[SCR][june 08][v. 2.5-] STO 1.57 - overtake sectors

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Xenon472
x4

Post by Xenon472 » Sat, 4. May 13, 14:34

hello all
i was wondering if there is a way to rename the unknown sectors added by XRM, i think that the problem is that the sectors aren't named"Unknown Sector" but "Unknown Sector X Y"( where X and Y are the coordinates of the sector).
there is a way to make the XRM Unknown Sectors renameable?

EDIT:
nevermind i found a way to make any sector renameble:
i edited the "plugin.sto.main.menu" script removing line 713(if $sector.rename.name == $sector.unknown.name)
and line 718 (end)

InFlamesForEver
x3tc

Post by InFlamesForEver » Fri, 24. May 13, 01:49

0o0o0 wrote:I'm having trouble with this script. It worked fine for a while with no problems adn then all of the sudden it will not spawn new stations. if I drop a station its fine and the station remains but if I change ownership of the station to any other race other than mine it is instantly deleted. This happens when I start a brand new game also. It only happens in sectors that I have claimed. Anyone having trouble like this or know how I can fix it?
This is quite a late response but have you turned off the option to destroy NPC stations when they are spawned by GOD? If not then that's probably the problem.
In Flames We Trust
Listening to Whitechapel soothes the soul!! :D     ¹ ¤ ¹      But, the nuns are watching...
Samuel Creshal wrote:Keyboards: What separates the men from the boys.
XRM Trailer - XRM Installation Guide Video

Komrad_B
x3

Post by Komrad_B » Thu, 30. May 13, 04:07

Is this script supposed to also work with the new sectors of Vukica's Lost Colony Expansion? I have no problems claiming the original sectors but nothing seems to work in all the added sectors, I wonder if theres anything that can be done because there would be a lot of nice ones to claim! ;)

I also use XRM.

EDIT : Nevermind - I reinstalled the script and it did the trick.

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Mon, 24. Jun 13, 23:16

ive been trying to claim emperor mines with this. i have successfully taken other sectors with this mod but i really wanted to take this one because its dark and is close to argon/Terran space also has alot of resources. can someone confirm this or is there a sneeky pirate base somewhere ??

im using X3AP 3.0

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Thu, 27. Jun 13, 09:55

While i have little to no skill in X3 scripting i took a small peek inside the script and there is nothing i've seen to prevent specific sectors from being taken...

For me it was Black Hole Sun just now because my Argon notoriety had gone up 1 notch to Confirmed Enemy (-4) instead of Enemy of the Federation (-5).

You need -5 to take over sectors... have you checked that?

fisher 2000
x3ap

Post by fisher 2000 » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 00:41

Hi there thanks it works I didn't realise you had to be -5

rand__
x4

Post by rand__ » Fri, 28. Jun 13, 08:30

There is a "Declare War on Sector Owner" button in the STO menu somewhere, i think that does it.

Boringnick
x3tc

Post by Boringnick » Tue, 3. Sep 13, 20:32

Does this work with XTC 2.0? Without breaking any plots there?

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Wed, 4. Dec 13, 23:24

I have a clean XRM install

Attempting to copy the scripts into the folder gives me warnings that its trying to overwrite files.

Its supposed to be XRM compatible so I'm not sure how to proceed (It's been a while since I dabbed in X modding, so I've forgotten what to do) i.e do I allow overwrite or not?

Also this is for AP but instructions are not clear on if I should add the files to the TC section or the addon section.

Thanks

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Thu, 5. Dec 13, 03:13

Legionos wrote:I have a clean XRM install

Attempting to copy the scripts into the folder gives me warnings that its trying to overwrite files.

Its supposed to be XRM compatible so I'm not sure how to proceed (It's been a while since I dabbed in X modding, so I've forgotten what to do) i.e do I allow overwrite or not?

Also this is for AP but instructions are not clear on if I should add the files to the TC section or the addon section.

Thanks
Its fine to overwrite. You will want to put them in the AP folder too. One thing to note as an XRM user:

XRM handles trading stations differently. In XRM they are considered HQs so this script doesnt recognize that they are trade stations.

Use the cheat scripts and cheat in a trading station. The station you want has a volume of 15000 not 15001 which is the XRM version.

Legionos
x3tc

Post by Legionos » Fri, 6. Dec 13, 14:28

joelR wrote:
Its fine to overwrite. You will want to put them in the AP folder too. One thing to note as an XRM user:

XRM handles trading stations differently. In XRM they are considered HQs so this script doesnt recognize that they are trade stations.

Use the cheat scripts and cheat in a trading station. The station you want has a volume of 15000 not 15001 which is the XRM version.
Thankyou kind sir

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 19:16

Having new issues with STO and XRM, can't takeover sectors anymore because the latest XRM does not allow your rank to go below -4. STO seems to want your rank to be -5 to be able to take a sector.

Anyone have any quick fixes for this? Used to work with the older XRM scripts, XRM must have changed the ranking stuff recently.

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Sun, 8. Dec 13, 19:40

russbo wrote:Having new issues with STO and XRM, can't takeover sectors anymore because the latest XRM does not allow your rank to go below -4. STO seems to want your rank to be -5 to be able to take a sector.

Anyone have any quick fixes for this? Used to work with the older XRM scripts, XRM must have changed the ranking stuff recently.
Try the cheat scripts?

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 01:35

For some reason, the cheat script stops at -4 also. Can't drop it lower than that. I think XRM resets the rankings for some reason.

Anywhere in the STO files can a change be made???

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 06:41

russbo wrote:For some reason, the cheat script stops at -4 also. Can't drop it lower than that. I think XRM resets the rankings for some reason.

Anywhere in the STO files can a change be made???
XRM doesn't mess with reputations. You must have something else running in your game. Im an XRM user with STO and I dont have this issue

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 06:58

That's why it worked before I rebuilt my game and added IEX and Lost Colony.

I'll have to look at those.. Thanks!

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 07:02

That's why it worked before I rebuilt my game and added IEX and Lost Colony.

I'll have to look at those.. Thanks!

These are my cat / dat files

03 steam update
04 steam update 3.1
05 IE 1.1
06 IEX 1.5a
07 XRM 1
08 XRM 2
09 XRMi
10 XRM Hull Low
11 LostColony201 XRM
12 LoCo Patch
13 cockpit
14 immersive gui hud
15 docking ware

Scripts: Phanon, abandoned ship spawner, global friend foe upgrade, OK traders.
(and NPC bail, salvage command, cheat, all of Lucikes stuff, some of the oldies but goodies, things which never affected this sort of thing in the past)

See anything that might cause this???

joelR
x3tc

Post by joelR » Mon, 9. Dec 13, 14:43

Trickmov wrote:Update.

STO 1.54

Changelog:

- Smaller changes to the NPC-population-function for not-STO-sectors (for scripts like RSM)
- new function in the general options. As the pirate rank cannot be seen in the game directly, it's very difficult to get to rank=-5 to overtake sectors of this (and other races). Thus there is now a new option visible, when the sector-owner is not unkown and the rank of the player at this race is higher than -5, "declare war to sector-owner", which sets the rank directly to -5. Thus you don't need to kill enemies for hours ;)

Russbo......maybe this will make it clearer....

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 10. Dec 13, 00:42

I'm using STO 1.57, so I guess it's the same. I did do the declare war thing and it didn't change my ranking.

I'll try it again, and, "transmit to all properties" Forgot to do that before...

Thanks!

Cedric_FP
x4

Post by Cedric_FP » Thu, 6. Feb 14, 09:20

0o0o0 wrote:I'm having trouble with this script. It worked fine for a while with no problems adn then all of the sudden it will not spawn new stations. if I drop a station its fine and the station remains but if I change ownership of the station to any other race other than mine it is instantly deleted. This happens when I start a brand new game also. It only happens in sectors that I have claimed. Anyone having trouble like this or know how I can fix it?
I am having the exact same problem as you are. Did you manage to fix it?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”