[MOD] Player HQ Hack

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

canslow
x3

Post by canslow » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 20:14

me too please :)

canslow
x3

Post by canslow » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 20:03

Ok, I basically have what I need now. All I need to know is what were the original values, spending quite a while tweeking the numbers and still cant get it quite right. Would you be able to post the original values Grax? Would be GREATLY appreciate! Thanks.

EDIT: With some really basic algebra and a calculator, I figured it out, silly me :roll:
Anyone wanting help with this, PM me and I can try to help

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 22:37

Just to let you people know... I'd be glad to help with these things, but the problem is that everyone wants something different. A HQ that uses credits only, a HQ that doesn't use credits but uses resources, etc... I can't make a mod for every person that plays X3. :D

The first thing you need to do is get doubleshadow's Mod Manager. It will allow you to extract the original HQ.pck from 03.cat in the game directory. It will extract as an .xml file. Simply open with your web browser to view it. Edit it in Notepad/Wordpad. Compare it to the hacked version I posted in the OP of this thread. There you can see that I deleted some things, and changed others.

Now all you have to do is play with the numbers. When you want to try it, run Mod Manager, select "new", choose a name for your Mod, then click "add" and add your HQ.xml file, being sure it goes in folder \types. Select your Mod at the game's pre-load screen and off you go...

-Grax

On a side note, Mod Manager will allow you to merge multiple Mods so you can use as many as you want (as long as they don't modify the same files).

LarryBurstyn
x4

Mod Manager

Post by LarryBurstyn » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 17:59

For some reason the Mod Manager returns with the error that it cannot find XZ3mmext.dll. However this file is located in the installed program folder. I use Vista Home Premium version 32... I will be reporting this on the mod manager forum after this message is submitted.

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 01:28

I've tried getting the HQ to work for me, but it does that negative resources thing you mentioned in the readme, and stays there. I even left it sitting for 2 hours, to see if it would fix itself, but it never did.

I am running the Steam version of X3:TC
Using most all of the mods and scripts found in the script library thread on this forum (all those work)
my game is indeed ***Modified*** (need a full conversion mod to get anymore modified :D )

If you have any ideas, let me know. I'll be poking around with it myself, as I just got the mod manager and the X3 Editor.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 02:46

Tiberiumkyle wrote:I've tried getting the HQ to work for me, but it does that negative resources thing you mentioned in the readme, and stays there. I even left it sitting for 2 hours, to see if it would fix itself, but it never did.
Did you cheat it into the game? if so, how? Did you "create station" with Cycrow's cheat package? If you did, that's the problem. You need to get the latest version of the cheat package that fixes factories not producing anything.

-Grax

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 17:24

I tried it with the fixed version, all other factories work fine.

I also built it the non-cheating way earlier this morning... about 5 min before the xenon decided they didn't like where I was, my HQ was among my losses, never got to see if it was working.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 17:57

Ok, I just verified that cheating the HQ into the game with Cycrow's latest cheat package still doesn't work. If built in the normal way, this hacked HQ works. To cheat it into the game:
  • Create ship: Mammoth
  • Target the Mammoth, bring up Cheat console, select "add station to TL"
  • Check the freight of the Mammoth, select the Headquarters and select "Build"
  • Choose a position for HQ, build it. Click on the Buster to add to production queue and it will make one in about 15 seconds or less.
-Grax

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 07:23

Works when built the normal way :)

LarryBurstyn
x4

Production time

Post by LarryBurstyn » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 14:37

I was playing around with mod manager and found something interesting.

In hq.pck you have several values.
Production
Repair
Reverse Engineer
Recycle

They all have Time, Resources, and money settings at 100, 0, or some other number. the number is PERCENTAGE. For example in production time is 100, money is 100 and resources is 100. Changing time to 50 halves the build time for EVERY thing the HQ builds. Same is true for the other factors. These factors go into effect the next time you restart the game so you do NOT have to restart from scratch every time you change one of the these factors.

MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE ORIGINAL 03.CAT and 03.DAT files somewhere safe so you can put them back if your mods break something.

kipstafoo
x3tc

Re: Production time

Post by kipstafoo » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 01:35

LarryBurstyn wrote:I was playing around with mod manager and found something interesting.

In hq.pck you have several values.
Production
Repair
Reverse Engineer
Recycle

They all have Time, Resources, and money settings at 100, 0, or some other number. the number is PERCENTAGE. For example in production time is 100, money is 100 and resources is 100. Changing time to 50 halves the build time for EVERY thing the HQ builds. Same is true for the other factors. These factors go into effect the next time you restart the game so you do NOT have to restart from scratch every time you change one of the these factors.

MAKE SURE YOU COPY THE ORIGINAL 03.CAT and 03.DAT files somewhere safe so you can put them back if your mods break something.
Have you seen changes actually happen when altering the time/resource/money settings on a PHQ that is already created?

I have a PHQ repairing my Ares and it says it's going to take 1-2:35... judging by hoq quickly the last number tics down, I'm taking it to be 1 (day?/week?) 2 hours 35 minutes. No matter what i alter that time doesn't increase or decrease.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 02:02

That's because any changes to the hq file won't affect an existing one in game.

It will only alter a new one.

There are two ways to get one:

1. Use the method above with the cheats and add it to a TL/build it.
2. Make a script that offers them for sale in a shipyard.

An alternate way to install the modified hq.xml is to put it in your X3 Terran conflict folder, in a subfolder named "types" (\x3 terran conflict\types".

This way, you don't have to worry about screwing up the original Ego cat file, which will result in the necessity of reinstalling the game.

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 03:00

Well that's unfortunate. :| So the cargo size will take effect after it is built but nothing else will, eh?

Anyway known way to stop a ship from being repaired? I'd like my Ares back. :)

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 03:18

No, if you change the production numbers/etc, that should change as well, but only for a new HQ.

Nothing will change on an existing one.

kipstafoo
x3tc

Post by kipstafoo » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 04:00

Cargo capacity of the HQ does change for existing ones

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 05:49

kipstafoo wrote:Well that's unfortunate. :| So the cargo size will take effect after it is built but nothing else will, eh?

Anyway known way to stop a ship from being repaired? I'd like my Ares back. :)
Ya... I'd just use Cycrow's cheat package to make a new one and install all the same equipment. I've even shot ships with lasers to approximate the damage on the one I had to scrap. Then use the cheats to destroy HQ, create a Mammoth, load a HQ onto it, and build a new one. Destroy Mammoth (assuming you don't already have a TL), and you're back where you were.

-Grax

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 13:11

kipstafoo wrote:Cargo capacity of the HQ does change for existing ones
Ah, that's changed since Reunion then. Good to know.

LarryBurstyn
x4

Percentages

Post by LarryBurstyn » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 13:26

IN my game changes to the percentages and cargo capacity of the HQ take effect on existing saves but will not change something already started. If you start a new build or repair or scrap after you have changed the numbers they will effect already built HQ but will not change the percentages of something started before you changed the HQ file.

A already started repair or build will not be changed but any new will change even in already existing HQ's. I thought it stupid that a repair should take the same time as a build so I changed the time to 80% of the time a build should take. The repairs after that at my already existing HQ took 80% of the time they took before the change.

Scrapping takes 5% of the time, returns 80% of the materials, and 0% of the credits that a build uses. You can change these and get some credits back also.

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 01:53

Been messing with this file now after reading this thread. Because I always thought that the build times for HQ was insane for my taste and some of the requirments.

What I have found.

The 100 Value is indeed a %.. Most of your editing can be done from this area. IE lowering Production time is what I wanted... And I downplayed the credit cost (why should you be paying massive credits when you have to buy the Wares to build the stuff)

I also found that yeah you can lower the Factor value to -1 but this messes everything up... I have found that it messing things so up that making the value on one product -1 just one makes the ship be built for free.

What I wanted was to get rid of a few. Like cloth rimes, and nostrop oil etc. So I made the Factor 0 on these products.. Only changed this.

Went in game and low and behold no more cloth rimes, Nostrop oil, or crystals.

To replace these I changed the ore value from 23330 to 17000 which increases the amount needed to build products.

Now I have my HQ where I like it and think its a reasonable hack to work with.

I downed the Product Build time to 25% And I think it takes 16 mins to build the buster now. Takes 5 hours to build an agamamon M7M.

Don't delete the lines for the items needed to build item. This does nothing and actually does strange things.

Good luck..

Raven52
x3tc

Post by Raven52 » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 07:33

Hi Graxster: :) was wondering am waiting for the new patch for TC before playing it again, is there a version of this for X3 Reunion?. Would love to use it With the XTM mod.
Pull the grenade throw the pin .... OH BUGGER this is gonna hurt.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”