[Script] Bribe A Pilot by Nividium v1.0 12/11/2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

[Script] Bribe A Pilot by Nividium v1.0 12/11/2008

Post by Nividium » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 20:16

Bribe A Pilot for X3 Terran Conflict.

Name of Script Package: Bribe A Pilot
Version Number: 1.00
Date Released: 11/12/2008
Last Updated: n/a
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v 1.2.1+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

Download Bribe A Pilot

Description:

Bribe A Pilot adds a Hotkey function to your Playership. This Hotkey allows a Player to make offers to other ship pilots. If the target ship likes your offer, they will give you their ship and it's cargo in exchange for your offer. The pilot will then work for you instead of himself. Whether or not a pilot will accept your offer depends upon his "morale" values. If he is unhappy, he will be more apt to sell you his ship and for a much lower price (just to get rid of the responsibilities). Most ship owners will sell their ship at average price and give you their weapons, upgrades and cargo for free. But, you never know when you will run into an unhappy camper who will sell at any reasonable offer. Actual offer increments are made behind the scenes and you do not have to worry or fuss with each offer, other than to press your hotkey to make another offer to the target ship. Don't take "No" for an answer, keep making offers to the target ship until your offer is high enough and they say "yes". An email will be sent if an offer is successful and accepted by a target pilot.

Features:

The [Bribe A Pilot] Hotkey function:
- Allows your Playership to target a ship with targeting reticule or from your Sector Map and make an offer to buy.
- You must be within 25 km of a target ship, to make an offer.
- If you can hear it over the background music, you will hear a series of typing sounds then an Enter key press.
- At the bottom of your screen you will then see in red letters the target ship is "thinking" about your offer, then they may or may not say something (game engine is quirky).
Also, the Argons have a real sex identity crisis and can't decide if they are female or male and will respond as either male or female during the offer making process.
- Offers made to a ship, stay with the ship. So you can make multiple offers to dif ships at the same time, if you wish.
- You cannot make offers to Neutral Race, Enemy Race, Player ships or Friendly Race.
- You can make offers to Races: Argon, Boron, Split, Paranid, Teladi, Goner, Pirates, ATF, Terran and Yaki.
- You can make offers to the following Accepted Class of ships: M3 M4 M6 TS TP
- There is no visual running total clue as to how much your current offers total. However, don't worry, as you will never pay more than the average market price for a ship. However, you could pick one up for dirt cheap though, however the odds of that are slim. Overall, a good deal is usually made though.

Required Equipment: None

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager. Then go to [Controls][Interface] and set a key for your Hotkey.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager. There is an automatic Hotkey remover that will be made available after you uninstall the script using the X3 Plugin Manager. You will need to start the game then save the game, then exit the game then load the X3 Plugin Manage AGAIN and it will ask you if you want to remove the uninstall, answer "yes".

Version History: Version 1.00 Initial Release.

Command Slots Used: none

Text File Used: 7239-L044.xml
Last edited by Nividium on Fri, 14. Nov 08, 02:19, edited 2 times in total.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 20:30

:lol: I missread title thought it said bribe a pilot using Nvidium :D

looks interesting will download and give it a go.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 22:06

i like the sound of this, but i find that i dont have enough hotkeys as it is...

is it possible to add this to the communication menue with the target, so it would read somthing like
-------------------------------------------------------
Request directions to nearest Equipment Dock =

Request Direction to nearest ship yard =

Attempt to bribe ship =

Surrender =

Thanks for this mod

Corhen

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 05:05

corhen wrote:i like the sound of this, but i find that i dont have enough hotkeys as it is...

is it possible to add this to the communication menue with the target, so it would read somthing like
Request directions to nearest Equipment Dock =

Request Direction to nearest ship yard =

Attempt to bribe ship =

Surrender =

Thanks for this mod

Corhen

I could create a button or menu option in ship Commands under, General, Special, Custom and the like. But, given it's consecutive use while negotiating a deal, it would be impracticle to use a menu system with this command. So, sorry, no can do.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Re: [Script] Bribe A Pilot by Nividium v1.0 12/11/2008

Post by Tiedyeguy » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 05:39

Nividium wrote:- You can make offers to the following Accepted Class of ships: M3 M4 M6 TS TP
Is that supposed to be just M3/4/5? or are M6s actually included? I know the play can receive "trade mission" offers for the AI to sell the ship to the player on M6 ships as I recently got one for a slightly damaged (19% hull) Centaur for roughly 150k credits. *eject, aim at new ship, set heavy object on 'fire' button, go grocery shopping, try not to run out of O2, sell ship at 40 fold profitssss*
:EDIT: I too thought that the player used Nividium Ore to bribe the target :D

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 06:23

TSM wrote::lol: I missread title thought it said bribe a pilot using Nvidium :D

looks interesting will download and give it a go.

I did the same thing! :oops:
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 07:37

I like this idea alot.

But, i sounds too much like a cheat. :oops:

It would be great if you could get the ship, but at an inflated price with the cargo still coming free. The possibilty being that the cargo could be a load of rubbish or very good
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 09:45

Kilrathi Avenger wrote:It would be great if you could get the ship, but at an inflated price with the cargo still coming free. The possibilty being that the cargo could be a load of rubbish or very good
Sorry, but have you used your freight scanner? :D

kayronjm

Post by kayronjm » Mon, 11. May 09, 02:11

Great mod!
Got it installed, thanks.

Just a quick question. Might be a stupid one..
How do you actually edit how much you're offering as a bribe?
I've bribed a few and all said "no" but I saw nothing to customise how much to offer!

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 11. May 09, 03:42

They all say no. You have to keep offering a bribe to them until they accept. The bribe increments higher each time you make an offer to them. The actual amount is irrelivent, so there is no editing of the actual bribe amount. Just find a target and keep making bribes to them till they say yes, then you own their ship etc.

kayronjm

Post by kayronjm » Tue, 12. May 09, 02:12

Fair enough. Thank you, for the mod too! :)

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 12. May 09, 04:05

I loved this mod back in the Reunion days! Thanks for bringing it forth to TC.

millreaper
x3tc

Post by millreaper » Sun, 28. Jun 09, 06:33

Is the ling broken for anyone else? and if so is this gunna get fix any time soon?

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Tue, 7. Jul 09, 12:13

It's a great script !!
i'd like to know if there is a way to make it possible to bribe also M7 and M7M.

can it be done ?

KHCreason
x3tc

Post by KHCreason » Wed, 8. Jul 09, 07:22

So, I love this mod. I really do, but I found a serious bug. I had about 3mil credits when I installed this. And of course I used it. After about an hour and a half of flying around and thinking that I'm getting some great deals since I hadn't been rejected for not having any money, I looked...and I was at zero. So there's the bug. You can still bribe, and be successful, when you have no money. So I've stopped using it unless I know I have enough for the ship, or else I feel like I'm cheating.

manx
x4

Post by manx » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 03:57

Just downloaded this today and am having a lot of fun with it so far, but...

KHCreason wrote:So, I love this mod. I really do, but I found a serious bug. I had about 3mil credits when I installed this. And of course I used it. After about an hour and a half of flying around and thinking that I'm getting some great deals since I hadn't been rejected for not having any money, I looked...and I was at zero. So there's the bug. You can still bribe, and be successful, when you have no money. So I've stopped using it unless I know I have enough for the ship, or else I feel like I'm cheating.
I'm having the same issue as KHCreason; doesn't seem to matter whether I have money or not (although they'll take it if I've got it :D ).

Additionally, I can only make one attempt to bribe each ship. After they reject my first offer, hitting the hotkey again just produces the same tone I hear if I push it while not targeting anything (but otherwise does nothing). I thought saving and exiting the game might reset them, but it didn't.

manx
x4

Post by manx » Fri, 10. Jul 09, 21:57

Nevermind, works fine now... maybe it needed time to settle or something :lol:

oceanmist667
x3tc

Post by oceanmist667 » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 14:46

love it u can even bribe khaak pilots

costi
x3tc

Post by costi » Thu, 22. Oct 09, 15:05

Nice idea, but I'd love if the bribe offers were extended to M7 and M7M classes.

[Edit]

Sorry for the double post, but I just had to share this.

I stumbled upon an Argon weapons dealer in one of the Paranid sectors. Since he was flying a Blastclaw Prototype, I decided to bribe him.
It took 2.5 milion, but after looking in the cargo hold, the price was definitely justified - the guy had 208 Hammerhead missiles on board :lol:
Those are now mine, of course, and I really regret there's no "pay up or be shot to hell" mechanic in the game :D

On another occasion, I met a not-so-happy pirate that decided to change colours for a mere 600k (Blastclaw Prototype again).

Still, you might consider upping the bribes a bit - at the moment it seems kinda too easy - click, click and you get a fully armed and shielded ship for no more than about stock price.

[Edit]

Triple post... :P

So, I bribed a Paranid Military Hyperion Vanguard today. It cost me about 32.5 milion - kinda harsh for an M6 (even if it's a special one). Bug, or is it designed this way?

Still, I'm not complaining - IMHO the bribe shold be, on average, about 130-140% of the ship stock value. It'd somewhat balance teh fact that with a few key presses you get a fully functional, fully equipped ship with no notoriety loss. ;)

{Please use the edit button. - Terre}
Friendly fire is not so friendly.

amtct
x3ap

Post by amtct » Sun, 25. Oct 09, 18:49

costi wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I just had to share this.
costi wrote:Triple post... :P
There won't be four posts in a row :P
BTW ,use the edit button or a moderator will use the delete button :roll:

{Better late than never. - Terre}

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”