[SCRIPT] Satalite Early Warning Network : V1.22 : 03/06/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThalonMook
x4

Post by ThalonMook » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 19:42

Hi,

you have to configure SEWN that the SRS will be alerted if a enemy is in the sector.

CU
Thalon

Bobisback

Post by Bobisback » Sat, 24. Dec 11, 22:05

ya I did that by selecting yes for SRS in SEWN, but my SRS ships do not seem to jump to the sector to defend it?

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Fri, 20. Jan 12, 18:29

BUG-REPORT: Albion prelude, ver1.1, SEWN from bonus pack, not sure what version is it.

I assigned a M7 to a Wing and from combat menu to the SEWN def-thingy. All it does is "idling" untill something gets VERY close. Also the ship wont jump or react to alerts, has jumpdrive, e-cells and autojump in "yes"

EDIT: Do i have to assign my ships to one of the special "SEWN-wings" or does any color-wing work too?

EDIT2: Assigning the ships to "SEWN-wings" seem to improve the performance. They do however often go on a "standoff" just waiting near an enemy, even if whole wong is present.

EDIT3: Is there a way to make the whole wing jump about the same time. Mine jump one after another and die going in alone.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 23:32

In the (X3AP Bonus Plugin) Satellite Early Warning Network thread I saw this post from Mon, 26. Dec 11:
Cycrow wrote:it is much improved over the original TC version
Is there an improved version for TC?

As an alert system, this version works fine. However, I noticed a couple of quirks with the response wings:

- Wings do not always stop defending a SEWN satellite once they begin. They seem to ignore new alerts, even after they have vanquished all of the enemies from the original alert.

- If I manually address each alert by sending the response wings home after they do their job, then they do not always react to new, incoming, alerts.

I cannot figure out, for sure, whether these two problems happen sometimes or always. They appear to be sporadic, but I also shut down and reload the game, so that might cause them to reset.

Is there a way to get SEWN wings to return to ready-for-duty-mode?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 23:41

DrBullwinkle wrote:In the (X3AP Bonus Plugin) Satellite Early Warning Network thread I saw this post from Mon, 26. Dec 11:
Cycrow wrote:it is much improved over the original TC version
Is there an improved version for TC?

As an alert system, this version works fine. However, I noticed a couple of quirks with the response wings:

- Wings do not always stop defending a SEWN satellite once they begin. They seem to ignore new alerts, even after they have vanquished all of the enemies from the original alert.

- If I manually address each alert by sending the response wings home after they do their job, then they do not always react to new, incoming, alerts.

I cannot figure out, for sure, whether these two problems happen sometimes or always. They appear to be sporadic, but I also shut down and reload the game, so that might cause them to reset.

Is there a way to get SEWN wings to return to ready-for-duty-mode?
theres no improved version for TC yet, alot of the improvements are AP specific thou, they use some of the new commands/abilities added to AP
mainly its the menu handling that is different
there are a few other fixes that will eventually be backported thou

for the wings, they are supposed to return to thier homebase after killing all ships. I assume sewn is showing no more enemies (ie not red labeled)

there has been no changes in the sewn wings in the TC and AP version, so they should be the same.

you can try to cancel thier wing orders (setting them to none)
they should hopefully return after that.

swatti, the jumping together is difficult to achive, all the ships are ordered to jump together, but like all AI controled ships, they all get queued up at the gates, and its the gates that choose which ships to let through each time
The scripts have no access or ability to change this behaviour

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 23:57

Cycrow wrote:for the wings, they are supposed to return to thier homebase after killing all ships. I assume sewn is showing no more enemies (ie not red labeled)
Yes. The red label is gone.
you can try to cancel thier wing orders (setting them to none)
they should hopefully return after that.
OK, that is one thing that I have not tried.

On a related note, I have another minor report that does not bother me: SEWN response wings run out of energy cells and can no longer jump. I figured that is intended behavior (or simply not addressed), so I worked around it with CSecG (Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator). A tender would work just as well.

Presumably, that problem would not happen, either, if the wings actually returned home after their defense task.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 29. Jan 12, 23:59

yeah the idea is that after finishing thier task, they will return to thier homebase

btw, do you have thier wing homebase set ?

if you have the resupply settings setup, they'll get thier needed energy from thier homebase

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 00:15

Cycrow wrote:btw, do you have thier wing homebase set ?
I was just double-checking that when you asked. :)

Yes, all wings have a homebase and resupply settings set. That is why I used CSecG... because they refused to refuel.

Is there anything like a debugger for the script editor? Something with watches and break points? Or a way to write to the message log that is independent of variable type? I would like to watch how some of these scripts run, but I often do not know the variable types, which stumps me when it comes to output.

I still get stumped easily in the Script Editor. :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 20:25

Test Update:

I gave Stop orders to my SEWN wings. They show Cmd None and Action None.

No hint of going home.

The SEWN alarm is repeating an "Emergency signal from Scale Plate Green" every minute, and three SEWN wings are just sitting around not responding.

To be honest, the wing responses have never worked reliably for me. Sometimes they work; sometimes they don't. I figured it was just an incomplete feature. I was patiently waiting for an update. I only spoke up when I heard that SEWN had been updated for AP.

But I *like* SEWN. It is lightweight, simple, direct. And I can assign any size wing that I want. It's a good system. It would be nice to have the wing response work more reliably.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 21:39

you can enable the additional information, this will display what scripts are currently running on the stack

ill have to try test them further

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 30. Jan 12, 23:38

Cycrow wrote:you can enable the additional information, this will display what scripts are currently running on the stack
Initial State
I don't see anything on the stack resembling move or attack or defend or sewn. CSecG (v2) is the only thing on the stack, and that has Priority=100. Same for all three ships in Alpha Wing.

Test 1
If I manually run plugin.sewn.callwing, the wing responds to the threat.

Under these conditions, I see:

wing.ship.attackformation
turret.protect.std
move.follow.template
turret.protect.std
turret.missiledefense
CSecG

That looks generally good to my inexperienced eye.

With enemies gone, the command stack stays about the same. Presumably that is because I ran the callwing script manually rather than it running under the control of the satellite.

Test 2
I sent SEWN Alpha Wing home, then cheated a Xenon P into a SEWN sector.

SEWN immediately alarmed. A couple of Argon Military ships responded. SEWN Alpha Wing... just sits there, at home. Nothing on the stack except for the turret scripts and CSecG.

Alas, I do not know how to watch the stack for the satellite. What else can I test? (Or should I leave you alone and let you work on it when you get to it?) :)

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sat, 4. Feb 12, 13:37

Is it possible to isolate SEWN response fleets? Say I want Hatikvahs Faith and Seizewell to be guarded by SEWN wing 1 and SEWN wing 2 respectively and and ONLY their respective sectors.

edit and this is way more important
Cycrow, any word on a new way to select satellites? For people like me that every game aim to have an advsat in every sector on every gate it's simply daunting to find all five satellites in Hatikvahs Faith or whatever sector. Can you sort satellites by sector or give us an option to add target (satellite) to SEWN network with a hotkey or something?

:)
Thank you for your script all the same it's wonderful.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 14:45

It would be really cool to see this with default settings for Unknown and Enemy sectors that could be set "globally." That way, individual satellites wouldn't have to be hunted down if one wants to change their settings.

Oh and/or having the satellite list sort satellites by sector (either by default or by some option) would be really awesome (and even more awesome if they were further sorted by location in the sector). Perhaps there is a setting and I'm just missing it?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 17:50

Probe1 wrote:Can you sort satellites by sector or give us an option to add target (satellite) to SEWN network with a hotkey or something?
While sorting would be nice for a future version, there is something that you can do right now: Rename your SEWN satellites. That makes them MUCH easier to find on the list.

I simply remove the "Your Advanced " from "Your Advanced Satellite", leaving just "Satellite". The change in length makes these satellites very obvious in the SEWN satellite list.

Dakota-
x4

Post by Dakota- » Sun, 5. Feb 12, 21:40

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Probe1 wrote:Can you sort satellites by sector or give us an option to add target (satellite) to SEWN network with a hotkey or something?
While sorting would be nice for a future version, there is something that you can do right now: Rename your SEWN satellites. That makes them MUCH easier to find on the list.

I simply remove the "Your Advanced " from "Your Advanced Satellite", leaving just "Satellite". The change in length makes these satellites very obvious in the SEWN satellite list.
Unfortunately, I don't think it would help me. I add all my satellites to the list.

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Wed, 15. Feb 12, 09:28

Small update needed imo.

Running v1.1 AP:XRM

This should run a check every few minutes: Enemies, if yes = Kill em, if no, dock home.

Refueling needs to be a bit more reliable too. If low on fuel, a set number maybe, the ship will refuel and return to duty after that.

Zaknafein
xr

Post by Zaknafein » Mon, 27. Feb 12, 19:02

Bug here too:

when i select "capships only, excluding m6" i still get the alarm messages when a m6 enters the sector.
there is no difference between "capships only" and "capships only escluding m6" which is pretty much annoying because i only want to be warned for m7,m2 and m1

im using the ap bonus pack version.

greetings
Ofc ***modified***, modders doing what Egosoft cant.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 17:26

Why do we need to use the Bonus Pack version if we are playing AP? I prefer to manually install mods/scripts and I don't see a manual download for the bonus pack version of this.
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

swatti
x4

Post by swatti » Tue, 6. Mar 12, 18:38

Getting the odd bug again. Alarm -> Ships jump in, fight and jump out. THEN they jump back in. I want them to wait at the home-base!

Also, they dont really use the closest gate to jump in. I use M2s and M6 pack so jumping closer would be a biiiit more effective.

Sheathanaich

Post by Sheathanaich » Tue, 24. Jul 12, 20:51

Long time since anyone has posted in this thread, but hopefully this bump and question will hopefully get an answer.

Cycrow love the script and have been using it many many years, alright since 2008..lol, but with some of the more recent scripts for salvaging that have entered the boards I kinda like playing as an out and out salvage prospector. Now SEWN is absolutely the best at getting first hand knowledge of sectors that are entering into some sort of conflict. So here's my question can this script be made fully automated in regards to having my sats listed in the network...... I'm usually forgetting to do this on a regular basis and when I have 6+ explorers mapping the Galaxy and deploying sats in sectors, by the time I update my list is rather long !!! lol.

Anyways great script, extremely useful and very productive for salvaging tycoons.
Clan Shaw - "Sons of the Thane"
Mic an Toiseach

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”