[SCRIPT] Salvage Commands & NPCs v1.5 [2008-11-20]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 24. Oct 09, 05:15

Hieronymos wrote:The last 2 times I d/l'd the NPC Bailing Addon, it was in ".man" format--whatever that is. Not .spk, not .zip--.MAN
Have never seen .man format before, and have no idea what program is needed to open it..
Any ideas?
I really need to get this sorted out. I have no idea why this is happening, it's something to do with the web server. You can just rename from MAN to spk and it will work fine.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Black holes are where God divided by zero.

Stryke11
x3tc

Post by Stryke11 » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 05:20

Hello, I am new to the script, very much enjoy it, and have a couple of questions.

First of all, Sector Salvager was working fine for me for awhile, but now when I select it, even if I know for a fact there are crates floating around in the sector I am in, the ship simply stops and does nothing. I don't use Universe Salvager and don't quite understand it but I tried it once and my ship began moving toward an equipment dock. Also, I always claim my ships manually using the Salvage Software Mk. 1 search for derelict ships and claim derelict ships command, but I read here that some people automatically find any capture all ships in a sector automatically using the combination of that mod and this one. How is this done?

I am using NPC Bail, Salvage Software Mk. 1, and the Economy Supply Trader mods.

Second, I read a lot of talk on this board about setting up another ship (not the one you are flying) to fly around and pick up all derelict ships across the universe. How is this done, what type of ship is best for it, and if I choose an M5 or something, how do I get it to target only ships and not crates/astronauts, etc.

Sorry if these are common/easy questions. I'm new to both the game and the scripts.

Thanks!

Oh, I also have NPC Salvagers turned off.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 28. Oct 09, 17:17

Stryke11 wrote:First of all, Sector Salvager was working fine for me for awhile, but now when I select it, even if I know for a fact there are crates floating around in the sector I am in, the ship simply stops and does nothing.
Chances are the cargo bay is full. I will take a look at the code when I am able and see under what other conditions this may happen.
Stryke11 wrote:I don't use Universe Salvager and don't quite understand it but I tried it once and my ship began moving toward an equipment dock. Also, I always claim my ships manually using the Salvage Software Mk. 1 search for derelict ships and claim derelict ships command, but I read here that some people automatically find any capture all ships in a sector automatically using the combination of that mod and this one. How is this done?
The universe salvager will dock at a station for safety whilst it checks for sectors with salvagable items. Salvageable items need to be visible to you - i.e. covered by a satellite, ship or station's sensors.

In order for your salvager to claim ships, you need it to have some kind of salvage software onboard. The software required is an option in the configuration menu. The default option is the built-in System Override Software, which is expensive and illegal. There is also the option to simply require Special Command Software. Additional to these options, the plugin also supports TECSG's Salvage Claim Software Mk1 and Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software. If either of these plugins are installed, then they are added as an option (and I think set as the default option).
Stryke11 wrote:Second, I read a lot of talk on this board about setting up another ship (not the one you are flying) to fly around and pick up all derelict ships across the universe. How is this done, what type of ship is best for it, and if I choose an M5 or something, how do I get it to target only ships and not crates/astronauts, etc.
You can use the Universe salvager option for this. As mentioned in the OP, you can control what type of items are salvaged by having the right equipment onboard:
- Freight scanner: collect crates.
- Cargo Lifesupport System: collect astronauts.
- Salvage Claim Software (depending on chosen option): claim ships.
The universe salvager will automatically refuel and use jumpdrive based on your ship's autojump and refuel settings. As a result, it is best to use a ship that can hold enough energy cells (as well as fit a jumpdrive), so I would not recommend an M5. Personally, I use a Mako (Boron M4) - they're fast-ish and have a lot of cargo space for ecells.

Hope that helps.
There are 10 types of people in the S&M forums - those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 00:16

I really need to get this sorted out. I have no idea why this is happening, it's something to do with the web server. You can just rename from MAN to spk and it will work fine.
Tried this already (using Vista Home Premium), but no dice...it causes a system freeze. Any other ideas? Or maybe I'm not renaming from .man to .spk properly...

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 00:19

Hieronymos wrote:
Tried this already (using Vista Home Premium), but no dice...it causes a system freeze. Any other ideas? Or maybe I'm not renaming from .man to .spk properly...
Well, all I can say is that this issue has been brought up several times now and always it was solved by renaming the file. Try redownloading in case the file is corrupt or something. System freeze definately shouldn't be happening!

Stryke11
x3tc

Post by Stryke11 » Thu, 29. Oct 09, 01:59

Thank you for your help! I think what happened is that I changed to a ship that didn't have a freight scanner and that is why I'm not picking up crates. Doh!

Stryke11
x3tc

Post by Stryke11 » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 01:26

Is there anything you can do with astronauts besides selling them into slavery? I picked some up with I was using sector salvager and I was afraid I might get scanned and would be thought of as a pirate so I landed at a trade depot hoping they would just get off but they didn't. So I just launched and let them out in space. It's a shame a good player can't rescue non-pirate astronauts.

vampirecosmonaut
x4

Post by vampirecosmonaut » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 01:58

Stryke11 wrote:Is there anything you can do with astronauts besides selling them into slavery? I picked some up with I was using sector salvager and I was afraid I might get scanned and would be thought of as a pirate so I landed at a trade depot hoping they would just get off but they didn't. So I just launched and let them out in space. It's a shame a good player can't rescue non-pirate astronauts.
I have exactly the same issue.
I haven't found a single script for X3:TC that offers a "nice" way to deal with them.
The first documented attempt in human history to use a rocket for spaceflight
was made in the 16th century by a Chinese Ming dynasty official named Wan Hu.
The resultant explosion presumably killed him.

Scruffy
x3

Post by Scruffy » Fri, 30. Oct 09, 09:02

vampirecosmonaut wrote:
Stryke11 wrote:Is there anything you can do with astronauts besides selling them into slavery? I picked some up with I was using sector salvager and I was afraid I might get scanned and would be thought of as a pirate so I landed at a trade depot hoping they would just get off but they didn't. So I just launched and let them out in space. It's a shame a good player can't rescue non-pirate astronauts.
I have exactly the same issue.
I haven't found a single script for X3:TC that offers a "nice" way to deal with them.

One of the things i always wondered about was, is there anyway other then enslave to get the astronauts you pick up back off of your ship. One day i landed at a Pirate Anarchy Port and when you click on one instead of enslave you get a INFO screen showing what station their destination was and the reward offered for their return. I never have got around to testing if it works though.

Trokhon
x4

Post by Trokhon » Sun, 1. Nov 09, 11:25

are both of the support scripts

Recommended: Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software
Recommended: TECSG's Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1

supported when parallel installed or must I choose one of them?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 1. Nov 09, 13:58

Trokhon wrote:are both of the support scripts

Recommended: Cycrow's Salvage Claim Software
Recommended: TECSG's Salvage Claim Software Mk. 1

supported when parallel installed or must I choose one of them?
Yeah you can have them both installed. Only one can be selected as the 'requirement' for salvagers (both player and NPC) to have aboard.

Aegyen
x4

Post by Aegyen » Mon, 14. Dec 09, 06:36

I have been using this script for some time now, as part of the setup for NPC Bails, Pirate Guild 3, etc... Love the script, 1st of all..

I have never been able to get the sector salvager to work though. I set several different kinds of ships up, and no matter, when the command is started, it just goes back to 'none'.

I had been using the Universal Salvager fine for quite some time, with M3 Novas, until, they were destroyed by one thing or another. Usually this meant an attempt at crossing Xenon space... :lol:

Most M4s fell to this problem, as I never seemed to find one with enough cargo space to prevent it. If they don't have enough cells to make the jump, they just head out, and 'boom', a pirate gets them, or they try a Xenon route.

I finally had an M6 to spare, from a previous salvage, and figured :idea: now i will never have to worry about having enough cells... But, am seeing a new problem. They will run the 'universe salvage command' a couple times, and end up sitting somewhere, having reverted back to the 'none' command.

Feedback for a wonderful script, not going to stop using it, and looking forward to updates when RL permits. Or, when you can bear scripting again... :P

Oh, and another question I had, ( and something I have to play with to see if it creates the problem) is compatibility with a MARS script running on the salvager. Is this a no-no? I hadn't done it before with the M3s, but I did set up this M6 with MARS (D) on the turrets, might it be a conflict with 2 scripts running on one ship?

e1team
x3tc

Post by e1team » Sun, 21. Feb 10, 13:37

Hey, so what about those 'Claim Ship' missions? Any suggestions on how to outrun the salvagers before they claim my mission ship?
"I feel like that's not the way fantasy space travel works in the real fantasy universe."
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Freya Nocturne's Sigantures

Bluebird26
x4

Post by Bluebird26 » Sat, 3. Apr 10, 13:55

Hi, I Need a German Version.

Can any Person Help me???

Sorry mein Englisch ist nicht so gut, ich bräuchte eine Deutsche version davon.

bzw. was heißt (NPC max response rate) . Was stelle ich damit ein???

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 01:49

Is there a way to just get the Salvagers in my game? I do not really need everything else.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

strude
x4

Post by strude » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 07:15

dpadula wrote:Is there a way to just get the Salvagers in my game? I do not really need everything else.
Using the Community Plugin Configuration script here you can disable just the additional salvage commands and leave the salvage ships enabled.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 12:28

Thank you. That is great!!!
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 00:46

can you add a setting to tell the NPC salvagers to ignore ships spawned by missions?

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 05:14

Does this work with TESCG's SCS v3.34 or the upcoming v3.37?
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 05:36

Umm, if it uses the same command slot as previous versions then it should work fine, I'll have to test. If not, you can always change the requirement to special command software, or system override software.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”