[SCRIPT] Turbo Booster : V1.10 : 02/08/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Shihan
x2

Cycrow Split Ship Speed Booster?

Post by Shihan » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 12:57

I have installed it and it shows active in Plug-in manager, option to choose ....Enable Turbo...listed in controls (used F4), bought level 1 and 2 from Family whi and installed it. When I used F4 I get no increase in speed from gauge (boron M7 with 1400+ energy cells on it), I get no change in rate of movement away from a stationary object that is targeted. I can not steer the ship or fire guns. So I am getting an effect from it but not speed. So what am I not doing or doing wrong?
Ironman

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 15:55

what other scripts have you got installed? possibly a clash in commands.

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 05:11

I'm probably missing a very obvious step here or something. I downloaded the SPK, installed it using the X-Plugin Manager and it shows it as being active, and have purchased both level 1 and 2 and am in my Vidar. I have no idea how to activate it the turbo mechanism. When I go into my controls to try and assign a hotkey to this action, I'm not seeing it as an option in the menu. In my command control menu for my ship, I'm not seeing it anywhere in there as an option either. It appears to be running when I check the scripts. Here's what I currently have installed:

Better Combat Frame Rate
Collect Wares in Sector
Explorer Command Extension
Jump to Me
Sector Scanner
Turbo Booster
Remove Rocks

All of these are activated through the X-Plugin Manager except for Remove Rocks.

Before I go through and start eliminating scripts as the culprit, I was wondering if there was something that I just wasn't doing right. Like the Turbo Boost doesn't work on the Vidar. I haven't tested it on any other ship, but even if I transfer it to another ship, I still don't know how to activate it.

Suggestions?
Comments?
Questions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I sure do like biscuits

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 04:44

I went through and de-activated all of the scripts, except for the remove rocks and turbo scripts. Still can't figure out how to make it work. Any ideas? Thanks!
I sure do like biscuits

howar31

Post by howar31 » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 10:26

GOD~~
It's so expensive for a beginner like me...lol
I thought it was as expensive as the Jump Drive...Orz

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 02:11

err hows it work?

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 06:10

You install the equipment then use the hotkey.

Ind0ctr1n3

Post by Ind0ctr1n3 » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 21:03

Cyrow,

Small question/request; if you could take a look at this thread (Yes I probably should just have asked here...)

I'd like to have a slightly different boost modification, one that won't require energy to be used, much like the original boost extention. Also making the cooldown period regenerate back to 100%, but still able to use it before it reaches full strenght again.

Basically; would you mind if I modified/used part of your script? Any help would be greatly appreciated too obviously. :) Btw, maybe I'm just asking for something that's impossible to do, I'm not really familiar with X3 scripting yet..
Never trust anything that bleeds for 3 to 5 days and doesn't die.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 29. May 09, 00:12

Hi,

I'd like to say that this script has saved my hide on numerous occasions, however would it be possible for it to save my wingmen & other assets too?

What I mean is would it be possible to script an AI controlled ship to engage it's Turbo Boost under certain player-defined criteria? I.e. shields < 10% = run away & boost - say just for 10-15 seconds or so, then fly back at normal speed back into combat.

Just a thought.

Cheers,

Scoob.

jimmydude
x3tc

Post by jimmydude » Fri, 12. Jun 09, 22:49

Corrupted download :(

Now I've got a blank mod in the Plugin Manager that can't be moved or uninstalled, and I can't find a working download for this mod anywhere (or the corrupted version is blocking the installation). Tried it out and there's no new ware or hotkey :(

halowse
x3tc

Post by halowse » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 08:46

I purchased the lower priced booster and it works great on the m6 Vidar, but doesnt work at all on my yokohama frigate.

I havent spent the cash to experiment with the expensive one, can you describe what the differences are between them and any restrictions with regards to ship class?

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 12:18

The MK I only works on M6s and below. You need the MK II (expensive) version for M7s, TLs, M1s and M2s.

Loader009
x3tc

Post by Loader009 » Tue, 11. May 10, 23:04

2 small (or big?) improvement suggestions:

Possibility of the priority settlement, e.g. 1-st spaceflies 2-nd shield 3-rd energy cells

Keep "minimum" of energy cells, so that it has enough for some jumps. (This would make the first suggestion unnecessary -- cause you don't need priorities if you know that you will have enough energy cells.)
Greetz

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 19:40

hate to bump an old thred but how do you make it use shield insted of E-Cell?
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

Bobucles
x3tc

Post by Bobucles » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 20:00

This might be a handy place to make use of the "emergency jump threshold" option. If the ship is above a certain point, it'll use shields, otherwise it'll chew up E-cells.

MadMan983
x3tc

Post by MadMan983 » Thu, 3. Jun 10, 20:13

ok i tryed this but cant get it to work some how, any chance you can elaborate on how to get this working right?
When ever people agree with me i always feel i must be wrong.

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Fri, 4. Jun 10, 03:38

Walterses wrote:err hows it work?
I've slept a time or two since I installed it (I used the version in the Bonus Pack), but as I recall you need to go to the usual hotkey setup location to select the Turboboost option and select a hotkey (I used <shift>-<tab> so it is similar to the usual hotkey for boost extension).

Mk 1 for M6s and below. Mk2 for M7s and above. Speed increase seems to be about a factor of 2, so a Panther M7 might turboboost up to around 300 m/s, while a Springblossom M6 might boost up to around 600 m/s.

It is expensive, though, so I'll only be equipping ships I'm likely to pilot myself.
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 01:25

New Update: 1.10

Changes Cooldown:

Turbo will now charge back up to 100%, and can be reused again straight away unless the power level is below 15%

Added Laser Energy:

The turbo booster can now make use of your laser energy as well as shields.

Advanced Configuration:

Using the menu from the Community Plugin menu you can configure the turbo and tell it what energy types you wish to use.
You can also change the order that they will be used in and the threshold needed to use

gw42

Post by gw42 » Tue, 20. Sep 11, 23:13

Apologies in advance - you'll note from the join date and post count that I'm not seasoned when it comes to scripting & X3TC. I strongly suspect I'm missing something blindingly obvious....

Anyway, I'm using this latest version 1.1 installed via your plug in manager (v1.30). The turbo booster works fine except it doesn't seem to remember the energy priorities all the time.

I'm still trying to work it out, and half of the problem is I probably die half of the time before I dock and save after changing it to have shield as the first choice of energy use. However, on more than 1 occasion I have deliberately set the priority then immediately saved, and it still reverts to the default of energy cells first. I have also tried using the back arrow, the x and just esc to exit the menu (which should I be using? :? )

EDIT: it does remember the other options like minimum shield strength and which energy to use, just doesn't remember the priorities. So for me a fix is just to disable the other energy options. So the side note below stands!

On a side note, I may be fairly new to the x-universe, and even newer to scripting, but it's obvious that the community is fantastic and certain members have done some fantastic work. You sir would seem to have done some sterling work! :wink:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 21. Sep 11, 00:26

not sure y it wouldn't be saving the prioerities, its possible that it is saving, but they are getting reset for some reason.

when do you notice it happens, ie do you change them then reopen the menu and they are reset, or is it when you reload the game ?

also, what does it reset to, is it always to the defaults, or perhaps to the previous settings you had before the change?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”