[SCR] Prospector [2010-7-13 - X3TC 3.2.07]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 20:50

Didn't know that prospector didn't need to be d9ocked or homebased, I just figured they worked the same as CAG's and have always set mine to homebase and don't start them mining till after they are docked up.

Live and learn :)

As to the rar thing, better to unzip and place them into the X3 directory manually.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 21:47

In the OP it states that the MDS is optional on a TS. It also states that the PAC is optional on the M3 only. Does this mean I can use a laser besides the MDS on a TS? That might sound obvious but im not really clear.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:12

joelR wrote:In the OP it states that the MDS is optional on a TS. It also states that the PAC is optional on the M3 only. Does this mean I can use a laser besides the MDS on a TS? That might sound obvious but im not really clear.
AFAIK if a laser is installed it'll use it to break up debri into smaller chunks for pickup.

MDS does that also but it can break up asteroids into debri sized lumps for those laser ships to shoot at and pick up.

At least thats what I assume.

Argo.
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:12

A MDS is only needed, if your prospector should be able to destroy asteroids (and rocks too, I think) which are to large to be harvested. If a prospector should only harvest rocks which are small enough to be harvested, no MDS is needed.

M3 can be used to do the job of destroying asteroids and rocks, so they can be harvested by the TS ... the M3 themselves can't harvest on their own. And as they normally can't carry a MDS, a PAC is enough for them to do that job.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 10. Jul 11, 22:25

Ok. Thanks for clarifying that.

LIZERTECH
x3ap

Post by LIZERTECH » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 08:24

please correct me if iam wrong, the requirements are: a miner ship, a mining laser, special command, nav command, jumpdrive, transporter, trade mk1 and mk2, fight mk1 and mk2 right? maybe i will just try to shutdown all my other script later and see if this will work...

LIZERTECH
x3ap

Post by LIZERTECH » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 12:07

i finaly make it work, i disable all my other scripts xcpect cycrow cheat script, prospector and its libraries. i copy the prospector and its libraries in the x3 folder...will check if there is a problem if i activate the other scripts. is there a post here available in the forum on how to package a script into a spk?

Saetan
x4

Re: [SCR] Prospector [2010-7-13 - X3TC 3.2.07]

Post by Saetan » Mon, 11. Jul 11, 12:08

The requirements are shown in the manual, I quoted them afterwards too ... as mining ships already should contain the ore collector and a mineral scanner, you should fullfill all requirements. Even the optional ones.
Vicrry06 wrote:Ship Equipment
  • A ship of the transporter class (TL or TS), corvette class (M6), or a heavy fighter (M3) with XL cargo
  • Fight Command Software MK1 (Optional: changes behavior when encountering enemies)
  • Fight Command Software MK2 (Optional: changes behavior when encountering enemies; in addition to MK1)
  • Ore Collector
  • Mineral Scanner
  • Mobile Drilling System (Optional: Must be installed in a turret)
  • Particle Accelerator Cannon (Optional: M3 only, Must be installed in a turret)
  • Navigation Command Software MK1
  • Special Command Software MK1
  • Jumpdrive (Optional: can be used after a special training course)
  • Transporter Device (Optional: Use if the ship's homebase is a TL/M1)
But again, if no command is shown at all and you are sure you did unpack your files correctly, check if one of the other scripts you use uses the same slots as the prospector. Which slots are used by the prospector, is shown in the manual. Again, I've quoted them for you. See in the manuals of your other scripts or ask their autors to clear that up. If the same slots are used, you need to change them.
Vicrry06 wrote:Prospector Technical Data

Language File
8006-L044.xml (ID 8006)
8006-L049.xml (ID 8006)

Command-Slot (Change command slots (German))
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_16 (516)
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_17 (517)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_21 (721)
COMMAND_TYPE_CUSTOM_22 (722)
COMMAND_TYPE_TURRET_20 (920)

Object-Task
Global (Hotkeys and restart)
Ship Task 0, 40 and 41
edit:
I just saw in the German topic, which is more recent. Some of the slots did change in the newer versions (for example, if you got the most recent version from Lucikes script collection ... if you did download a old one, I suggest to use the most recent one)
Lucike wrote:Technische Daten Prospektor

Sprachdatei
8006-L007.xml (ID 8006)
8006-L034.xml (ID 8006)
8006-L039.xml (ID 8006)
8006-L044.xml (ID 8006)
8006-L049.xml (ID 8006)

Kommando-Slot (Kommando-Slots ändern)
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_16 (516)
COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_17 (517)
COMMAND_TYPE_OWN_21 (8021)
COMMAND_TYPE_OWN_22 (8022)
COMMAND_TYPE_TURRET_21 (921)

Objekt-Task
Global (Hotkeys und Neustart)
Schiff Task 0, 40 und 41

seePyou
x4

Post by seePyou » Mon, 18. Jul 11, 16:10

I have a bug in my game, specifically for prospectors (other scrips involved in the bug manifesting, but I think main fault is with PSC).

The setup: I have placed an OTAS Freight base (Saetan's MOD) in Akeela's Beacon and managed the cargo space with Dockware Manager to hold 5000 e-cells and 2000 of each of the normal minerals (Ore, Silicon, Nvidium).

I have trained and spread around 12 PSCs (all max rank), half on Ore, half on Silicon.

There are also currently 1248 Nvidium in the station cargo hold from mining Kingdom End, which I have now stopped.

I have told a CLS1 pilot (rank LO) that the station is a consumer of e-cells.

I have also setup a CAG (rank MD) to sell off everything but e-cells. Station prices are all average.

This works most of the time. CLS1 provides energy cells (respecting the 5000 limit) for the CAG and PSCs to refuel after doing their jobs, Ore and Silicon are being mined and sold and the station makes a good profit.
(the station was not made for this purpose alone, but this is what I need it to do now, so bare with me).

THE BUG: PSCs ignore dockware limitation, when it was specifically said by Lucike that PCSs will obey the station's dockware limit if they are homebased there (which they are).
That results in the CAG freezing up, he does not seem to be able to work with percentages over 100.
I have tested this. Put 2000 Silicon in station, and left all others at 1000 (so 1000 e-cells, 1000 Ore, 1000 Nvidium). PSC comes in and drops 748 Silicon, now the "reported" stock of Silicon is 137,4%. CAG grabs 153 Silicon to go sell it, CAG info screen reports "Destination Crystal Fab alpha" and after 2-3 sec his screen goes back to CAG on standby...
This happens on a loop, CAG will want to fly to Crystal Fab and then revert to standby.
Manually removing the Silicon from the station to bellow 2000 units (as per dockware limit) will resolve whatever was wrong and the CAG will fly off.

I realise this is many scripts working together, but if PSCs did not break the station dockware limit, then nothing would be wrong (that's why I'm posting it here).

Thank you.

P.S.: Just to be complete, I'm using all the latest versions from the German threads for all scripts and the mod (CLS, CAG, PSC, DM, eQ)

Edit [15:25]: I have just noticed that the CAG will try to take 153 silicon in his cargo hold and the put it back in the station (don't know why). Maybe this is the problem, since he is not "allowed" to drop them back in because the stock is over 100%. Again, though, PSCs not obeying limit is the first error that causes this.

Edit [15:29]: And now I've seen a PSC delivering 840 Ore, putting the station at 2430 Ore (again over the limit), but now CAG took 830 ore and went off and sold them... This is getting weirder...

8igdave

Post by 8igdave » Tue, 26. Jul 11, 21:23

EDIT:

Figured it out.

ganjanoof
x4

Post by ganjanoof » Fri, 29. Jul 11, 10:25

I have done a french translation of the Prospector's t file (latest version).
Anyone interested ?

gooses
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
xr

Post by gooses » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 13:46

Download link broken.
Last edited by gooses on Wed, 10. Aug 11, 20:30, edited 1 time in total.
[ external image ]

Unete a OTX, comunidad española de la saga X.
Hazlo o no lo hagas pero nunca lo intentes.

ganjanoof
x4

Post by ganjanoof » Wed, 3. Aug 11, 17:03

hawkbs
x4

Post by hawkbs » Sat, 6. Aug 11, 03:17

Corrupt Zip File for Prospector. Redownloaded same thing.

NM got the Script collection from above link newer version in there.

gooses
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
xr

Post by gooses » Wed, 10. Aug 11, 20:34

ganjanoof wrote:You can get them here : http://www.xuniversum.info/index.php?op ... Itemid=160
[ external image ]

Unete a OTX, comunidad española de la saga X.
Hazlo o no lo hagas pero nunca lo intentes.

Mannol

Post by Mannol » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 18:58

I recently starting playing X3TC and I really like the idea of this script. I just can't seem to get it to work. I am using the CAG from the same author at no problems, but this one seems to baffle me.

I've installed as instructed (even reinstalled just to see if that would work), but I can't seem to get the main menu. When I start Mine minarals, I get a very short menu like which ore, which sector, how much, and where to unload, but nothing like the big menu explained in the first post (or like there is in the CAG script).

Also, he seems to go mining, but he doesn't drop a beacon, also the pilot is not named in the info screen and thus I have no clue if the pilot is leveling.

Anyone know the sollution to this problem?

p.s. They do seem to shoot rocks and collect ore, and drop them off at my TL, at which point they say they are done and i need to tell them to start mining again.
Still no name or rank or so I have no idea if they are leveling up

p.p.s. Ok, seems I've been using the vanilla mining commands, Mine.S.
I do have "Start Minerals Mining.. Prospector" but when I select that, all I can choose from is "Scan Asteroid" and "Survey Debris"
First doesn't do anything, second seems to work as intented, but that doesn't make them mine!

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Thu, 11. Aug 11, 22:56

You have to dock the ship first. Then you can select the mining options and also tell it what turret to use to break up asteroids (In the ship's main command menu).

Mannol

Post by Mannol » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 08:17

No won't work even if docked, I tried, on several ships. I still only see the 2 options I specified

I'll try the turret selection option, as I know I selected it on some ships but I can't remember if I then tried the option again.

Edit:
Ok, Falcon Hauler in station, with a PAC in back turret, with mineral scanner, ore collecter, navigation and special command software installed.

Options under Special command do not include start minerals mining, only investigate asteroids. (and other non prospector commands)

Edit 2: Mercury, in station with the required equipment and software, turret set to mining, this one does have start minerals mining (not sure why the falcon does not) but still only the 2 modes, asteroid and debris, no mining.

Edit 3: Manually ran the setup script for prospector and for the pilot union, and now I finally get the main menu, and I get "start prospector" but then I get the question how many asteroids I should scan and then I select where.. if I press anything buy 0, they do zip nada. if I do 0, they seem to start surveying debris... also automatic naming does not seem to work.
Last edited by Mannol on Fri, 12. Aug 11, 10:03, edited 1 time in total.

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 10:03

Just an idea, but how about you fit one of the ships with every ware you can get at an EQ and see what options you get then.

Mannol

Post by Mannol » Fri, 12. Aug 11, 10:19

I finally got the prospector menu.. but they still refuse to mine.. all they wanna do is survey debris!

how is any other software gonna help with that?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”