[SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 15. Jun 09, 21:58

=============================================
Script: Advanced Navigation
Created: 10/08/2010
Version: 1.20
Author: Cycrow
Game: X3: Terran Conflict 2.5+
=============================================
NOTE: Not compatible with X3FL, as its already built in
The AI Division of Cycrow Technologies have been hard at work creating a new autopilot for better navigation of your ships
The Advanced Navigation Software is a new autopilot extension you can install to any ships, and allows you to better program the navigation of your script.

The software is capable of many things, these include:
  • Advanced Navigation Menu, for giving all your navigation orders from a single menu that can adapt to your circumstances
  • Advanced Path Planning, the autopilot will have the ability to plot a path around hostile sectors, and any black listed sectors
  • Blacklist/Whitelisting sectors, you can configure the autpilot to have a number of blacklisted sectors that will always be avoided.
  • Seperate Ship Profiles, you can setup seperate profiles per ship for thier navigation settings, as well as global settings, and group profiles, can can be used on multiple ships
  • Avoids Unknown Sectors, the autopilot will avoid all sectors you have yet to discover
  • Docking Computer Intergration, When docking at a station, all ships will use the docking computer if its installed
  • Gate Safety: Allows safe travel between sectors (no collosions)
:arrow: Installation :arrow: Script Replacement Addon

AP Script Replacement Addon by TechSY730

These set of scripts are installed seperatly, and replace the built in scripts to allow the advanced navigation to take control of the movement commands.

This means any normal movement commands will use Advanced Navigation instead, so all commands will use the docking computer for example.

This also allows other scripts to create plugins to use with advanced navigation as well
:arrow: Advanced Navigation Menu
  • The main control of the software is done via the navigation menu, from your ships command console, you will have the advanced navigation menu as an option in the navigation sub menu.
    This menu will give u complete control over the ships navigation, weather its flying to a sector, flying to a position or coordinates, docking at a station/carrier, etc

From this menu you can also set the profile to use for current ship, see below
    You can also manage the currently selected profile, to add/remove the sector lists, or change the settings

:arrow: Profiles Editor
  • Profiles hold all the settings for the navigation command, this includes weather to avoid enemy sectors or not, what blacklisted and whitelisted sectors there are.
    There are 3 types of profiles
    • Global Profile, default for all ships, a single profile that can apply settings to all ships
    • Ship Profile, individual profile for the given ship, the ship will have a unique profile, so any changes will only apply to that ship
    • Group Profiles, you can create any number of group profiles, this can be applied to any number of ships, and configured the same as the other profiles, so if you have a group of ships that you want the same settings, u can create a group profile for them
    The profiles contain 2 sector lists, blacklist and whitelist.
    The blacklist is a list of sectors that will always be avoided, the ship will never through any sectors on this list
    The whitelist is a list of sectors that a ship will always travel through if needed, ie, if you avoid enemy sectors, u can add an enemy sector to this list, and it will no longer be avoided. Useful if u want to avoid all but some of the enemy sectors

As well as the sector lists, there are other settings you can change.
    • Avoid Enemy Sectors: When enabled, ship will avoid any sector that is flagged as enemy, except those that are in the whitelist
:arrow: Profile Manager
  • To use the profile manager, you need the Community Plugin Configuration installed, then you access it via that menu

This allows you to add/remove and edit profiles, including individual ship profiles.

:arrow: Gate Safety
  • To enable this option, open the Advanced Navigation Menu and set the gate safety option to enabled.

When enabled, all ships going through gates will be accelerated to full speed, and prevent collosions for a limited time.
    The ships lasers will also not function for this limited time.

For the player ships, this is prevents the ship jumping back when accelerating, so you can accelerate at full speed without having to worry about going back through the gate.
Last edited by Cycrow on Thu, 9. Feb 17, 10:30, edited 13 times in total.

7ate9tin11s
x4

Post by 7ate9tin11s » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 02:33

If you need them, feel free to use the route planning, etc stuff from the plugin.ap.* libraries in Universe Explorers. The smart.flyer along with the astar routine (Adapted from AalaarDB x3r originals) already handles shortest flying distance safe pathing, sector blacklisting (via navigational hazard beacons), no flying into unexplored sectors, and avoiding enemy sectors via the friend/foe list.

I just don't let the player use them...honestly never thought about it. :shock:
Last edited by 7ate9tin11s on Tue, 16. Jun 09, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.

Sinnerman49
x3

Post by Sinnerman49 » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 02:34

Wow. That looks stunning.

When can we expect it? Cycrow you are the man!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 02:54

7ate9tin11s wrote:If you need them, feel free to use the route planning, etc stuff from the plugin.ap.* libraries in Universe Explorers. The smart.flyer along with the astar routine (Adapted from AalaarDB x3r originals) already handles shortest flying distance safe pathing, sector blacklisting (via navigational hazard beacons), no flying into unexplored sectors, and avoiding enemy sectors via the friend/foe list.

I just don't let the player use them...honestly never thought about it. :shock:
i already have that part done ;)
im using my old X3 Firelance path planning scripts which did all that

Sinnerman49 wrote:Wow. That looks stunning.

When can we expect it? Cycrow you are the man!
if all goes well, then hopefully by tommorow it'll be ready ;)

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 09:27

looks pretty cool idea!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 17. Jun 09, 18:48

The script is now available for download

Roady1976
x4

Post by Roady1976 » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 13:47

Hi Cycrow,
I have uninstalled this script as it, or one of the required additions were causing my game to crash.
Admittidly it could of been conflicting with one of my scripts installed already.

Now that it has been un-installed it has left a blank ware on some stations.. is there any way i can get rid of them?

thanks for reading :)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 15:07

i assume u used the ware manager ?

but did u remove that before this script or at the same time, as the ware manager is used to remove these wares when u get rid of the scripts.

so if u have removed the ware manager as well, it wouldn't have been able to

but what sorta crash was happening ?
i've not had any crash at all

perhaps if u can explain where its crashing i could find out whats causing it

Roady1976
x4

Post by Roady1976 » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 15:16

Thanks for replying.

I uninstalled all at the same time, which would seem to be my mistake.

The crashes were random, normally when just flying, not doing anything specific, which i appreciate doesn't help you in the slightest.

The only thing i can tell you, is that as soon as i removed Ware Manager / Adv Nav and the EMP mod.. my crashes stopped.

Sorry i know this isn't much help to you or any scripters out there.

note: when i say crash, i mean a game freeze after waiting for 5 mins or so, i'd check task manager and it would say stopped responding.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 16:01

sounds like an infinate loop

did u have the adv nav commands running on any ships at the time ?

its unlikly to be EMP

so the problem most likly lies in either the ware manager, or the adv nav command.

the adv nav command only does things when its active, so if its not running on any ships at the time, its very unlikly to be causing the problem.

if u can confirm this, t hen i will know the problem with be with the ware manager

which will narrow down where to look for the cause ;)

Roady1976
x4

Post by Roady1976 » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 16:58

I didn't have the Adv Nav software installed on any ship.
So it could well be the ware manager...

But if you are not having any problems.. then it would seem to be a conflict with another script?

For your Reference a list of scripts that i had during the crashing are in my sig (add the EMP + Ware manager + adv nav scripts for this instance)

paz3r
x4

Post by paz3r » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 20:44

Very handy, however I noticed it ignores autojump feature. Is it intentional ?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 26. Jun 09, 20:51

as its for navigation, its for moving the ship rather than jumping.

i will add on option in to allow autojump at some point, possibilty linking it with the advanced jumpdrive

UpNFlames
x3tc

Post by UpNFlames » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 22:25

I have installed the 5 files listed for the Advanced Navigation. The Plugin Manager lists them as active. I can Hot Key the Advanced Nav Manager and the Community Plugin Config. However, there is no Advance Nav Submenu in my Command Console/Navigation Menu. Does ADV NAV software need to be added to a station and purchased by the individual ships?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 22:30

if u have the ware manager installed, then the device should be added to some equipment docks.

you do need the upgrade on the ship to use the commands

UpNFlames
x3tc

Post by UpNFlames » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 23:20

Thanks, I'll check more stations. Haven't found any with the software yet.

UpNFlames
x3tc

Post by UpNFlames » Sat, 18. Jul 09, 23:24

Sorry, one more thing. Should'nt the software show up in the Global Catalogue?

UpNFlames
x3tc

Post by UpNFlames » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 00:12

Can't find any Advanced Navigation Software at any Equipment Docks. Is there a sequence or certain order that the plugins need to be installed?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 19. Jul 09, 00:21

nope, theres no specific order, just make sure the ware manager is installed

and yes, the software should show up.
if its not, its likly u havn't installed EMP, so make sure thats installed properly as well

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Fri, 11. Sep 09, 02:56

Cycrow, not sure how robust you intended advnav.plotpath to be, but it will not find a safe path from Thuruk's Beard to Aladna Hill if Pirates are set to Foe. It's a tough path to find!

Loops forever.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”