[MOD] PSCO1's CockpitMod v1.33 for X3TC v3.1 (update: 13.09.2014)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

mmixi
x4

Post by mmixi » Fri, 17. Jan 14, 20:37

Hello,

I have a problem with this cockpit mod. I'm using this newest 1.32 version with the latest game update (X3AP 3.1). I bought a Split Pteranodon M2 ship and found an issue that the ship is unbable to shoot...
I tried a lot of things and found that the cockpit mod causing this problem... Do anyone know a way to fix this or another cockpit mod which is compatible with this version?

I'm searching for answers for 5 hours and didn't find any.

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Fri, 28. Feb 14, 23:50

Hello everybody

Long time I've stopped to play X3TC but I decided to replay at this game
By checking my files on the cockpit mod, I realized how It was hard to find 3d files for each cp scene so I began to rename all those files

Also I will swap positions of the "own ship speed" and "target speed" (generaly, own ship infos are on LEFT side and target infos are on RIGHT side thats just why simply)

I am checking for missing textures, bad polys, etc.. for each cp

For the moment here the list of the next update:

-renamed all 3d files

-"argon_m1_cp_scene" : new huds and better polys for the bob
-"argon_m2_cp_scene" : new huds and better polys for the bob
-"argon_m3eclipse_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, HUD fixed
-"argon_m3_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed
-"argon_m4busterID_cp_scene" : the "ID" tag mean "Target ID" displayed on top of the radar screen (the idea is to add this feature for ADVANCED, VANGUARD M4's)
-"argon_m4buster_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles HUD better UVWmap
-"argon_m4elite_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles HUD better UVWmap
-"argon_m4eurus_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles and weapons HUDs better UVWmap
-"argon_m5ID_cp_scene" : same for argon M4's ID
-"argon_m5_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles and weapons HUDs better UVWmap
-"argon_tl_cp_scene" : new huds
-"argon_m6_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles and weapons HUDs better UVWmap
-"argon_m7_cp_scene" : inverted target and own ship speed, missiles and weapons HUDs better UVWmap, new 3d, new huds
-"argon_m8_cp_scene" : missiles HUD better UVWmap
-"argon_tp_cp_scene" : new 3d, better polys, new huds
-"argon_ts_cp_scene" : new 3d, better polys, new huds

-"khaak_m4_cp_scene" : new 3d, new huds
http://i61.tinypic.com/11biuef.jpg
-"khaak_m6_cp_scene" : new 3d, new huds
http://i62.tinypic.com/2emjv2x.jpg

-Boron cp's scenes fixed
-Astronaut cp fixed
-Paranid cp's fixed
-Split cp's fixed, missed textures fixed, better UVWmap

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}
Last edited by PSCO1 on Mon, 3. Mar 14, 20:09, edited 2 times in total.

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Sat, 1. Mar 14, 04:16

Good news. I've used your mod for years.

narn
x3

Post by narn » Sat, 1. Mar 14, 04:51

This is an awesome mod. I support this 100%.

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Mon, 3. Mar 14, 14:06

Any chance you will be updating your version for XRM?

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Mon, 3. Mar 14, 15:56

@Reaves_42

Initialy my cp_mod is created exclusively for the Vanilla X3TC, it mean cp scenes positions for each vanilla ships are setted for those ships

About XRM, I've never played with it, (I play with my own mod (NMCE)), and it seems to contains a lot of additionnal ships, it mean the chances of graphics bugs is high and I don't want to work 1 year to fix them, I think you can understand this :)

I will merge XRM with my cpmod by the TShips way (the quick and easy way), but I warn you again, the graphics results should be bad !

Actually I think about making fighters Boron cp's and a redone of fighters Terran cp's, eventually M6 cp's so I'am not very interrested to work on XRM for the moment. I hope you will understand :) btw THX to all community for your support again :)

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Tue, 4. Mar 14, 03:19

PSCO1 wrote:
About XRM, I've never played with it, (I play with my own mod (NMCE)), and it seems to contains a lot of additionnal ships, it mean the chances of graphics bugs is high and I don't want to work 1 year to fix them, I think you can understand this :)

)
I understand completely!

I recently just started using XRM and noticed that the listed CP mod of yours is older and a bit out dated (Buster CP lacks detail) while your current one does not display cockpits for all ships.

I'll check out NMCE as I'm about to do a restart anyway.

Edit - Looks like that's for TC. I'm actually using AP as I got myself an Oculus dev Kit and you need TrackIR support for it to work.

If you can do an easy merge that may work well enough. I assume that's what the current recommended XRM CP mod of yours was?

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Tue, 4. Mar 14, 14:02

If you can do an easy merge that may work well enough. I assume that's what the current recommended XRM CP mod of yours was?
Yes, you right, it was the same way to merge quickly 2 mods, but this way to work is very bad for me because I spend a lot of time of adjust cp_scenes positions and XRM files skip this part of this work sadly :(
The huds displays should be "bugged" too, thats my first feelings about possible bugs, others types of bugs should appear by merging those 2 mods

I know XRM is an awesome mod for a lot of gamers, Ill finish my update and Ill check XRM files

narn
x3

Post by narn » Thu, 6. Mar 14, 00:53

I just want you to clarify if you intend on making this a stand alone patch for X3-TC. I hope so. I would really like a stand alone patch for X3-TC. Having more mods for other things like eXtended is cool but some people don’t like some of the features of mods and just want some simple changes to the game.

Reaves_42
x4

Post by Reaves_42 » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 02:56

narn wrote:I just want you to clarify if you intend on making this a stand alone patch for X3-TC. I hope so. I would really like a stand alone patch for X3-TC. Having more mods for other things like eXtended is cool but some people don’t like some of the features of mods and just want some simple changes to the game.
The links on the first page are stand alone and work well on vanilla X3 TC or AP.

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 17:34

@narn

It's not a patch what Im making, it's a new cat/dat version :)

I ll release :
-for the last X3TC Vanilla version
-for XRM users version
-for Xtended version

I work on the M3 Terran cockpit at the moment, new huds and others things

narn
x3

Post by narn » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 17:40

PSCO1 wrote:@narn

It's not a patch what Im making, it's a new cat/dat version :)

I ll release :
-for the last X3TC Vanilla version
-for XRM users version
-for Xtended version

I work on the M3 Terran cockpit at the moment, new huds and others things
Thanks for the quick reply. That sounds awesome. I know it modifies the cat/dat as I have done some cat/dat modding myself to make the xenon ships more on par with the rest of the X-universe ships. Which is why I wanted to know. I also wanted to know because I know that modifying the cat/date data changes ship stats and I wanted to make sure I got the most up to date patch that will not affect any of the prior updates from egosoft. Anyways I cant wait to have it.

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Sat, 8. Mar 14, 18:23

I keep Vanilla or others mods files as possible

I know the lastest version TShips.pck have been "reloaded" on the Vanilla X3TC cat/dat patch but I don't know what is moddified exactly

I will keep this new TShips, like it is, as usual, nothing about ships stats is modified or others weapons/turrets slots, just cp_scenes change

I will try to keep the installation easy as possible :)

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 15:05

I think Terran M3 is finished
I hope you will like :)
http://i59.tinypic.com/2hd1o2b.jpg

Light transparency for the hud, I think it's enough clear to aim
all textures have been reworked (specular/glossiness)

narn
x3

Post by narn » Sun, 9. Mar 14, 21:40

I like it but I have a few suggestions. The little red dots by the pilots feet are a little too bright and distracting. I would make them much greyer. The Two HUDs to the left and right are a little bulky. The green and blue indicator bars are also a little big. The rest of it is awesome though particularly the targeting window. Keep up the good work. :)

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 13:25

Mmm... about the red dots, I keep this
The 2 huds on both sides are very hard to apply texture but i will try to work on it
The hull and shield bars are complex to adjust but yes its a bit large

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 13:50

http://i58.tinypic.com/ih2i5k.jpg

I think it's better, Ill keep this hud for others terran cp's

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Mon, 10. Mar 14, 21:27

PSCO1
x4

Post by PSCO1 » Tue, 11. Mar 14, 19:53

Eriodas

Post by Eriodas » Wed, 12. Mar 14, 04:09

I know it's a bit late but Welcome Back!, you are one of the Legends of X3 by now since almost every mayor mod uses your cockpits..

But i really wanted to see some different green textures for the boron ships, since they seem to be flying argon ships from the inside. Only complain i have (yep, i mostly use boron ships, that's another reason to hate rebirth). Love your work, big fan.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”