[SCR] Resource-Free Factory (7 Sept 2011)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rheikon

Post by Rheikon » Mon, 7. Jun 10, 06:22

Nice little script, thanks. I did however change this to not only remove it from primary but to then add it to secondary so that you can help keep the game economy alive still. Just thought I would drop the idea here...

thecursed01
x3tc

Post by thecursed01 » Thu, 5. May 11, 22:00

okaaay. this thread is quite old. no wonder, as is the game.
i just started playing again last week, so let'S see if someone get'S to read this...

Is there any way or guide that helps converting those scripts to non.english versions?
In my case german. I don't mind english ingame text, but right now, it doesn't work at all, only shows some readtext lines after trying to start it.

the idea of not removing but making it secondary ressources is great, any chance to get that as well? :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 5. May 11, 22:14

Is there any way or guide that helps converting those scripts to non.english versions?
In my case german.
Download the zip-folder linked in the OP and have a look at the text files in the "t" folder. Each textfile ends with a language number L0xx.xml which stands for a certain language. 44 is english, 49 is german. Rename each file, so it ends with L049.xml. Afterwards open each t-file with a text editor and change the language id from 44 to 49, too. Save the files afterwards. That's it.
Another possibility would be to use Cycrow's Cheatpackage, which enables you to add and remove products and resources of factories. In the german forum you can also find a german textfile for that.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

x3tc

Xtc

Post by 150147 » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 10:59

Hi Arcana75.

I have used this excellent script in many versions of my games - thanks.

I am now planning to play XTC and have checked this thread to make sure I have the latest version.

I intend to manually install scripts and note that your download is entitled Superbox.zip. I use a PC ..... so....is this still the correct one to use?

Also, do you know if this script is compatible with XTC?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 12:14

The script was updated to a compatible state for Egosoft's launch of their Superbox which was some boxset containing many scripts, tools and conversions as well as all the Egosoft X titles at that point.

I cannot recall if Superbox contained XTC but if it did then yes the script would be compatible up to any prepatched state. And yes it would be for PC.

Although I do seem to recall playing Terran Conflict with my scripts.

x3tc

Post by 150147 » Tue, 19. Mar 13, 13:52

arcana75 wrote:The script was updated to a compatible state for Egosoft's launch of their Superbox which was some boxset containing many scripts, tools and conversions as well as all the Egosoft X titles at that point.

I cannot recall if Superbox contained XTC but if it did then yes the script would be compatible up to any prepatched state. And yes it would be for PC.

Although I do seem to recall playing Terran Conflict with my scripts.
Thanks.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sat, 23. Nov 13, 21:49

Does this mod still work? How about with AP?

arcana75
x3tc

Post by arcana75 » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 02:38

CaptainRAVE wrote:Does this mod still work? How about with AP?
Hi I don't own AP so I cannot answer your question :(

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Sun, 24. Nov 13, 13:15

arcana75 wrote:
I will let you know then :p

Lakz

Post by Lakz » Mon, 25. Nov 13, 02:18

CaptainRAVE wrote:
arcana75 wrote:
I will let you know then :p
So, does it? :)

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Thu, 12. Dec 13, 11:23

Arcana75 / CaptainRave,

so have anyone of you tested this script with the latest version of AP and the Paul Wheelers XRM mod?

Thanks.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Fri, 13. Dec 13, 15:54

Guys,

someone asked if the X3 Superbox included X3 TC, well the answer is yes. So this script should be compatible at least to X3 TC. Now with AP should not be much problem.

I will try it this weekend on a new game (just in case). I am playing a modifie X3 TC/AP with XRM, IE and lost colony.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Tue, 17. Dec 13, 23:44

arcana75 wrote:Not me no.
No, playing unmodified at the moment.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Wed, 18. Dec 13, 19:21

Works fine in AP :)

Can't remove resources from a complex though.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 11:01

CaptainRave,

So you checked the script on AP and it works, great. I try to install the script and as soon as I unzip the file and clicked on the icon, the pluggin manager change from AP to TC, so I stopped.

But if you tried and it work, them it is good for me. One question thouth, are you playing the game with any extra mods? I am for example using the XRM.

Thanks.

CaptainRAVE
x4

Post by CaptainRAVE » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 12:40

i64man wrote:CaptainRave,

So you checked the script on AP and it works, great. I try to install the script and as soon as I unzip the file and clicked on the icon, the pluggin manager change from AP to TC, so I stopped.

But if you tried and it work, them it is good for me. One question thouth, are you playing the game with any extra mods? I am for example using the XRM.

Thanks.
A few others, but none as game changing as XRM.

i64man
x3tc

Post by i64man » Thu, 19. Dec 13, 13:06

Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to take a leap of faith....that is after I copy the scripts and t folders...

philstacey
xr

Re: [SCR] Resource-Free Factory (7 Sept 2011)

Post by philstacey » Mon, 30. Dec 19, 23:01

Ive installed the x-universe plugin manager v1.531

installed the older script - didnt work, crashed game
installed the new script - didnt work, crashed game

closed down all other scripts so it was just this resource free factories script active - didnt work, crashed game

This is a free install of the game - steam

simply dont get it here

I used to use the old version of the script and an older version of the plugin manager and it worked fine.

Is there a compatibility issue with the new version of plugin manager and your script as other scripts work fine?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”