[ALP] BountyBoost 1.2 21/2/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rate the Plugin

5/5
62%
4/5
12%
3/5
8%
2/5
1%
1/5
1%
I hate LV
17%

Total votes: 139

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 00:37

was written in X3R where M7's were rare i'll adjust it lower than m2+1

i've updated the payouts and fixed the m7 issue as well as building in m8's

refresh the link i posted above for the script (ctrl+f5) and you will see the new code

download 1.1 via first post
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

jams

Post by jams » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 11:56

LV wrote:Amazingly enough underneath that was a link to an idiots guide to turning a plugin on and off

look up ;)
I already felt like one, thanks for rubbing it in :P

I don't have the setup script on hand, and don't know if it was intentional, but you Low payments gives the most money, and high the least. I think when I looked at it yesterday it seemed like the Easy, Med, Hard setup was messed up.

EDIT: found a way to view it:

029 ║║add custom menu item to array $menu: text='Low Payouts' returnvalue='easy'
030 ║║add custom menu item to array $menu: text='Medium Payouts' returnvalue='med'
031 ║║add custom menu item to array $menu: text='High Payouts' returnvalue='hard'

Shouldn't High payments be easy :D

001 if $value == 'hard'
002 set global variable: name='lv.bb.setg' value=1
003 else if $value == 'med'
004 set global variable: name='lv.bb.setg' value=2
005 else if $value == 'easy'
006 set global variable: name='lv.bb.setg' value=3

So definitely a bug, you multiply with 3 for Low payments.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 15:20

A minor suggestion. The messages put in the logbook would be better if the author was the race, e.g. 'Federal Argon Military' instead of 'Shipcomputer'. In fact, in general the messages could be a bit better phrased for the sake of immersion. Maybe even race-specific wording.

Also it would be good to have an option for a subtitle message. Even better would be to use the Betty audio for the police license kills, surely there are sample numbers for them?

I'm playing in medium setting and to me it seems a good balance. Still less money than would be realistic IMO, but at the same time not so much that it feels like you're changing the game mechanics wildly. So a good balance of two evils. Only been in fighter group vs. fighter group battles so far, though.

Sticks
x4

Post by Sticks » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 14:19

does this give me extra money, if my non-player controlled ships like M7m (i own them, but i'm not sitting in it) kills enemies during patrol missions?

sry for my bad english :oops:

crazydeath

Post by crazydeath » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 01:20

spk-file-host iss down. could you plz reupp/fix that? i prefer the spk to keep things clena.

thx

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 02:22

works for me, try again

crazydeath

Post by crazydeath » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 12:16

hrmpf, seems the host was just behaving bad. got it now, thx.

Jeckhyl
x3tc

Post by Jeckhyl » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 00:48

I tried it this evening, I had the start messages (payout on/off, bounties low/med/high, put it on high). Very happy, I saved, logged out, logged in, started a patrol mission, called my M2 near me to let it atomize my poor enemies... It killed a lot of xenons, nothing. Nada. Rien. I log out, restart, do the patrol mission in the M2, and get ridiculously low bounties.
With me in the M2 it seems the foes were much more powerful, then 2 xenon M2 spawned ; I destroyed them and got the awesome bounty of 30.000 credits (for a M2... Yi-pee-kai !)

I'll uninstall completely the game and reinstall it from vanilla tomorrow, and install only the bounty script, to see if it works correctly then :).

Cronos988
x3tc

Post by Cronos988 » Sat, 20. Jun 09, 13:07

I just wanted to point out that remapping the SIGNAL_KILLED for all ships in the Universe is a bad, bad idea.

I don't want to question your scripting, but doing so does lead to conflicts with every other script using SIGNAL_KILLED.

Furthermore, while the uninstall script looks fine, it did not work perfectly for me. I had freezes after uninstalling that seem to have been related to SIGNAL_KILLED not being reset for some ships.

You may want to change this into a map secondary signal, as you have already added this line in you code, but commented it out-.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 12:11

the reason the secondary is commented out is i was having problems with it working 100%, i'll take a look.

Soyweiser
x3ap

Post by Soyweiser » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 16:51

I like the plugin, but the payout high = low bug had me a bit confused (which isn't listed as a bug in your first post). I also thought that the difference between high low and med payouts would be bigger. I would have expected it to be around 10 times as much for the high, and one tenth for the low payouts).

Perhaps just create a possiblity for a numerical multiplier. (lets say, medium payouts is 100, remove two zeros from all the values, easy is 50, high is 150) and let people play with this multiplier).

I also think the payouts are way to high. (I modified it so they pay a tenth of the normal amount, and the ufo only gives 10 now). Actually having a payout for the ufo is a bit silly. You should only get payouts for targets the current region normally gives bounty for. I'm also missing the other types of mines, and the drones and ranger from the list. (And the space suit, but you should get a penalty for killing an helpless person who has surrenderd).

And as another request, currently the bounty plugin doesn't require a license. Which is great in unknown, xenon and terran regions. But it should be a requirement in others.

I hope this post wasn't to harsh or needy. But I really like your plugin so far, and it is better than the vanilla bounty concept. (I love the logging, finally, you see what you kill).

Ps: what is the xenon/kha'ak multiplier?

Skite
x4

Post by Skite » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 20:15

Soyweiser wrote: (And the space suit, but you should get a penalty for killing an helpless person who has surrenderd).
Rrrriigght, murdering, pillaging, boarding pirates should be left alive so they can just wander off to the closest station, do some raping there, and then be picked up by one of their buddies to eventually get a new ship and start the cycle over, again!

Soyweiser
x3ap

Post by Soyweiser » Sun, 21. Jun 09, 20:25

They should be captured, brought to a military station, and put on trail for their crimes. After al, bountyhunters are not pirates. We do have a code of honour. Right?

furstukin
x3

Post by furstukin » Wed, 15. Jul 09, 09:47

I just wanted to know if anyone else gets a blank player log message when docking at a pirate station to collect the bounty for killing a race ship in it's own sector. I killed 8 split ships in a split sector went to a pirate base docked and it said incoming message. When I looked it was a blank message and I didn't appear to recieve any money for the bounties.
Don't make me slap Ye!

Alkeena
x4

Post by Alkeena » Tue, 18. Aug 09, 19:58

I was running this on medium payout for the first patrol mission of the base Terran start...by the end I'd gotten almost 700k from just killing a few M5/4--I'm pretty sure I was getting about 50k/Xenon N which seems ungodly high. Seems like the payout tables could use a little more work if that's the case...

Jashashunter
x4

Post by Jashashunter » Sun, 27. Sep 09, 07:21

Im killing Paranid Custom ships in Emperor Mines ans the money is going to the Pirate Bank Store. What is it?? Where did my bounty go??

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 27. Sep 09, 22:05

try docking at a pirate base
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

ogamerdg
x3tc

Post by ogamerdg » Sun, 11. Oct 09, 20:09

ok i copy pasted the stuff in the folders then started the game and it let me choose my settings (log yes and med pay) and then it said that it was working or something like that and then i jumped to a kha sector and killed a few ships and nothing no voice saying you earned..., no pay #, no message nothing? so am i just moving to fast for the script and have to wait or is something wrong? Thx

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 01:47

Is it just my imagination or is this not in sticky?

I use it all the time but since I just reinstalled X3:TC because of OS upgrade I could not find it in sticky ;)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Motika

Post by Motika » Tue, 10. Nov 09, 02:15

TSM wrote:Is it just my imagination or is this not in sticky?

I use it all the time but since I just reinstalled X3:TC because of OS upgrade I could not find it in sticky ;)
i just checked at it is in there :roll:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”