[MOD] Mobile Ship Repairs - v1.6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

corbosman

Post by corbosman » Fri, 5. Mar 10, 19:14

EDIT: i figured it out. I was using a Mercury and it has rear facing lasers. The OP mentions a problem with this, and when I switched to Magnetar all was well. sorry for the confusion.

Im having some problems with this mod. Everything works, except for the actual repairing. Ive got a TS with repair laser, give it the repair command, it flies to the damaged ship, and thats it. No repair being done and the command queue is set to None again.

Thats on X3-TC 2.5 and installed through plugin manager

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Wed, 10. Mar 10, 05:45

same thin in my game

Cochran

Post by Cochran » Tue, 16. Mar 10, 16:21

I have noticed that some people have problems installing this, I was one of them. I had the old script only version and tried to upgrade but had poor luck. I got it to work, and it works flawlessly. I used the Plugin Manager .spk explorer and extracted the contents. Took the .cat and .dat folder out of the mod folder, added them as a false patch, and copied the rest over where it belongs.

I am fairly new to the game and modding, but figured it out with a little research.

(just to add, my computer is low-budget, and I use the SStormtrooper performance mod as my mod, everything else as a false patch... this one was 19 for me :shock: I'm a script / mod addict lol... anyways, this doesnt conflict with any of the others I have)
Breaking laws and setting records since 1972

corbinbird
x3tc

Request for Permission

Post by corbinbird » Sat, 1. May 10, 05:33

I did a little patch for MSR v1.7

It fixes the output on console and property list. Also uses turret #0 only. I got tired of forgetting and having the turrets kill the claim.

May I post, as a patch, in this forum?

Link is available if you want it.

Thanks,

Corbin

CasualT
x3tc

Post by CasualT » Mon, 23. Aug 10, 01:13

This mod seems pretty nice, but it doesn't seem to cooperate with CMod3. After installing it using the SPK, it returned all my weapons to their default settings. :(

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 31. Aug 10, 15:53

How Odd, I've been using this mod for awhile as well as cmod3 with no compatibility issues. Are you using the script version or the MOD version?

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Mon, 4. Oct 10, 16:03

I installed a repair laser on the front of a ship with both a front and a rear turret. On the first try, everything worked as expected, and it gradually brought a heavily damaged M8 up to full condition. When I ordered it to repair a second ship, it used the OTHER turret and nearly destroyed the ship under repair before I could issue a Stop command. A third attempt led to the command being dropped after a few seconds of maneuver. The fourth attempt again worked flawlessly.

I'll have to try restocking the factory and get it to crank out a second repair laser, so BOTH ends of the TM have one, and perhaps that will at least avoid the problem.

The idea is great, and the the limited availability, slow repair rate, and steep price keep it from being absurdly unbalanced. It turns a TM into an awesome fleet asset as a "repair tender". Overall, this seems to be just an annoying bug or two away from being a "perfect" mod.

Smart_Bomb
x4

Post by Smart_Bomb » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 07:18

what are the best ships to use repair beams? I put it on my caimen miner and it only repairs things behind him but not in front and of course they always look right at you so he wont shoot just stares unless I fly behind him.
- Please check out & vote on my X4:F expansion idea thread

[ external image ]

qwizzie
x4

Post by qwizzie » Thu, 18. Nov 10, 10:28

i put 8 repairlasers on a nova .. renamed it repairship and manually operate it to repair ships. No problem so far .. using TC 3.0
and seeing 8 lasers at work has a pretty neat effect too.
I havent tried using it on turrets or having other ships repair it,
i like a bit of selfcontrol.

edit: i forgot to mention that i have edited the tships to have repairlasers
compatable as main lasers for the nova ..

Cykonaut
x3tc

Post by Cykonaut » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 01:50

I got the files uncompressed but now what do I do to get them incorporated into the game? Thanks.

orion84
x4

Post by orion84 » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 17:39

Cykonaut wrote:I got the files uncompressed but now what do I do to get them incorporated into the game? Thanks.
Just copy all folders (mod,scripts,t) to main X3TC folder and you should be good. When you start X3 go "select package" before starting the game.

--

Grax, you still working on this? is this 3.1 compatible? CMOD 4.5? Corbin did you take over?
***modified***

Cykonaut
x3tc

Post by Cykonaut » Thu, 3. Mar 11, 22:48

orion84 wrote:
Cykonaut wrote:I got the files uncompressed but now what do I do to get them incorporated into the game? Thanks.
Just copy all folders (mod,scripts,t) to main X3TC folder and you should be good. When you start X3 go "select package" before starting the game.

--

Grax, you still working on this? is this 3.1 compatible? CMOD 4.5? Corbin did you take over?

Ok Did that, however the "select mod package" tab is grayed out and non-clickable.

:cry:

UPDATE: Yay ! I figured it out all by my lonesome.

:roll:

NavyAICS
x3tc

Post by NavyAICS » Wed, 16. Mar 11, 20:25

i d/l the .spk file but it was only 17kb in size. is that correct or did i not d/l the correct file? also, is this mod compatible with X3TC v3.1?
-NavyAICS.

EDIT: is this mod compatible with Lucikes scripts?
TRAMPLE THE WEAK, HURDLE THE DEAD!

Metachomp
x3tc

Post by Metachomp » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 20:28

Where do you put the file and should i use the .spk or .rar file?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 1. Aug 11, 21:01

It doesn't matter, what archive type you use. However, for installing spk-files you need the Plugin Manager (its topic is linked at the top of the forum). If you download the rar-archive, simply extract it to your TC main directory. When starting the game, select the mod in the "Select Mod Package" window of the TC starter.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Ludvink

Post by Ludvink » Fri, 16. Sep 11, 19:15

Is it possible to make this mod compatible with XTC?

Im a returning player, last time i played x3 were more than a year ago i think and i used this mod to set-up repair units to patch my damaged fleets back together. That is a awesome feature imho, that you can create support fleets.

Hate that its impossible in XTC and i cant seem to get this mod to work alongside XTC :(

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Mon, 2. Jan 12, 23:07

Is this the definitive Repair Laser Mod for Terran Conflict?

I ve read around plenty of places what I already knew that you cannot add repair lasers to ships in vanilla TC, always referring to a particular mod that adds them to the game.

Is this the one?

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 09:51

Yes, not only does it add lasers but there are also scripts to command a vessel to remotly repair. The ship has to be able to mount repair lasers and have forward turrets or guns. The magnetar is a personal favorite.

Works fine with TC but I haven't tested it with AP yet, anyone out there running this with AP?

Brinnie
x3tc

Post by Brinnie » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 11:31

Happyblue wrote:Yes, not only does it add lasers but there are also scripts to command a vessel to remotly repair. The ship has to be able to mount repair lasers and have forward turrets or guns. The magnetar is a personal favorite.

Works fine with TC but I haven't tested it with AP yet, anyone out there running this with AP?

Thanks for that.

I tried it last night and although it installed no problem it took several hours before the laser become available at the laser factory, so long in fact that at first I thought it didn't work.
The lasers did eventually appear, I bought two and installed them on a Demeter Miner and I fixed my first ship (Hades) remotely.
Excellent stuff.

Out of curiousity do you know if repairs done with lasers on ships work faster than when done by space suit?
It seemed a lot faster to me when done by ship but I don't know if that is because I was busy doing something else and using seta while it was taking place.

It would be nice if for instance 1 laser on one ship would take the same time (real time) as the spacesuit, for me the nice thing about this script is that it takes out the tedious wait without seta, I think it s best if it does not make repairs super fast.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Tue, 3. Jan 12, 23:38

Well it took so long becasue you used a ship with rear turrets. Works a ton faster with ships that have front turrets or can fit a repair laser as a main gun.

The real gem here is if you play as a salvager you can use an elephant as a cheap carrier, jump around and collect your claimed broken ships, bring em all to a safe area like argon prime and order them all to fly to space.

Jump in your repair vessel (Again can't stress the beauty and easy availability of the magnetaar) and command it to repair all ships in sector. Go and do some missions and leave it to do its job. Check back in a bit and youll have all your salvaged ships fully repaired.

It could be considered a cheat but I like to play as a salvager sometimes and this script allowws me to build a junk fleet and keep my carriers stocked with ships without breaking the bank.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”