[MOD] Player HQ Hack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 05:49

kipstafoo wrote:Well that's unfortunate. :| So the cargo size will take effect after it is built but nothing else will, eh?

Anyway known way to stop a ship from being repaired? I'd like my Ares back. :)
Ya... I'd just use Cycrow's cheat package to make a new one and install all the same equipment. I've even shot ships with lasers to approximate the damage on the one I had to scrap. Then use the cheats to destroy HQ, create a Mammoth, load a HQ onto it, and build a new one. Destroy Mammoth (assuming you don't already have a TL), and you're back where you were.

-Grax

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 13:11

kipstafoo wrote:Cargo capacity of the HQ does change for existing ones
Ah, that's changed since Reunion then. Good to know.

LarryBurstyn
x4

Percentages

Post by LarryBurstyn » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 13:26

IN my game changes to the percentages and cargo capacity of the HQ take effect on existing saves but will not change something already started. If you start a new build or repair or scrap after you have changed the numbers they will effect already built HQ but will not change the percentages of something started before you changed the HQ file.

A already started repair or build will not be changed but any new will change even in already existing HQ's. I thought it stupid that a repair should take the same time as a build so I changed the time to 80% of the time a build should take. The repairs after that at my already existing HQ took 80% of the time they took before the change.

Scrapping takes 5% of the time, returns 80% of the materials, and 0% of the credits that a build uses. You can change these and get some credits back also.

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 01:53

Been messing with this file now after reading this thread. Because I always thought that the build times for HQ was insane for my taste and some of the requirments.

What I have found.

The 100 Value is indeed a %.. Most of your editing can be done from this area. IE lowering Production time is what I wanted... And I downplayed the credit cost (why should you be paying massive credits when you have to buy the Wares to build the stuff)

I also found that yeah you can lower the Factor value to -1 but this messes everything up... I have found that it messing things so up that making the value on one product -1 just one makes the ship be built for free.

What I wanted was to get rid of a few. Like cloth rimes, and nostrop oil etc. So I made the Factor 0 on these products.. Only changed this.

Went in game and low and behold no more cloth rimes, Nostrop oil, or crystals.

To replace these I changed the ore value from 23330 to 17000 which increases the amount needed to build products.

Now I have my HQ where I like it and think its a reasonable hack to work with.

I downed the Product Build time to 25% And I think it takes 16 mins to build the buster now. Takes 5 hours to build an agamamon M7M.

Don't delete the lines for the items needed to build item. This does nothing and actually does strange things.

Good luck..

Raven52
x3tc

Post by Raven52 » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 07:33

Hi Graxster: :) was wondering am waiting for the new patch for TC before playing it again, is there a version of this for X3 Reunion?. Would love to use it With the XTM mod.
Pull the grenade throw the pin .... OH BUGGER this is gonna hurt.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 18:12

Just use this file for X3:R. The HQ hasn't changed.

-Grax

Raven52
x3tc

Post by Raven52 » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 11:59

Graxster wrote:Just use this file for X3:R. The HQ hasn't changed.

-Grax
Thanks trying it now

Raven52
x3tc

Post by Raven52 » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 04:40

Hey grax:
installed your hack on reunion like you said, no go HQ now showing no products no build options or reverse engeneering options basically just big empty station :( . tried installing again, nope, completly removed it & the plugin manager & attached files, reinstalled, nope, :cry: tried buying and unpacking from TL, nope, create station, nope, is this compatable with the XTM mod? realy need it as im currently in a war of extermination agianst all commers (all races) just to make it interresting :lol: and the combat wear is starting to get really noticable. I know I could just us the Create ship cheat but in this war im trying for at least some realism :wink:
would any of these mod/scripts clash?
deltawolf= auto upgrade
Azz=pilotelA lll
arch2,desert eagle and nirwin= sector take over2.4.3
cycrow=BBS extras,bounty hunters guild,unlimited salvage insurance***
gazz=ring of fire
LV=deathmatch Arena Redux 1.3,heavy assault technology, player responce fleets***** (dma outstanding)
moot=BBS project2
ulfius=CMODll for XTM 0.7.4+, crew chatter ambient plugin,military HUD MKll plugin,XTM no civilians plugin *****
various=Terracorps Fleet pakage *****
voxol=player friendly EQ's,player friendly shipyards (expensive)
Ships
hawkbs=battlestar galactica BSG 75,Colonial raptor,colonial viper MKVll, Cylon raiderMK2 (BSG is Major MO+)
Balogt/Crycrow, edited by cronos=Radiance (unknown havn't tried yet)
I know BIG ask but together this lot just Rocks, brand new game for just a few downloads the bugs in TC almost made me look Outside of X3but this stuff is well worth every hour spent swearing t the screen :lol:
BTW the ***** above is for major kudos they really make for a whole new X3 experience :D

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 14:40

HQ hacks on existing HQs in Reunion will have issues, IE, they won't work.

That said, using the cheat to create an HQ in Reunion, it won't work right.

I never had any luck with the "add station to TL" cheat either in testing.

About the only way I got an HQ to work with an edit, was to add one to a shipyard and buy it.

But existing HQs in R react differently (DON'T react, in fact) to HQ.pck/xml changes than they do in TC.

There shouldn;t be any conflicts with any scripts/mods, unless they alter types\hq.pck.

Raven52
x3tc

Post by Raven52 » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 16:56

Thanks for the info fud, at least I know tht I didn't stick it in and break it off now :wink:

esamimbias

Post by esamimbias » Fri, 26. Dec 08, 15:20

Another fine and "more legit" way to own a PHQ is to buy it (190 M) using Teladidrone's Marauder Script

--
Esa Mimbias

DarkSonic28
x4

Post by DarkSonic28 » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 08:38

Um one thing..i haven't use the Cheat pack to get my HQ..and i have also tried both ways using the Normal buy it and build it..AND create it inside the Mammoth..however i still get the production stuck
halp?

954flyer
x3

Post by 954flyer » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 09:26

An alternate way to install the modified hq.xml is to put it in your X3 Terran conflict folder, in a subfolder named "types" (\x3 terran conflict\types".
Someone please confirm that my thinking is correct:

I can unpack 03.cat, find hq.pck, modify the values, and simply place the modified hq.xml in a subfolder named types? I wouldn't have to create or select a new mod since this subfolder is read first before the original cat file?

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 04:51

954flyer wrote:
An alternate way to install the modified hq.xml is to put it in your X3 Terran conflict folder, in a subfolder named "types" (\x3 terran conflict\types".
Someone please confirm that my thinking is correct:

I can unpack 03.cat, find hq.pck, modify the values, and simply place the modified hq.xml in a subfolder named types? I wouldn't have to create or select a new mod since this subfolder is read first before the original cat file?
Actually, it's read last, not first, but yes, that would work. The first thing the game does is read the .cats, starting at the lowest number and working upward. Each time it encounters a duplicate file name, it overwrites the older one (in memory). Then it reads the active mod and any other subfolders last, so by placing hq.xml in a subfolder named \types, you guarantee that is the one being used, not the one in 03.cat.

-Grax

Maliki
x3tc

Post by Maliki » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 06:40

How do I impliment this hack into my game please?

orion_1394
x3tc

Post by orion_1394 » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 03:21

is there a way to reduce build times of larger ships even more to like 5-20 mins?
Time You Enjoy Wasting, Was Not Wasted

meddluk
x4

Post by meddluk » Sat, 21. Mar 09, 20:40

How do you open the .cat files to edit them?

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 05:13

Malkuth74, does your "mod" reduce the needs for materials, or does it get rid of material requirements altogether?

cale_online
x3ap

Post by cale_online » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 13:59

just messing with your mod.. hope you dont mind... lol

am i right in thinking, if the build time for the M5 is set to 1,000,000.. which is about 15 seconds if i read it right?
would setting it to 100,000 take 150 seconds? and 10,000 take 1500 seconds? or is it not that simple?

just trying to tweak it, cos i dont want super faster building, nor free ships, but i did want it sped up, and the money thing removed cos it works out nearly as exspensive to buy as it does to build... :P

rcso
x4

Post by rcso » Fri, 10. Apr 09, 06:47

I just started the terran game, where in the story line do you pick up this HQ? I am currently doing a default vanilla game, not one of the specific starting packages.

ps I'm not talking just about this script, I mean in game when do you normally get an HQ?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”