[SCRIPT] Advanced Navigation Software V1.20 : 2010/08/10

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

quantum36

Post by quantum36 » Sun, 22. Sep 13, 01:11

This script does not work in x3ap. I bought the ai navigation unit placed it aboard a tern. Specifically went into the ai navigation settings and gave it specific instructions not to go into any war sectors. Issued it to trade. And 2 minutes later it was in Omnicron Lyrae. A minute after that it got killed by a katana. :evil:

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 23. Sep 13, 09:43

did you install the addon scripts as well ?
They have not been adapted to AP properly, but they should work.

also, what trade command did you issue?

morganfour

Post by morganfour » Wed, 20. Nov 13, 20:45

Hi guys,

I'm having some trouble in X3TC with this script, I dont seem to be able to select the Advanced Navigation on other ships that have it installed.

I can open it for the ship I am currently flying but I cannot open it for ships I am not flying but they do have it installed.

Am I doing something really silly here or is this a limitation of the script?

I am trying to blacklist all the Xenon and Kha'ak sectors on all my traders so they dont get blown up every few hours.

Cheers

Brashin
x3ap

Post by Brashin » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 15:55

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, just looking for some assistance.

is there anyway to hotkey the ability to auto dock using the adv nav SW that way I dont have to hit so many buttons to actually access it. I love being able to set a station as a destination to trade and have autopilot use the docking computer automatically but having to go through all the button presses seems a bit much. Just wondering if I am missing something here.

I am running X3 AP and would love to figure this 1 piece out as it bugs the heck out of me, any help would be appreciated.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 17:09

there is no hotkeys for it in the script, but its not too difficult to actually create one.

Brashin
x3ap

Post by Brashin » Thu, 20. Feb 14, 17:12

Hi Cycow, any idea how one would do that for this particular situation?

Again, sorry for what must be stupid questions, Im not very experienced with this kind of stuff, just trying to improve gameplay for myself as this game is great, I always come back to X universe at least once a yr I'd say.

Brashin
x3ap

Post by Brashin » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 00:43

I was looking at the directions here http://cycrow.thexuniverse.us/scripts/h ... index.html

and this seems waaaaay above my level, is there something easy or a step by step guide for the feature I am looking for?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 16:58

the easiest way would be to use the hotkey manager, and attach a hotkey to the correct script.

it will require to you write a script to do this, but it'll be a single line

im not sure which script to attach it to thou, will have to check when im home

Brashin
x3ap

Post by Brashin » Fri, 21. Feb 14, 17:05

Thanks Cycow, I tried to follow your Hotkey mgr and Im sorry to say its way over my head, creating my own script would scare the hell out of me. Any help you can provide above and beyond everything you already have would be much appreciated

Brashin
x3ap

Post by Brashin » Mon, 24. Feb 14, 18:27

Hey Cycow, were you able to make any progress on the above request? I do not mean to be pushy, just eager to try it out.. Really eager :)

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Fri, 19. Sep 14, 07:36

Hey there Cycrow. I have a request/question on how to do this myself if you've moved on and left X3 behind (if anyone else can help it'd be awesome too)

Basically there is one major annoyance I have with this plugin which is, that when combined with advanced jump, it tends to make docking In-Sector... not possible.

Could you update this to include an option that if range < some reasonable number, that in-sector FTL jumps aren't made? Or, if possible tell me what script at the least to hunt for and make the change?
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 23. Sep 14, 12:39

i thought there was a range limit for starting the drive, but it should be easy enough to add one in if not.

i will have to check the script files when i get home as i cant remember exactly where it would be

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Thu, 25. Sep 14, 05:50

That would be awsome Cyrow. It tends to be really really bad when attempting to dock to a Terran station, or one of the HQ stations... basically anything bigger than a solar plant.

Also I'm sure you're aware, but it seems that all of your sites went poof on us. Hopefully everything wasn't completely lost :(
If I seem super-critical lately, it's due to having played X2 and X3, which were awesome games. X:R's release was a hard fail, however there *were* improvements, especially with stations, capitals, and capturing/boarding. X4 right now feels like the best parts of X2/3 and Rebirth all got thrown out the friggin window. I'm honestly hopeful that X4 will turn out awesome, but I'm already hugely disappointed in ES as I have seen them do better and really expect more from them.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 25. Sep 14, 10:20

no nothings lost, as i have everything on my main pc as well.

not sure why the site is down, but im setting up my own site now to put everything on

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Sun, 28. Sep 14, 07:04

YAY your site is back up! Awesome. I know with that surprise webhost issue, you've been busy.

I actually noticed that this question was originally asked in the wrong thread but since I already stuck my foot in my mouth...
Any chance you've found the best place to edit the script so that in-sector jumps are performed to get close, but then once in <x range (or possibly $shipsize - $docksize < $range would be better?) it would just use regular flying to dock?
I'm not too great at figuring out the code, but once I have an idea I can start looking.

Liath
x4

Post by Liath » Tue, 30. Sep 14, 01:48

Oh, and one last question. Does the base Advanced Navigation Software need to be installed for the Overrides one to work? (This would also apply to jumpdrive as well I think?)

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 13. Nov 14, 12:17

Sorry for the delay,

the script you need to edit is the plugin.advjump.ftl.

Then just get the distance between you and the target pos, and return [FALSE] if its too small

NZ-Jaded
x4

Post by NZ-Jaded » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 00:46

Hi,

I'm new to the X Universe, just having discovered X3 AP and loving it!!!

Wondering if this script is still around as the download link is broken and it's not listed on your website or from the available packages section of plugin manager??

I'm specifically looking for a way to use the docking computer automatically.

Many thanks for your other fine work.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 11. Feb 16, 09:55

i've updated the link the first post, so it should work now

darkslimus
x4

Post by darkslimus » Sun, 4. Dec 16, 01:56

Hi cycrow,

is there a way to have a compatible version for AP ? pluginmanager son't want to install it

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”