[Script] Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier (LSDC) - v2 19/08/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shenouda

Post by shenouda » Mon, 3. Aug 09, 19:37

Thank you, I will use your new build as soon as u have it ready. Hope it works. Wanna do some overkilling :)

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Tue, 4. Aug 09, 10:28

shenouda wrote:Thank you, I will use your new build as soon as u have it ready. Hope it works. Wanna do some overkilling :)
I'll try and get an update out by the end of this week. I'm away on a course next week so I may not be about unless I take my laptop with me.

LA

Troubleshooter11
x4

Post by Troubleshooter11 » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 03:35

Hello LA, your script works great. Im having lots of fun with my Griffin.

A small request perhaps:

Is there any way i can order drones to "attack shields of my target" rather then the usual attack they do? Im thinking the Griffin would make a great capture ship by using expendable drones to lower the target shields and keep the target busy, then steam in to drop off the jarheads.

Is there any way you could add a function like this?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Aug 09, 08:22

Troubleshooter11 wrote:Hello LA, your script works great. Im having lots of fun with my Griffin.

A small request perhaps:

Is there any way i can order drones to "attack shields of my target" rather then the usual attack they do? Im thinking the Griffin would make a great capture ship by using expendable drones to lower the target shields and keep the target busy, then steam in to drop off the jarheads.

Is there any way you could add a function like this?
Not something I’ve put much though into but a nice idea.

Maybe this is something I could add to the ROE (Ignore, Report, Shields, and Engage). I will have to either to also re-work the drone task.

I’ll have a look, I have a few things on the go and I’m away on a course next week, I’ll see what I can do but it could be after my course.

Thanks for your feedback & input :)

LA

Treelor
x4

Post by Treelor » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 16:54

May I suggest a better host?

filesmelt.com is great for small (>5mb) files like this. No wait time, no weird interface, just click the link and there's a download button for you. It arose out of the glorious little section of the internet we call "Facepunch".

I'm gonna go start a scenario start of me as a griffon pilot and seeing just how well it works a shield-buster ship.

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 8. Aug 09, 17:32

Treelor wrote:May I suggest a better host?

filesmelt.com is great for small (>5mb) files like this. No wait time, no weird interface, just click the link and there's a download button for you. It arose out of the glorious little section of the internet we call "Facepunch".

I'm gonna go start a scenario start of me as a griffon pilot and seeing just how well it works a shield-buster ship.
Cheers Treelor, I'll have a look into it :)

LA

Logain Abler
x4

LSDC Patch 19/08/2009

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 15:00

LSDC patch:

Adds a bailed condition check to deployed Drones, if the target is no longer an enemy the drones will now recover.

Thanks to Apricotslice for spotting the issue on SSDN :)

http://rapidshare.com/files/269111351/p ... e.Task.xml

Copy the file to the scripts folder

LA

hilly32
x3tc

Re: [Script] Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier - (LSDC v1 Beta) 01/08/2009

Post by hilly32 » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 15:07

Logain Abler wrote: :arrow: WIP:
Add a check to all production task to check storage at the end of each cycle. If there's not the required space add a loop which will add the product when space is available. (Done - Testing)

Integrate with FDN. If FDN is installed and a Node is within range the carrier will request any required wares from the Node. (Done - Testing)
If you are looking for assistance with the testing of the FDN integration i'd be glad to help out, this is exactly how I was planning to use my LSDC fleets eventually.

andrew

Logain Abler
x4

Re: [Script] Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier - (LSDC v1 Beta) 01/08/2009

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 15:13

hilly32 wrote:
Logain Abler wrote: :arrow: WIP:
Add a check to all production task to check storage at the end of each cycle. If there's not the required space add a loop which will add the product when space is available. (Done - Testing)

Integrate with FDN. If FDN is installed and a Node is within range the carrier will request any required wares from the Node. (Done - Testing)
If you are looking for assistance with the testing of the FDN integration i'd be glad to help out, this is exactly how I was planning to use my LSDC fleets eventually.

andrew
Have I not uploaded the version of LSDC which produces its own Drones :?:

LA

hilly32
x3tc

Post by hilly32 » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 15:20

Logain Abler wrote: Have I not uploaded the version of LSDC which produces its own Drones :?:
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought it was going to collect ready-made drones from my FDN. But I am reading your desciption properly now.

I haven't tried this, I will try it tonight. I have to say at first glance I couldn't see any production capability, but I wasn't really looking for it either. I suspect you have uploaded the right version. I suspect that I am stupid! :oops:

andrew

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 15:29

hilly32 wrote:
Logain Abler wrote: Have I not uploaded the version of LSDC which produces its own Drones :?:
Ah, I misunderstood. I thought it was going to collect ready-made drones from my FDN. But I am reading your desciption properly now.

I haven't tried this, I will try it tonight. I have to say at first glance I couldn't see any production capability, but I wasn't really looking for it either. I suspect you have uploaded the right version. I suspect that I am stupid! :oops:

andrew
The FDN bit is for the carrier to get the wares needed to produce drones, minds just gone blank to which version is out!

LA

hilly32
x3tc

Post by hilly32 » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 15:46

Logain Abler wrote: The FDN bit is for the carrier to get the wares needed to produce drones, minds just gone blank to which version is out!
Does it have to just be in a sector covered by an FDN or does it have to be in the sector with the node? Can it also get the wares from a relay?

andrew

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 15:49

hilly32 wrote:
Logain Abler wrote: The FDN bit is for the carrier to get the wares needed to produce drones, minds just gone blank to which version is out!
Does it have to just be in a sector covered by an FDN or does it have to be in the sector with the node? Can it also get the wares from a relay?

andrew
Any sector covered by a Node, not just a Node in it.
Relay is there to supply ships with ECells, Missiles & Ammo based on there in ship supply settings.

LA

Logain Abler
x4

LSDC v2 (19/08/2009)

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 16:55

LSDC v2:

LSDC v2 adds Drone production to the C&CC and FDN Integration

See OP for details

LA

hilly32
x3tc

Re: [Script] Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier - (LSDC) v2 19/08/2009

Post by hilly32 » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 17:14

Logain Abler wrote:Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier (LSDC)

Deployment:
The carrier can use 3 modes to deploy Drones:
Normal - Deploy as normal, recovered by teleport
Combat Launch - Used teleport to deploy quickly in close vicinity of the Carrier, recovered by teleport
Target Launch - Uses teleport to deploy quickly in close vicinity of the target, recovered by teleport
I don't know if this changed in V2 but in V1 the three options I could see were carrier, combat and target. My assumption was that the LSDC Combat was equal to Normal above, Carrier was equal to Combat and Target was the same.

andrew

Logain Abler
x4

Re: [Script] Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier - (LSDC) v2 19/08/2009

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 19. Aug 09, 17:26

hilly32 wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:Logain Industries Light Support Drone Carrier (LSDC)

Deployment:
The carrier can use 3 modes to deploy Drones:
Normal - Deploy as normal, recovered by teleport
Combat Launch - Used teleport to deploy quickly in close vicinity of the Carrier, recovered by teleport
Target Launch - Uses teleport to deploy quickly in close vicinity of the target, recovered by teleport
I don't know if this changed in V2 but in V1 the three options I could see were carrier, combat and target. My assumption was that the LSDC Combat was equal to Normal above, Carrier was equal to Combat and Target was the same.

andrew
Still the same in v2.

LA

hilly32
x3tc

Post by hilly32 » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 02:05

So I am happily building drones on my carriers, they'll be xenon killers in no time!

I have a question on build limits though. I have set limits on the capacities for each drone type. If I now transfer completed drones from another factory onto the carrier will it include those drones in its limit?

In other words if I say 'build 60 drones' and then transfer in 40, will it now only build 20 or will it continue to build 60?

andrew

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 10:49

hilly32 wrote:So I am happily building drones on my carriers, they'll be xenon killers in no time!

I have a question on build limits though. I have set limits on the capacities for each drone type. If I now transfer completed drones from another factory onto the carrier will it include those drones in its limit?

In other words if I say 'build 60 drones' and then transfer in 40, will it now only build 20 or will it continue to build 60?

andrew
Hi hilly32,

The production task will pause until space becomes available. You may want to keep an eye on this, if your carrier is full and production is pause, then drones are deployed, you could end up with the production task seeing the free space and completing its build. If you don’t lose any drones in the engagement you may not have the space to recover all the drones.

LA

hilly32
x3tc

Post by hilly32 » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 13:07

Logain Abler wrote:
hilly32 wrote:So I am happily building drones on my carriers, they'll be xenon killers in no time!

andrew
Hi hilly32,

The production task will pause until space becomes available. You may want to keep an eye on this, if your carrier is full and production is pause, then drones are deployed, you could end up with the production task seeing the free space and completing its build. If you don’t lose any drones in the engagement you may not have the space to recover all the drones.

LA
Ah, okay. I think I get it. I just put 3 carriers to work on producing drones so i'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the replies, your mods are great and you are very helpful and patient too!

andrew

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 20. Aug 09, 13:09

hilly32 wrote:
Logain Abler wrote:

andrew
Hi hilly32,

LA
Ah, okay. I think I get it. I just put 3 carriers to work on producing drones so i'll see how it goes.

Thanks for all the replies, your mods are great and you are very helpful and patient too!

andrew
No problem, let me know how you get on.

LA

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”