Increasing X3:TC Font size

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 15:41

ubai wrote:Hello,

I may be doing something wrong. I created a folder called "f" in E:\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict ( I also tried "F") but nothing seems to be changing. I tried the Ubuntu fonts and a few others with no luck. Is there anything else I need to do? I'm running win 10 64 bit.

Thanks!
Matt
It basically should look like this: http://imgur.com/a/haPBV

ubai

Post by ubai » Sat, 19. Aug 17, 21:45

Thanks! I don't have an XRM folder, the path I have is E:\Steam\steamapps\common\x3 terran conflict\F (or f, I have tried both)

-Matt

Flynx
x3tc

Re:

Post by Flynx » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 19:26

BlackArchon wrote:
Fri, 12. Aug 16, 18:40
I brought the Ubuntu font to X3 which fits quite well. You can have a look here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=387201 (it works for all X3:TC/AP versions, not only for LU).
Thank you for this! My last try was "Segoue UI 10 semibold y-3", looks great, but the Ubuntu one is a little bit wider. I´ll keep the Ubuntu :) (made my own Ubuntu Standard 11 y-4)

BlackArchon
xr

Re: Increasing X3:TC Font size

Post by BlackArchon » Fri, 19. Apr 19, 20:44

I'm glad to hear that. :)
Just the small "w" looks a bit weird with the Ubuntu font, it's a bit cropped.

Caitess

Re: Increasing X3:TC Font size

Post by Caitess » Sun, 8. Nov 20, 19:45

excuse me for necroing, but I've tried a lot of types with X3fontmaker and ubuntu regular is very good find indeed, almost no crops, decent readability, a bit too wide for some menus tho.

most sans square'like types will do, especially those with larger x-height, but only till 10pt/regular. few 11pt/10pt+bold too with very little crops.
for a while I've stopped on Overpass bold 10pt/Y:-4, it looks more generic, but even easier to read for ppl with sight issues since its bold.

ppl who would prefer more space style may try Alrdrith 10/y:-2, while ubuntu condensed 11/y:-4 and Teko 13/y:-4 will allow to fit all text entries in tables - all those are heavier for eyes tho.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”