[SCRIPT] Military Base Response revamp v2.16 [2011-10-27]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 17:18

Finally, a fix worthy of a thread bump

Version 4.05:

Bug Fixes:
* Fixes wings searching for a new carrier idling for a long time before docking
> It may take a while for existing wings to pick up on the new script version

New Features:
* Ships jumping to a sector to defend it will now state that sector as their destination in their info box (this is mostly to help debugging)

From Version 4.04:

Bug Fixes:

* Fixes an issue where MBRR ships would be called on by the vanilla "defend base" scripts, which interferes with the MBRR logic.
> This unfortunately had to be done by overwriting the built in script "!lib.fight.defencebase.start". So if you have a mod that changes that script, you will need to "un-overwrite" it when you install this script. Or bug me for a compatibility patch (I will need a copy of the original script your other mod provided).

MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V4.05-23.07.2018.spk:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gl24m ... N-j5noXa2Q

+JAZZ+
x2

Post by +JAZZ+ » Tue, 24. Jul 18, 07:25

your reworked script does not seem to work correctly with me.

Races not invading sectors, get no subtitle messages or galactic news system messages about invations.
Ships don't get marked by race militaries.
Can join a race at a military outpost, but nothing else happens.
All settings for the script are on standard, i just press install.

Tried the original script and all these things are working, but it's very outdated, especially for AP.

Only other mods are TC plots for AP, official bonus pack and the scripts taged as required in the first post.

Have i missed something or am i doing something wrong?

I would really like to use your script. It is great that someone brings one of my favourite scripts up to date.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Tue, 24. Jul 18, 18:08

1. Looking at it, yeah, it seems I did break invasion calling in my 4.0 scout changes. I'll test out a fix.

2. Ship renaming to mark by race militaries is now an option in the settings under "Military Prestige Scoring". I can't remember if I made it default to on or off (though it sounds like off by default), but if you want that feature, turn it back on.

3.I honestly don't know what is supposed to happen when you join a race at a military outpost. What is supposed to happen that isn't?

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Tue, 24. Jul 18, 22:23

I have the same problem as no invasions occurring. Well Actually a Split general always spawns in the sector Soul star at the start and claims it, but that is off tangent. I am using the LxXRM compilation and adding this last. Even though I am not using any plots, revelation, or phanon scripts, once I install this and reinitialize the scripts or save and load the races get messed up for this too. Argon turns into 1, Terran into 8 and Yaki into unknown in the plugin manager menu for this.

Also using the extended comms on a base allows one to join a faction but you receive 0 prestige points from destroying enemy ships.

I used the old version with XRM and it worked, the invasions and prestige anyway. I'm not very good at this and was wondering what I am missing.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Tue, 24. Jul 18, 23:17

Just to clear up a few things.

The script has two levels of "messing with enemies".
1. Invasions. Invasions is merely "willingness to send ships into enemy territory". It does not mount any specially organized attack beyond sending a collection of ships. No commander, no news items declaring an organized invasion, no attempt to claim the sector for themselves.
2. Sector takeovers. As above, but in addition will send a special task force headed by a commander, and will attempt to take ownership.

I am not finding anything especially broken with only invasions. Are you talking about sector takeover logic being broken?

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Wed, 25. Jul 18, 00:13

Well I think maybe prestige and sector takeover is broken. I don't know what in the LxXRM compilation would be interfering other than the innate rrf. There are blobs of ships fighting in places. I helped the Terrans destroy everything in Circle of Labor. I didn't get any prestige points destroying valid targets so I could call in a general, albeit there was a task force leader already in the system.

I assumed if one race is cleared from sector and command leader/general of other race is present, then that race gains ownership and spawns their stations.

So there is more fighting, albeit no systems change hands for me.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Wed, 25. Jul 18, 00:24

Taking a look at the logic, it appears that sector takeover is working, but the notifications about sector takeovers are broken. So it all happens silently in-game, and unless you have debugging turned on and are looking at the log files, you would probably have no idea that it is happening. I should be able to fix that by tonight.

I haven't touched much with prestige points. I do have some accumulated in my current game. But I will try to see if I can get more points.
As I mentioned, you may have to turn on the ship renaming in the settings to get the "tagging" feature to work. I should probably go ahead make it "smart" and turn it on by default unless it detects the presence of LIFE's ship renaming logic and if it finds it makes off the default. That way it is consistent with old behavior, but will

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Wed, 25. Jul 18, 05:45

Ah hah! I figured out why invasion notifications didn't work. I'll push a fix for that issue in the morning, and will look into prestige point scoring and making a more intelligent default behavior for prestige renaming/marking tomorrow (where instead of being off by default instead of the original's on by default, it will be on by default unless it encounters the conflicting ship renaming logic of LIFE, in which case it will off by default)

+JAZZ+
x2

Post by +JAZZ+ » Wed, 25. Jul 18, 11:25

3.I honestly don't know what is supposed to happen when you join a race at a military outpost. What is supposed to happen that isn't?
I just want to make clear that the script was working ingame. just invations or invation notifications didn't work

Would be great if you can fix that :)

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Wed, 25. Jul 18, 21:27

Version 4.0.6:

Bug fixes:
* Fixed race takeover attempts not showing up in the news or causing notifications
> It should be noted that the race takeovers were occurring, but the notifications for them were broken.
* Added additional logic to ship tagging in the ship-names from prestige scoring to detect an unset value of the "Rename ships" setting (can happen when upgrading from an old version) and will treat that case as the default, On.
* Cleaned up the conditional logic for recon scouts to call for help

Please let me know if there are any other broken features I missed.

MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V4.06-25.07.2018.spk:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HzQsg ... 2VJS-QfFrw

Mountain_Puncher
x3tc

Post by Mountain_Puncher » Thu, 26. Jul 18, 23:30

I turned every faction to hatred towards each other and now I see invasions popping up all the time. I go to a sector and sure enough a general is there battling the owner of the sector's fleet.

Getting prestige points is still hit or miss though for me. If I Start as Argon I get points it seems on any valid target, if I start as Terran I only received points from boron when destroying split. It also appeared that I could only redeem points for credits as well. Maybe the other options to redeem pop up after acquiring the set amount. I am still testing it out.

Oh and do the faction's relations change dynamically or do you just set friend/foe and then factions invade based upon those parameters?

Either way, it is entertaining and I thank you for the significant enhancements to the game you have provided.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Fri, 27. Jul 18, 19:24

@Mountain_Puncher

Odd about the prestige points. I'll take a closer look. At least it isn't totally broken for you. (Actually, TBH, while being totally broken is worse for the user, it is easier to debug as the developer as totally broken is easier to find then inconsistently broken ;))

Yes, I think the other options for using prestige only unlock in certain conditions (not sure what those are at the moment)

And no, the relations do not change dynamically. They are constant (this isn't anything special about this script, this is also something vanilla does not have).

However, if you have relations set to "default", they should track any relation changes other scripts impose.

Version 4.0.7:

Bug fixes:

* Fixes a bug in the recon scout logic that caused them to be less responsive to enemies then they should have been
* Fixes the Xenon scout logic going over a loop of adjacent sectors for a value that is never used, which wastes CPU cycles.

MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V4.07-27.07.2018.spk
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e1xWB ... -Ecs0lZZ0I

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Mon, 30. Jul 18, 19:33

Version 4.0.8:

Bug fixes:
* Fixes an issue where in TC, the script would spam the user to input a number of volleys, even though it was NPCs firing missiles
> It may take a while for all the MBRR NPCs to pick up the new version of the script on their own. You should be able to force it by hitting "Install/Update" in the settings menu.
* Fixes an issue where MBRR ships patrolling through sectors was broken

MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V4.08-30.07.2018.spk:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mK0AK ... qTObDMOfTl
Last edited by TechSY730 on Mon, 30. Jul 18, 19:59, edited 1 time in total.

KruniacZio
x3ap

Post by KruniacZio » Mon, 30. Jul 18, 19:48

TechSY730 wrote:Version 4.0.8:

Bug fixes:
* Fixes an issue where in TC, the script would spam the user to input a number of volleys, even though it was NPCs firing missiles
> It may take a while for all the MBRR NPCs to pick up the new version of the script. You should be able to force it by hitting "Install/Update" in the settings menu.
* Fixes an issue where MBRR ships patrolling through sectors was broken

MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V4.08-30.07.2018.spk:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mK0AK ... qTObDMOfTl
Thank you for the update!

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Sun, 5. Aug 18, 04:46

Version 4.0.9:

Balance changes:
* A few versions ago, I made it so that scouts checked for enemies as soon as they entered a sector. Unfortunately, this made Xenon incursions into commonwealth space excessively frequent, as they would pop in, call an incursion, and then pop out, before the races had a chance to kill the scout (there is a delay between the scout being attacked and the scout calling for help, where if you kill it within that window, then no signal gets out).
> Now Xenon Relay scouts, and only Xenon ones, will only scan for enemies as soon as they enter if they are not in a hostile sector (that is, hostile to Xenon, which is most everyone)

Bug fixes:
* Fixed an issue where mosquito missile defense logic was not properly gated by the installation of the missile defense script (from the bonus pack or downloaded directly)
* Fixed an issue where, when retreating, ships would jump to their military base home sector, and then emergency jump again because of the stale "under attack" signal
* Fixes an issue where recon and relay scouts scanned enemies from furthest then inward instead of closest then outward.

MilitaryBaseResponseRevamp-V4.09-04.08.2018.spk:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bkRwI ... 3-2uYVXhNk

+JAZZ+
x2

Post by +JAZZ+ » Wed, 8. Aug 18, 19:11

The option to disable invations on pirate sectors doesn't seem to work.
Got them disabled but get constantly invations in these sectors.

Could you fix that?
Pirates got no chance when every race attacking them.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Sun, 12. Aug 18, 00:46

Are you talking about Pirate sectors getting taken over, or sending ships into pirate sectors at all?

For the former, that seems to be working.

The latter is kind of weird. There is nothing in place to stop them from sending ships into pirate sectors. Instead, they will not pursue targets while in pirate sectors (unless they get attacked first).

I can update this so they are less willing to send ships into pirate sectors to begin with if it is disabled.

+JAZZ+
x2

Post by +JAZZ+ » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 11:53

Are you talking about Pirate sectors getting taken over, or sending ships into pirate sectors at all?
sending ships to pirate sectors.
I can update this so they are less willing to send ships into pirate sectors to begin with if it is disabled.
That would be great. As is said the most pirate sectors getting overrun by race military.
Is it possible to make the same option for xenon sectors too?
I experienced the same thing in theses sectors.
I see one fleet of every race in one xenon sector.
They got no chance.

TechSY730
x3ap

Post by TechSY730 » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 19:16

I've got a change in the works to make it that ships and scouts won't call into pirate sectors (stations that happen to be in pirate sectors will still call for help) EDIT: only if you have disabled pirate invasions for that race.

I could certainly add a new option for Xenon sectors too, but it wouldn't be a simple thing (like it wouldn't be this version I am about to release).

But if you enable MBRR for Xenon sectors (the setting for that is in "Artificial Life Settings" under "Gameplay Settings", NOT in the main settings due to limitations of how AL works), and bump up the Xenon token multiplier (this one is in the main MBRR settings) from the default of 2x to 3x, I have found that the Xenon can hold off the assaults from the other races and have enough left over to send some assaults out of their own.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 16:57

Hey folks, I've picked up X3TC again for the first time in a very long time, and when shopping for a solution for galaxy-wide warfare, I decided I'd give MBRR a try. I just wanted to pop in and say that yall have done a fantastic job with this mod. It's quite stable, the balance of power seems at least approximately fair, and the borders are shifting juuuust quick enough to keep me on my toes but not so fast as to just be chaos. :thumb_up: Keep up the good work!
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”