[MOD] PSCO1's CockpitMod v1.33 for X3TC v3.1 (update: 13.09.2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 00:20

i found very, very big mistake of this mods.
see cockpits for TC.

that inside file time stamp are very old and it's not v1.33!!
PSCO1, you contain wrong file!
Steam Greenlight: Greenlight Spaaace! Bundle (Greenlight Archives)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93012592

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sat, 14. Mar 15, 13:23

ok, i made unofficial fix.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/vzidh ... cialfix.7z

and i found Terran Yokohama didn't have cockpits.
also fix for AP.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hoqn0 ... cialfix.7z
Steam Greenlight: Greenlight Spaaace! Bundle (Greenlight Archives)
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... d=93012592

Cirrus CZ
x3

Post by Cirrus CZ » Fri, 27. Mar 15, 11:53

Hi PSCO1,

first of all, thank you for a great mod, it gives the game great aspect.

May I ask about something... I've installed initially v1.33 with a glass but I didn't like the reflections and how it changes a colour of surrounding space background. So I installed also noGlass mod, I selected this mod in the startup menu but reflections were still present. So I deleted "glass mod" .dat and .cat files and tried original unmoded way and then switching to noGlass mod but it still shows reflections... any idea what shall I do?

Thank you.

Cirrus
:: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ (@3GHz) Windsor AM2, AC Freezer 64 Pro, 2x1GB + 2x512MB DDR2 667MHz A-Data, Asus M2R32-MVP PCI-E, Gigabyte Radeon HD4850 512MB GDDR3 + Accelero S1, 2x250GB Western Digital SataII 16MB, Xilence Power 600W ::

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Sun, 5. Jul 15, 17:01

I don't know if this is necroposting, but anyway, the mod doesn't work well with Xtended 2.2 . Some cockpits are missing (Harrier and Tenjin AFAIK) others (Argon and Split small ships) are generic. Terran and Xenon small ships are ok however.
I hope you will make a compatibility version for this :)

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 08:17

Hi Arkblade, sorry for the long reply delay,

but yes, for any reason, the last version is not good, I will check your version, I am a bit confusing with all my files on my computer ! and its not the first time I do this mistake ...

I usualy work first on my personnal cat/dat mod before merging files for the CPmod "Vanilla" version, thats probably the reason...

"Good" files for the last version are still in my computer, The "bad" version still have the old "V" folder (with numbered bods) instead of new "PSCO1" folder, also all the scene files are wrong...

Thx for your feedback Arkblade !

@Cirrus CZ
Hi, mmm.. If I remember, there is no "noGlass" version available in this topic, maybe you have download this version somewhere else ?

Do you have extracted textures files in your X3TC folder ? if true, the bob material can still find your glass textures... you have probably another textures folder somewhere in your folders, check the opening post for seaching the right jpg glass textures numbers and rename them like that "__1005.jpg"

@Milite Ignoto
Hi,
No of course, the cpmod dont work with Xtended 2.2, because the TShips.txt files are not merged.
Too lazy to merge XTended 2.2 sorry ... and it will be the same for 2.3 and 2.4 etc etc ... It a long and boring work seriously, 300 or 400 ships lines to check, Its not very funny...
You can do this bad work yourself by following my OP tuto "How to merge cpmod"
You are free to do your own merging and release your merged version
If you have problems, you can PM me or post here for any questions about your merging work

EDIT:
@Arkblade:
it's ok, you have the "good" version files
I work on Boron cockpits, if I do something good about that, I will re-upload new good version
thx again !

Milite Ignoto
x3tc

Post by Milite Ignoto » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 21:36

Thanks for the reply, is good to hear you :) well, I merged the files, and I'm testing now. So far so good...however, there seems to be a problem with the turrets of some capital ships (mostly M7) that don't shoot, but probably is related to the Xtended version of Cadius ships mod. (yeah, I'm trying to merge everything together! :D )

zhukov032186
x3tc

Post by zhukov032186 » Mon, 7. Sep 15, 22:48

PSCO1 wrote:but yes, for any reason, the last version is not good, I will check your version, I am a bit confusing with all my files on my computer ! and its not the first time I do this mistake ...

I usualy work first on my personnal cat/dat mod before merging files for the CPmod "Vanilla" version, thats probably the reason...

"Good" files for the last version are still in my computer, The "bad" version still have the old "V" folder (with numbered bods) instead of new "PSCO1" folder, also all the scene files are wrong...
So are these files listed here no good then? Or were they fixed? I was wanting to use the XRM files as the ones on the XRM OP are not-available + out of date.

Bishop Weyland
x3ap

Post by Bishop Weyland » Fri, 18. Sep 15, 18:47

Hi PSCO1

I want to run run your mod with these one here : http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

But the Cockpitts don't show ingame (with XRM and xtendet it worked)

I think the Commponents.pck is the Problem:
Current : SCTYPE_COCKPITT; 139

What I have to write in the Components.that I can get the Cockpitts to work ?

sry for my English^^
Weyland Yutani Corp.

Building better Worlds

-outtaspace

Post by -outtaspace » Mon, 16. Nov 15, 15:53

Hi PSCO1

I play always X3 with you cp!

Just a question, now I'm playing it with yhe unofficial fix of Arkblade ( Hi Arkblade!), a question for both,
I like a lot the full cockpit e no glass effect, there is a way to have another version with the full cockpit and without glass effect!? In the version of Arkblade there are them...

If no which files should I have to erase to take off the glass effect on the cat data?

And, which ships does have the lite cokpit? I can overwrite them with the full cockpit ship, can You tell me? Thx!
ATS RULEZ

outtaspace
x3

Post by outtaspace » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 17:14

Hi PSCO1 !

I've used Your mod to advantage it!

I've token the TShips file from the bonus pack of X3AP ( now are 404 ships instead of 401! :) )

I've changed the Lite cockpit for the argon with the full cockpit and for the boron, just for the moment, we all are waiting for You!, I've token the Lite cockpit from the Argon and I've put in the Boron ships! :)

Now all M3 should have cockpit, forn now, we w8 for You!

Over, i have choose the no glass effect, I prefer, Let me know if You like and If it run well!

Link is below

http://dropcanvas.com/dig05

Tjank You of all!

http://dropcanvas.com/dig05
ATS RULEZ
_________________ _ _ _ >>>

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 23. Nov 15, 17:22

outtaspace wrote:I've token the TShips file from the bonus pack of X3AP ( now are 404 ships instead of 401! :) )
The bonus package is a collection of scripts. It doesn't contain a TShips file. :gruebel:
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

outtaspace
x3

Post by outtaspace » Tue, 24. Nov 15, 11:01

In the addon folder there is the 03 cat or the 04.cat ( I don't remember well...!) that contain a Tships file...!
I think that is the most update 'cause the ships are 404 ( or 403, I don't remember...!) :)

Maybe is not from the bonus pack but from the last version, anyway I've token it and used it!

But without PSCO1 I couldn't do it...! :)
ATS RULEZ
_________________ _ _ _ >>>

BrianPaone
x3ap

Issue w/ Shady Business plot (SOLVED!)

Post by BrianPaone » Sun, 10. Jan 16, 17:51

UPDATE: Wheeeeeeee I fixed it! So I loaded swefan's cockpit mod just to see if it would work with the mess below, and it did! The difference? This mod uses its own TShips file, whereas the other did not! The TShips version in this mod lacks an entry for the Acinonyx Prototype, so as soon as that ship was loaded into the game, BOOM, game would poop itself and go to sleep! Copying over the game's original TShips mod from 03.cat in the x3AP folder to the cockpit mod's .cat fixed everything.

Unfortunately, I also fixed the war garbage flipping sector control every time I left, but still kept a bit of the war going on, so I'm still going to restart anyway. But yeah, tl;dr = this mod's TShips.pck file lacks an entry for the Acinonyx Prototype, so add it or your game goes pbbbbblt.

Hi! Love the cockpit mod - I'm glad you made it since I just can't get into a flight sim that lacks cockpits! But there's a problem I encountered. This mod seems to break the Shady Business plotline. Here's what I ran into:

* SB proceeded along just fine until I got to the part where
Spoiler
Show
I am to pick up the Prototype testbed ship at Family Pride, just before the section of the plot that puts the player in the Xenon Graveyard
. At this point, instead of the target vessel there was only a "Mammoth" docked that one could not see on the Ships Landed manifest.

* Disabling the cockpit mod advanced the plot, but at the cost of the mod itself - attempting to re-activate the mod, even if I've switched ships to one that I know for certain has a properly-functioning cockpit, crashes the game with the following error output:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: X3AP.exe
Application Version: 3.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 5194da7b
Fault Module Name: X3AP.exe
Fault Module Version: 3.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5194da7b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0003a7fb
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

* Reloading a save file from BEFORE one
Spoiler
Show
speaks with the Split who's souping up the testbed vessel
doesn't seem to be affected. It only seems to be AFTER
Spoiler
Show
the testbed vessel makes its first appearance at the Family Pride shipyard
that the issue occurs.

* The game and plot seem to both work normally provided the cockpit mod is disabled... but that just flat-out SUCKS. I must have a cockpit. The mod doesn't have to be removed, just disabled to continue.

Things I have not yet tried:

* Deleting/reinstalling X3AP (EDIT: Tried, did not fix the issue)
* Finishing the Shady Business plot without the cockpit mod active (EDIT: Did not bother - the only reason I was doing SB was for the end outcome, and I found a script that can accomplish this - just gonna start over)
I tried signing this but now there's just a bunch of ink on my screen. Who do I sue to correct this?

DeadlyJames
x4

Post by DeadlyJames » Sat, 8. Oct 16, 09:30

I got the cockpit and love it but I got the XRM and installed it then picked up a Blast-claw Prototype and it does not show the ship cockpit or anything it is a bit annoying can anyone help.
Never trust the Borons

johnhirix
x4

how to use it in steam?

Post by johnhirix » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 17:35

Hey guys I'm trying to install this mod by putting it in the X3TC directory, but when I start the game the "Select Mod Package" button is grey.

I'm using the steam version of X3AP, anyone knows how to make it work?

Thanks in advance! :)

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 17:45

If you're using X3AP, files must be installed to the "addon" folder which is located in the X3 Terran Conflict Steam directory.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

johnhirix
x4

Post by johnhirix » Tue, 6. Dec 16, 19:14

X2-Illuminatus wrote:If you're using X3AP, files must be installed to the "addon" folder which is located in the X3 Terran Conflict Steam directory.
Many Thanks! Now it works properly:)

Flic
x3

Post by Flic » Thu, 8. Jun 17, 15:01

I'm having trouble getting this to work. Am I right in thinking that I'll need to wait until it has been updated for 3.2?

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out. I initially put the files in /mods and then saw that for AP I should be putting them in /addons but I didn't realise it should be /addons/mods. All fixed.

Aryel Alcantara
xr

Cockpit texture bug

Post by Aryel Alcantara » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 05:04

Several ships are bugged in the numerical display of shield and hull

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 22:32

not realy a bug, its best to disable the numerical hull and shield values and just use the bar indicators instead.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”