6 M6s, and numerous fighters. My fleet consisted of 7 M1s, 2 M2s, and 6 M7s, plus several hundred fighters.

Fighting one wave in 3.6 caused a fair amount of fighter losses, but no capital ships destroyed. The next wave in 3.7 (identical OCV composition) took out four of my M7s, one M1, and one M2 with higher fighter losses. All my capital ships had CCDS (Mk 2) and 100 chaff.

I know the OCV are supposed to be super tough, but I really underestimated how many missiles were being destroyed by laser fire from before. I wonder if CCDS Mk 3 will be necessary going forward, which is much more difficult to obtain.

hickok44
x3ap

Post by hickok44 » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 03:12

Joubarbe wrote:

I see, I understand now, thank you.

Joubarbe
xr

Re: [X3LU] Mayhem 3.7b

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 08:31

3.7b released.

Changes about invulnerable missiles are cancelled. There's something better to do with all that, and it would take too much time right now.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 20:25

Hi,

Don't know what's happening but my logistics menu of 1 of my outposts is going crazy and is unusable... (Emperor's Mines)

Just updated to 3.7b from 3.6, took a bit of time to realize, don't know if it can have anything to do with the update...

Save + Galaxy for a potential troubleshooting?

Cheers!
Aurélien

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 20:49

The Agents -> Read Jobs menu, right? To me, only the Emperor’s Mine’s outpost works, the other ones don’t. Flickering.

aurelcourt
x4

Post by aurelcourt » Thu, 21. Jan 21, 21:11

Priest Refuge yes sorry, indeed flickering ! Didn't try the other 2

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”