[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

clcabbage
x3tc

Post by clcabbage » Sun, 23. Aug 09, 22:47

:thumb_up: sweet, just the type of script i was thinking of.
( I haven't tried any scripts yet,- trying to stay vanilla until i've completed all plots and corp's).
I really do hope this will be submitted for 'Bonus Pack'... :thumb_up:
jlehtone wrote:Several participants seem to have been upset by the existence of differing opinions.

The universe is neither so crazy that we can't understand it all nor so predictable that there's nothing left for us to discover. (from 'Jungles of Randomness'- Ivars Peterson)
"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind." -- Humphrey Bogart

Venutian

Post by Venutian » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 02:29

I've been looking for ways to keep my UT's alive and this comes the closest. Which leads to my question... is there way to make this to be enabled on UT freighters as well? Or on player owned ships for that matter so when they detect hostile ships, it warns me. I think this way, it may reduce CPU load as well? If it also have an option for the freighters to jump to another sector when it detects hostile ships.... that would be a perfect script for me.

Also, I do get some false alarm from time to time where it tells me that there's hostile but nothing there when I jump in or check the map. And also experiencing frame rate loss during SETA.

In any case, thanks for the script.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 02:44

SEWN doesn't give false positives, it's just that the ship is far from the active part of the sector. Kha'ak Clusters and Scouts are famous for jumping in 135+ kilometers off center. SEWN reports any time there's an enemy in the same sector, regardless of distance.

Venutian

Post by Venutian » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 03:27

Cycrow wrote:each satalite in the network has its own script running for detecting ships, there is 2 main reasons for this, first is that it uses the range of the satalite, so each satalite will have different ships in range, and each satalite can have different settings, ie they can be used to detect different ships.
OOZ662: Cycrow said in a post earlier that it uses the range of the satellite... or has this been changed on latest version?

And also, is there way to distinguish between the unknown sectors? I guess this would be difficult to resolve...

superbun
x3tc

Post by superbun » Tue, 25. Aug 09, 16:12

Cycrow wrote:if u wanted to fix the text, u could simply edit the text file, its fairly easy, u'll find it in the t directory of the download.

and if u send me the edited version i will include it in the next release
love your work cycrow, but it's your responsibilty to fix errors in your script. Anyway, how hard could it be?
Last transmission of split military python AE-316:
"Split say...ARRRGG!"
-------------------------------------------------------
X3:TC Soundtracks Tutoral

Gripen
x4

Post by Gripen » Tue, 26. Jan 10, 12:01

Loving this script but it would be awesome if you somehow could make factories have the early warning function too, probably too much hassle though :(

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 19:43

Newbie plugin user here.

I have installed SEWN via Plugin Manager Lite v1.10, but I haven't found any hint of its existence within the game (except for the setup script listed in the script manager screen).

I'm running v1.22 of SEWN and v1.41 of the Community Plugin Configuration.

Perhaps my trouble has to do with the hotkey issue -- I have no clue how to set up a hotkey for something that doesn't show up as an option in a menu somewhere. :?

I installed the cockpit mod and the lowpolyroids as false patches (I think -- I renamed the *.dat and *.cat to fit the existing sequence) -- those seem to work fine.
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 16. Feb 10, 21:33

if its installed correctly, then the hotkey should be available to assign in the new keyboard config menu

its at the bottom of the interface tab

ADStryker
x3tc

Post by ADStryker » Wed, 17. Feb 10, 02:46

Cycrow wrote:...its at the bottom of the interface tab
Found it! Thanks! :thumb_up:

At the bottom of the CONTROLS --> INTERFACE screen there was a choice to set up a hotkey for "Plugin Configuration" -- once I did that, and entered the hotkey, then the menu for SEWN showed up. :D
PSCO1 Cockpits | lowpolyroids-2.04 | Satellite Early Warning Network | Station Camper | Universal Best Buys/Sells | Invasion Warnings | ResizedAldrinBigRock | Equipment R&D | Lowpoly Complex Tubes | Mobile Ship Repairs | Player Workshop | Marauder Shipyard

marcusdavidus
x2

Post by marcusdavidus » Thu, 18. Feb 10, 07:02

hi . is there a way to somehow sort satelites by sector?
im using universe explorers so i do have alot satelites and is hard to find satelites in sectors u want have sewn on :P

Ralf Fontana
x3

Post by Ralf Fontana » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 20:05

marcusdavidus wrote:hi . is there a way to somehow sort satelites by sector?
im using universe explorers so i do have alot satelites and is hard to find satelites in sectors u want have sewn on :P
Same question and same problem here.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Wed, 24. Mar 10, 22:20

You may be able to sort sats in the property menu, in game hit p then r and go to the last tab Options menu. turn off looking for ships you own by hitting return on each entry and setting to no, you should then be left with just sats and stations in the sector tab view.

Is that what you both need?

HTH

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Ralf Fontana
x3

Post by Ralf Fontana » Fri, 2. Apr 10, 08:49

I'm sorry, but this is not what we search for.

Using Cycrows SEWN, you have to add satellites to the SEWN.

But one won't want to add every S. from every System to the list, because this would give an unreadable list and to much warnings. For the same reason, you do not want to add all 7 satellites that you use to get overview of an huge system, but just one of them.

Here comes the (small) downside. The list of S. to add is not sorted, neither is it's ID visible. To find a specific one means to go through the list of all S. and scan if it is the one you search for.

djrygar
x3ap

Post by djrygar » Mon, 12. Apr 10, 00:54

Great plugin

only thing that it lacks is bit more config options. especially: how many enemy ships ships should raise alarm. Pirate Guild uses mostly fighters for attacks - but when I enable fighters in SEWN I'm flooded by messages about harmless single pirates flying somewhere.

So I kindly ask for something like this,,, (I may modify it for myself, but it would be useful for others I guess)

Phosphene
x3tc

Post by Phosphene » Sun, 9. May 10, 04:10

Okay SEWN is cool and all but not yet totally radballs.

Now look these are completely constructive criticisms, nothing else.

First, and this is really important, you (Cycrow) should add the option to turn off all warnings, especially the one that flashes at the bottom of the screen. My primary problem with the one at the bottom of the screen is that it shows up in screenshots, even if you disable the HUD, which is a serious to me.

Second, if possible (and seriously I can see that it may just not be an option), instead of warning your verbally or visually, sectors where enemies have been sighted by SEWN should just flash red (or something, anything) in your universe map. If you added that, I would ****** love the shit out of you forever.

Lastly, there really do need to be more option.
Primarily, you should be able to tell the satellites to detect only certain races and, for each race, there should be the option to detect a certain type of ship. For example, I don't really give a shit about pirate fighers, and they set off my SEWN ALL the time. On the other hand, I do care about Khaak and Xenon fighters. Furthermore, I do care about pirate carriers and capital ships.

In other words, I should be able to set the following in SEWN:

Races:

Pirates
- Detect capital ships, m6 and larger, only

Xenon
-Detect all ships

Khaak
-Detect all ships

Claimable ships
-Detect freighters
-Detect M3 class or higher

etc.

I mean, SEWN is a very good start, but it could be absolutely amazing if you ever have time to implement these changes, Cycrow.

BTW, I already love the shit out of you dogg. A few years ago you helped me outfit the Nova with Pulsed Beam emitters, and for that you hold a special place in my heart.

stealthhammer

Post by stealthhammer » Mon, 10. May 10, 03:47

I think it would be better if you could do all that and then detect certion classes of ships to.
"The more we, as a human race, becomes more advanced, the more we, as a human race, lose our humanity and common sense." - Sean Patrick Feeney

"Technological progress is like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal." - Albert Einstine

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 10. May 10, 14:49

i do plan to add more config options, however i've been trying to balance the config options against the perforance.

the more options, means the more checks that need to occur so the more processing is required.

as for the 2nd point, its not possible, no way for a script to make any changes to the universe map

jazzmax
x3tc

Post by jazzmax » Tue, 29. Jun 10, 23:10

Hi there, I "found" the problem with this script ..
Im using X3TC v2.7.1 (last one) and plugin manager lite 1.20 (no RC), when I turn on satelites and press J (SETA) the game stop to go smothli. when I turn off (all) satelites everything is fine ... pls fix this problem if possible, because this is one of best usable scripts,, thx :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 29. Jun 10, 23:42

usually when everything stops it means your system isn't fast enough to process all the ships.

unfortuatlly theres not that can be done to fix the scripts.

reducing the seta speed should help, or reducing the number the satlites ur using should also work.

jazzmax
x3tc

Post by jazzmax » Thu, 1. Jul 10, 20:28

thanks for your answer I will turn satelites on in special sektors only ..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”