[MOD] Mobile Ship Repairs - v1.6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Ludvink

Post by Ludvink » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 19:15

Is it possible to make this mod compatible with XTC?

Im a returning player, last time i played x3 were more than a year ago i think and i used this mod to set-up repair units to patch my damaged fleets back together. That is a awesome feature imho, that you can create support fleets.

Hate that its impossible in XTC and i cant seem to get this mod to work alongside XTC :(

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 23:07

Is this the definitive Repair Laser Mod for Terran Conflict?

I ve read around plenty of places what I already knew that you cannot add repair lasers to ships in vanilla TC, always referring to a particular mod that adds them to the game.

Is this the one?

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 09:51

Yes, not only does it add lasers but there are also scripts to command a vessel to remotly repair. The ship has to be able to mount repair lasers and have forward turrets or guns. The magnetar is a personal favorite.

Works fine with TC but I haven't tested it with AP yet, anyone out there running this with AP?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 11:31

Happyblue wrote:Yes, not only does it add lasers but there are also scripts to command a vessel to remotly repair. The ship has to be able to mount repair lasers and have forward turrets or guns. The magnetar is a personal favorite.

Works fine with TC but I haven't tested it with AP yet, anyone out there running this with AP?

Thanks for that.

I tried it last night and although it installed no problem it took several hours before the laser become available at the laser factory, so long in fact that at first I thought it didn't work.
The lasers did eventually appear, I bought two and installed them on a Demeter Miner and I fixed my first ship (Hades) remotely.
Excellent stuff.

Out of curiousity do you know if repairs done with lasers on ships work faster than when done by space suit?
It seemed a lot faster to me when done by ship but I don't know if that is because I was busy doing something else and using seta while it was taking place.

It would be nice if for instance 1 laser on one ship would take the same time (real time) as the spacesuit, for me the nice thing about this script is that it takes out the tedious wait without seta, I think it s best if it does not make repairs super fast.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 23:38

Well it took so long becasue you used a ship with rear turrets. Works a ton faster with ships that have front turrets or can fit a repair laser as a main gun.

The real gem here is if you play as a salvager you can use an elephant as a cheap carrier, jump around and collect your claimed broken ships, bring em all to a safe area like argon prime and order them all to fly to space.

Jump in your repair vessel (Again can't stress the beauty and easy availability of the magnetaar) and command it to repair all ships in sector. Go and do some missions and leave it to do its job. Check back in a bit and youll have all your salvaged ships fully repaired.

It could be considered a cheat but I like to play as a salvager sometimes and this script allowws me to build a junk fleet and keep my carriers stocked with ships without breaking the bank.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 11:01

Happyblue wrote:Well it took so long becasue you used a ship with rear turrets. Works a ton faster with ships that have front turrets or can fit a repair laser as a main gun.
Hi Happy, I don't know if you were replying to my post but I was not complaining about it taking too long, I really would prefer if it would take as long as it takes when you do it manually in your space suit (or even longer).

I like it that way cause it really doesn't feel like a cheat if it achieves the same result as when you repair without the script. As I mentioned not having to wait for the repairs (and being able to use SETA) is the thing I like to be able to do.

No matter how many ships I decide to fix, the effect on my bank account is the same whether I use one method or the other, but using this script I can carry on playing the game instead of wasting hours pushing a button waiting for the larger ships to fix.

I have tried and given up on the idea of fixing larger ships with the space walk, even playing music while tapping on the mouse button was not enough to overcome boredom.

More than a cheat I think some might argue that space suit repair was only meant to be used as a "roadside" fix for smaller ships, while a script like this turns it into the best way to fix any ships as it is totally free (not counting the initial investment when buying the lasers).

I personally think it is a great script and it adds a new path to an already very versatile game, the salvager/second hand ship dealer and I thank the author very much for it.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Wed, 4. Jan 12, 23:30

I personally think it is a great script and it adds a new path to an already very versatile game, the salvager/second hand ship dealer and I thank the author very much for it.
There is a humble salvager custom start script somewhere in here that has a nice litle background story and starts you off with a magnetar and some software. Worth looking for if you play as a salvager.

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 10:10

Happyblue wrote:
There is a humble salvager custom start script somewhere in here that has a nice litle background story and starts you off with a magnetar and some software. Worth looking for if you play as a salvager.

Thanks for the tip, I m more of an opportunist rather than a dedicated salvager but I ll keep it in mind, maybe I ll give it a go in the future.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Thu, 5. Jan 12, 18:35

ok last bump for this script lol - Ive had it running in AP for hours with no problems. Looks like its AP compatable after all.

wga

Post by wga » Mon, 16. Jan 12, 05:45

I'd make a workaroud for displaying the target being repaired.

In Grax.repair.a.ship
Change

Code: Select all

001   $repShip -> set command: COMMAND_GRAX_REPAIR_SHIP  target=$vic target2=null par1=null par2=null
To

001   [THIS] -> set command: COMMAND_FOLLOW target=$vic target2=null par1=null par2=null
002   set script command: COMMAND_GRAX_REPAIR_SHIP
And Change

045   $dist = get distance between $repShip and $vic
To

045   $dist = get distance between [THIS] and $vic
The 'set command' is somewhat not working well, please check
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=3785099

dblade
x3tc

Post by dblade » Sat, 28. Jan 12, 04:14

Just tried this out in TC, tested the repair laser on the Magnetar and now love this mod. I sent corbinbird a message hoping he will forward the fixes he did.

EDIT:
I'd like to also mention that the ship doing the repairs would not always stop at a point close enough that the laser would hit the target. I ended up adding a is class of Fighter check and modifying the attack distance var a little for the smaller ships.

another thing, this is probably more of an issue on the smaller ships being repared, is that only 1 out of 4-5 fires of the laser were hitting the ship (M3). Oddly enough I jumped OOS and he was 100% hull by the time if could pull up info on the M3...

Gneez
x3tc

Post by Gneez » Sat, 31. Mar 12, 21:51

Does this mod work with Albion Prelude?

kelmenwong
x3tc

Post by kelmenwong » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 06:13

Gneez wrote:Does this mod work with Albion Prelude?
x3ap:
i tried installed the mod, but it doesn't appear in the plugin mgr mod list

also in game the repair laser didn't hint about factory

i guessed it doesn't work for ap

Gneez
x3tc

Post by Gneez » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 22:44

kelmenwong wrote:
Gneez wrote:Does this mod work with Albion Prelude?
x3ap:
i tried installed the mod, but it doesn't appear in the plugin mgr mod list

also in game the repair laser didn't hint about factory

i guessed it doesn't work for ap
A shame, don't suppose you know how one would go about editing the suit repair laser to rep 4000 instead of 40 using the editor?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sun, 1. Apr 12, 22:46

Gneez wrote:A shame, don't suppose you know how one would go about editing the suit repair laser to rep 4000 instead of 40 using the editor?
You need to change the bullet rather than the laser. types\TBullets.
Last edited by DrBullwinkle on Mon, 2. Apr 12, 17:22, edited 1 time in total.

Gneez
x3tc

Post by Gneez » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 01:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Gneez wrote:A shame, don't suppose you know how one would go about editing the suit repair laser to rep 4000 instead of 40 using the editor?
You need to change the bullet rather than the laser.
And how do I do that?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 01:28

Gneez wrote:And how do I do that?
X3 Editor 2

Gneez
x3tc

Post by Gneez » Mon, 2. Apr 12, 13:21

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Gneez wrote:And how do I do that?
X3 Editor 2
*sigh*

I have the editor like I already said, I simply have no idea how to modify it or what files to look in.

Don't bother telling me, I'll go ask someone who isn't you.

lewisjk
x3tc

Post by lewisjk » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 21:35

sorry for the noob question but does it show anywhere on how to install this mod into AP? I was having difficulty on figuring out how to install the RAR version and the SPK files were not working on my computer.
Thanks

Vayde
x3tc

Post by Vayde » Sat, 16. Jun 12, 21:47

Hi Gneez. Have you tried opening the Tbullets file in X3editor2. You will find the item you are looking for in there.

Someone who is not DrBullwinkle.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”