[MOD] PSCO1's CockpitMod v1.33 for X3TC v3.1 (update: 13.09.2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 17:22

outtaspace wrote:I've token the TShips file from the bonus pack of X3AP ( now are 404 ships instead of 401! :) )
The bonus package is a collection of scripts. It doesn't contain a TShips file. :gruebel:
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

outtaspace
x3

Post by outtaspace » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 11:01

In the addon folder there is the 03 cat or the 04.cat ( I don't remember well...!) that contain a Tships file...!
I think that is the most update 'cause the ships are 404 ( or 403, I don't remember...!) :)

Maybe is not from the bonus pack but from the last version, anyway I've token it and used it!

But without PSCO1 I couldn't do it...! :)
ATS RULEZ
_________________ _ _ _ >>>

BrianPaone
x3ap

Issue w/ Shady Business plot (SOLVED!)

Post by BrianPaone » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 17:51

UPDATE: Wheeeeeeee I fixed it! So I loaded swefan's cockpit mod just to see if it would work with the mess below, and it did! The difference? This mod uses its own TShips file, whereas the other did not! The TShips version in this mod lacks an entry for the Acinonyx Prototype, so as soon as that ship was loaded into the game, BOOM, game would poop itself and go to sleep! Copying over the game's original TShips mod from 03.cat in the x3AP folder to the cockpit mod's .cat fixed everything.

Unfortunately, I also fixed the war garbage flipping sector control every time I left, but still kept a bit of the war going on, so I'm still going to restart anyway. But yeah, tl;dr = this mod's TShips.pck file lacks an entry for the Acinonyx Prototype, so add it or your game goes pbbbbblt.

Hi! Love the cockpit mod - I'm glad you made it since I just can't get into a flight sim that lacks cockpits! But there's a problem I encountered. This mod seems to break the Shady Business plotline. Here's what I ran into:

* SB proceeded along just fine until I got to the part where
Spoiler
Show
I am to pick up the Prototype testbed ship at Family Pride, just before the section of the plot that puts the player in the Xenon Graveyard
. At this point, instead of the target vessel there was only a "Mammoth" docked that one could not see on the Ships Landed manifest.

* Disabling the cockpit mod advanced the plot, but at the cost of the mod itself - attempting to re-activate the mod, even if I've switched ships to one that I know for certain has a properly-functioning cockpit, crashes the game with the following error output:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: X3AP.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 5194da7b
Fault Module Name: X3AP.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5194da7b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003a7fb
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

* Reloading a save file from BEFORE one
Spoiler
Show
speaks with the Split who's souping up the testbed vessel
doesn't seem to be affected. It only seems to be AFTER
Spoiler
Show
the testbed vessel makes its first appearance at the Family Pride shipyard
that the issue occurs.

* The game and plot seem to both work normally provided the cockpit mod is disabled... but that just flat-out SUCKS. I must have a cockpit. The mod doesn't have to be removed, just disabled to continue.

Things I have not yet tried:

* Deleting/reinstalling X3AP (EDIT: Tried, did not fix the issue)
* Finishing the Shady Business plot without the cockpit mod active (EDIT: Did not bother - the only reason I was doing SB was for the end outcome, and I found a script that can accomplish this - just gonna start over)
I tried signing this but now there's just a bunch of ink on my screen. Who do I sue to correct this?

DeadlyJames
x4

Post by DeadlyJames » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 09:30

I got the cockpit and love it but I got the XRM and installed it then picked up a Blast-claw Prototype and it does not show the ship cockpit or anything it is a bit annoying can anyone help.
Never trust the Borons

johnhirix
x4

how to use it in steam?

Post by johnhirix » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 17:35

Hey guys I'm trying to install this mod by putting it in the X3TC directory, but when I start the game the "Select Mod Package" button is grey.

I'm using the steam version of X3AP, anyone knows how to make it work?

Thanks in advance! :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 17:45

If you're using X3AP, files must be installed to the "addon" folder which is located in the X3 Terran Conflict Steam directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

johnhirix
x4

Post by johnhirix » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 19:14

X2-Illuminatus wrote:If you're using X3AP, files must be installed to the "addon" folder which is located in the X3 Terran Conflict Steam directory.
Many Thanks! Now it works properly:)

Flic
x3

Post by Flic » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 15:01

I'm having trouble getting this to work. Am I right in thinking that I'll need to wait until it has been updated for 3.2?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. I initially put the files in /mods and then saw that for AP I should be putting them in /addons but I didn't realise it should be /addons/mods. All fixed.

Aryel Alcantara
xr

Cockpit texture bug

Post by Aryel Alcantara » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 05:04

Several ships are bugged in the numerical display of shield and hull

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 22:32

not realy a bug, its best to disable the numerical hull and shield values and just use the bar indicators instead.

Lymark
x4

Post by Lymark » Thu, 10. May 18, 22:32

New player here with a question: I installed the mod with Plugin Manager and played just fine. However, my game crashes upon loading the game save after uninstalling the mod via the plugin manager. And I cannot play my save unless I use this mod now.

Any help?

:)

davidself1001

Re: [MOD] PSCO1's CockpitMod v1.33 for X3TC v3.1 (update: 13.09.2014)

Post by davidself1001 » Mon, 29. Oct 18, 17:57

Loaded the mod and tried to go back to original (using plugin manager) but when i go back to original i am seeing a partial image of the new cockpit instead of the original. Also, for some reason since i installed the mod my lasers won't fire anymore.

Castor

Post by Castor » Thu, 25. Jul 19, 03:19

On all cockpits, the original HUD elements can still be controlled if you hover your cursor over their original positions - for instance, the throttle gauge can still be used with a little guesswork. While hovering over it, you can see what its current setting is and even issue new settings that way by just clicking as you would in the vanilla game.

Some cockpits (namely Xenon) feature near-totally absent control HUDs (bar the above method of alternative control), and since the original HUD is hidden with this mod, it makes it difficult to fly these ships. You can't manage your flight speed quickly or efficiently without setting it to minimum or maximum, and the only way to see your target is to open up a monitor - this is justifiably irritating if you're dogfighting numerous fighters.

I've also found that at least one ship has no cockpit overlay at all (Terran Maccana), and while that doesn't render it unusable, it also means that you are stuck using the vanilla set up sans important heads-up display items.

I notice one of the much earlier comments on this mod suggested removing some HUD elements entirely as that particular user saw no point in having original HUD elements mixed with the model HUD elements, but as I've described, in practice this has been detrimental to some models. A better way to go with that suggestion would have been to provide an option somewhere along the lines - with or without original HUD elements, rather than one or the other.

I understand that this mod is unlikely to get any further updates, so this is more forewarning for new potential users. Otherwise, it does what it says on the tin. More immersive cockpits albeit degrading the overall usability of the game's in-flight UI here and there.

Typharius

Post by Typharius » Thu, 23. Apr 20, 12:40

Did anyone notice/change the fact that the X3TC - No glass mod actually still has the glass? I really want to use this mod but that blue filter is horrible.

Graxx Katarn
x4

New modder needs help - crashing

Post by Graxx Katarn » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 07:06

Hello there! I am brand new to modding any of the x-series of games. I wanted to try out some of the cockpit mods just as a sort of 'dip my toes in' type experience with this whole thing. I made a 'mods' folder in the 'addon' folder and installed the PSCO1 cockpit mod. I put both the .dat and .cat file in the mods folder, and tried to launch the game, only for it to immediately crash as soon as I clicked 'launch'. Any help?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 13. Sep 20, 14:00

**Merged with mod thread**

Have you selected the mod in the X3AP launcher before starting the game?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”