[SCRIPT] Improved Boarding : V1.23 : 30-06-2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:13

Ok I found it... :oops: sorry.
the "NPC boarding" option & "increase marines on NPC ships" options are disabled.

But there are a lot of marines in NPC ships in my X universe. Couple of minuets ago, tried boarding a carrack & It had about 10 marines onboard including 4 three star marines. Is it normal or a result of the script ?

Thank you...
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:15

Normal (vanilla).

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:23

DrBullwinkle wrote:Normal (vanilla).
There comes the "luck" part....hope it will not be many (or any) in next time. Thanks.. 8)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 16. Aug 12, 11:37

You might find my post about Marine Tips helpful.

(It is near the bottom of Bullwinkle's List if you ever misplace the link).

krnja21

Post by krnja21 » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 16:47

can someone please explain to me how to edit the transporter device to increase its range? i mean in detail? thanks in advance :)

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Thu, 23. Aug 12, 17:59

krnja21 wrote:can someone please explain to me how to edit the transporter device to increase its range?
Madprof gave the details on the previous page.

Or I have already done it for you (and I also fixed a bug to make space walking more reliable):

Improved Boarding (Bullwinkle's Hacked Version)

Silent Marauder

Post by Silent Marauder » Sun, 5. May 13, 04:56

I recently upgraded my computer's graphics card and added more memory, so I switched to the 64-bit version of Windows XP in the process. I've reinstalled X3:TC (non-Steam) and patched it up to 3.2 (it was at 2.7 before the upgrade), installed Cycrow's plugin manager and added the Improved Boarding package, which I had been running before. Now, however, it seems broken. My Boarding Transporter Extensions are all ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM16_17, with no cargo class, a size of 1, and selling for only ~16 million credits at Split Equipment Docks (when they should be close to 50 million). I haven't been able to find anything out about how to fix this, and I'd really like to not have to start over and wipe out a three-year-old game.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 5. May 13, 04:58

Did you close the Plugin Manager before starting the game?

Silent Marauder

Post by Silent Marauder » Sun, 5. May 13, 09:24

I did. If I leave it open, the ware doesn't appear at all. I can't remember for sure if it was closed the first time I tried loading my game, but I think it was.

Edit: When I activate the Script Editor in-game and look at setup.cycrow.boarding, I see that it's adding the ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM16_17 instead of the Boarding Transporter Extension, which actually *is* selectable if I click on that argument and choose Select Ware.

I wonder if, on my last installation, the scripts used a different ware for the Boarding Transporter Extension. But that wouldn't explain why the ZA_EMP ware is showing up at stations and in place of my existing extension on my ship. You'd think one or the other would be correct, but they're both wrong in exactly the same way.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 5. May 13, 21:27

ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM16_17 should be the correct ware. Only the *name* of the ware is wrong -- the script should work normally, even with the odd name.

The name is in the 9604-L0xx file in your t folder (addon\t for AP). Look at the bottom of the file, on page 350017.

Which version of Improved Boarding are you using? Are you using any major mods that change TWareT (XRM, XTC, etc)?

Silent Marauder

Post by Silent Marauder » Mon, 6. May 13, 02:01

The name given in 9604-L044.xml is "Boarding Transporter Extension", and its t tag has an ID of 13423. I'm using v1.22 of Improved Boarding (Jan. 17, 2010), and the only other things I have installed are the Bonus Pack and the Board Stations plugin. I don't have anything else added. Last time, I didn't install the entire Bonus Pack - I left out the Turbo Boosters, I think - but that shouldn't matter, right? Especially since the ware showed up incorrectly even before I remembered to install the Bonus Pack.

I suspect ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM16_17 isn't correct, though, because it sells for the wrong price at the equipment dock (16M instead of 49M). If I modify the startup script (in the script editor) to put the Boarding Transporter Extension into the equipment docks instead of the ZA_EMP ware, I see that the BTE has the correct selling price.

Also, while trying to solve this issue, I disabled the plugin and started X3TC, and saw that the boarding commands were still listed in the Interface section of the Controls setup panel. Is this significant?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 6. May 13, 02:23

OK, that all sounds good. So it is working now?

I don't really know about XTC.

Also, v1.22 is an old version.

Silent Marauder

Post by Silent Marauder » Tue, 7. May 13, 05:29

Findings so far:

* The "Boarding Transporter Extension" isn't functional, despite having the correct name and price. As far as the boarding scripts are concerned, my ZA_EMP is the actual transporter. I can use it to board ships, but I can't use the ware actually named Boarding Transporter Extension.

* The setup script was adding the ZA_EMP ware to the Split EQ Docks.

* The ZA_EMP ware has the wrong price.

* According to the 9604-L044.xml file, the Boarding Transporter Extension has a t-ID of 13423.
According to the EMP's 8899-L044.xml file, t-ID 13423 corresponds to ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM18_17. The 16_17 that my transporter turned into has a t-ID of 13403.

* According to LV's EMP used wares table, the 13423 ware (18_17) is supposed to be the correct one.

I'm not sure what happened. It's like the script is half-broken.

If I had some other mod installed on my previous installation, and that somehow caused my ships to have the 16 ware, that wouldn't explain why the 16 ware also ended up in the EQ docks on this installation, nor why the script would recognize it over the actual 18 ware. I checked the script XML files, and the teleporter script specifically checks for the presence of a ware named Boarding Transporter Extension, so it doesn't make any sense why it would recognize one named ZA_EMP_BLANK_WARE_CUSTOM16_17. Nothing in the script seems to refer to a ware ID at all, just a ware name.

I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling X3TC. Then I'll patch to 2.7, install the Bonus Pack (minus the Turbo Boosters, like before), install the mod via the Plugin Manager, and see if it works. Then if it does, patch to 3.2 and verify that it still works.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. May 13, 05:39

Wait... do you have EMP installed? That would be wrong... the Plugin Manager has EMP built-in.

Also, I think that XTC may be tripping you up. According to other reports about custom wares, it appears that XTC includes an older version of EMP. EMP changed a while back, which causes problems with custom wares.

1) First, make sure that XTC does not have a boarding transporter built in. If it does, then do you still want to make Improved Boarding work?

2) If you do still want Improved Boarding, then I have a test version that uses the vanilla Transporter Device in cases in which the Boarding Transporter does not install properly. If you want to try it, then I can post it.
  • (Also, the scripts *does* refer to the ware id. It *looks* like a name in the Script Editor, but it is really an object handle.)

Silent Marauder

Post by Silent Marauder » Tue, 7. May 13, 05:53

I don't have EMP installed separately, no. I was viewing the XML file that LV linked to in his thread for the EMP, using it as a reference. I also don't have any mods other than the Improved Boarding plugin installed - I am not running XTC. I've been calling the game program X3TC, maybe that's the source of the confusion?

It seems that saved games do contain copies of scripts, because when I examine the script file in the "X3 Terran Conflict/scripts" folder, I find that everything looks normal, but when I examine the plugin.boarding.tele script in-game using the Script Editor, it is referencing the ZA_EMP ware. At this point, I think the easiest thing to do would be to modify this script to use the correct ware, then cheat in the correct replacement ware for my existing ZA_EMP ware. What must have happened was that my last installation somehow messed up the ware ID used by the Improved Boarding plugin.

Thanks for the help with diagnosing this.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Tue, 7. May 13, 05:57

Silent Marauder wrote:when I examine the script file in the "X3 Terran Conflict/scripts" folder
How do you examine those files?

You MUST use an editor made for X3 scripts, such as the in-game Script Editor. A normal text/xml editor will not work. If you want an external editor then use X-Studio Script Editor or Exscriptor. The human-readable portion of X3's script files is just "documentation". The real code is the array of numbers at the bottom.

A normal text editor is fine for other files in the game -- only scripts require a special editor.

Yes, saved games do save the scripts... but your report sounds as though you may have modified the setup file with a text editor?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 7. May 13, 09:43

The confusion comes from 2 different versions of EMP. The ids were shifted.

make sure you update the script to 1.23, old versions of scripts use the older version of EMP.

furidiam
x4

Post by furidiam » Sun, 2. Jun 13, 05:53

is there a version of this that works with AP?

azhaag
x3ap

Post by azhaag » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 13:10

Hi. Ive noticed that some people, like me, can´t see the config menu with improved boarding. I have cheat collection package working fine, but I can´t configure the hotkey in the interface menu. I´ve installed all the requeriments and tryed allmost everything, but i cant make it work.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 16:59

azhaag wrote:I can´t configure the hotkey in the interface menu. I´ve installed all the requeriments
Do you have the Hotkey Manager installed?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”