[MOD/Script] LI Production Modules (PM) - v7.2 29/08/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 08:48

Step 1 – Read the OP
Step 2 – Read the OP again.
Step 3 – Read the FAQ

@ garry34 - Why are you using LIUM?, version 7 and above use the Community Plugin Manager, see step 1 & 2.

You don’t need to start a new game to change the Module settings; they are stored in the AL plug-in settings array. Just stop the plug-in. then re-start the plug-in after changing the values.

Or do it in-game by directly updating the array using PropMongler (search the forum for it).

LA

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 10:37

sorry I was unplugged for a bit, i didnt realise we werent using that anymore, well I've already started a new game, I'll just keep the ball rolling on that...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 11:10

Is this version is 3.0 compactibile (OP say it's only 2.5) ??

garrry34
x3tc

Post by garrry34 » Thu, 9. Dec 10, 11:11

I'm using it with 3.0, so you are good to go...
PhenomII X4 940 black edition
8GB DDR2
ATI HD4890
Windows 7 64bit

Stacy

Post by Stacy » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 02:54

Logain Abler wrote:Step 1 – Read the OP
Step 2 – Read the OP again.
Step 3 – Read the FAQ

@ garry34 - Why are you using LIUM?, version 7 and above use the Community Plugin Manager, see step 1 & 2.

You don’t need to start a new game to change the Module settings; they are stored in the AL plug-in settings array. Just stop the plug-in. then re-start the plug-in after changing the values.

Or do it in-game by directly updating the array using PropMongler (search the forum for it).

LA
Problem with that is it removes all blueprints and what not
(\__/)
(O.o )
(> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Fri, 10. Dec 10, 23:12

Hi, I have a problem : My Elephant can reverse engineer any ship which is docked inside but it tells me that there are no stations inside even if there is one. I tried in a dock of mine and I can reverse engineer a station.
Can you help please ?

Thanks in advance.
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 11. Dec 10, 15:44

Ikaruga wrote:Hi, I have a problem : My Elephant can reverse engineer any ship which is docked inside but it tells me that there are no stations inside even if there is one. I tried in a dock of mine and I can reverse engineer a station.
Can you help please ?

Thanks in advance.
Works fine for me.

Salvage station on TL:
[ external image ]

Created Station & Ware blueprints:
[ external image ]

LA

Ikaruga
x4

Post by Ikaruga » Sun, 12. Dec 10, 22:53

I tried with an Hercules and a Mammoth and it worked perfectly...
But it still doesn't work with the Elephant. Maybe because it has the smallest cargobay. (34.000 vs 40.000 for the Hercules)

Thanks anyway.
If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Mon, 13. Dec 10, 09:12

Ikaruga wrote:I tried with an Hercules and a Mammoth and it worked perfectly...
But it still doesn't work with the Elephant. Maybe because it has the smallest cargobay. (34.000 vs 40.000 for the Hercules)

Thanks anyway.
I'll test with the Elephant after work and get dack to you. In this case bigger does = better.

LA

Ragemaster9999
x4

Post by Ragemaster9999 » Fri, 17. Dec 10, 22:33

Logain, im trying to get the production module added for my mobile pirate base hauler (pirate TL) and it tells me I do not own any capable ships.

Im also looking in the PM options config menu from the community plugin
manager and can see the option for adding/enabling various dockable stations to PM but no option to enable or disable TL or M1 class ships.

Am i missing something in the options, or is the pirate TL hauler exempt? Pirate is not listed in default race listed so maybe their TL is excluded?

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Sat, 18. Dec 10, 10:31

Ragemaster9999 wrote:Logain, im trying to get the production module added for my mobile pirate base hauler (pirate TL) and it tells me I do not own any capable ships.

Im also looking in the PM options config menu from the community plugin
manager and can see the option for adding/enabling various dockable stations to PM but no option to enable or disable TL or M1 class ships.

Am i missing something in the options, or is the pirate TL hauler exempt? Pirate is not listed in default race listed so maybe their TL is excluded?
Once the TL has Supply Command Software installed it will be listed.

Goncyn
x4

Post by Goncyn » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 17:47

So, I have been working on wrapping my head around this mod and production chains in general. I like the concept a lot. In an old game, I attempted to go the traditional complex route, but I was extremely frustrated with the tedium of placing and connecting stations neatly, not to mention the logistics of buying all the stations required to get a decent amount of industry going. This seems better.

I got my first medium PM dock built and started experimenting with the menus. I've figured out that I'm going to need some traditional ore and silicon mines (and I can probably use FDN somehow to automate the resource transfers). What's still a little hard to figure is how to get the chains set up so the PM is "closed loop." I can do all the math, but I'm not sure what kind of scale I'll need to produce enough materials to close the loop and still have some left over for building the good stuff: ships and guns.

Can some of you guys who use this mod talk a little about how you get started setting up a production chain? Even just posting a screenshot of your PM overview screen would be really helpful. I just need some examples of what people are doing with it to get some ideas rolling in my head.

Thanks for this nifty piece of software, Logain.

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 17:53

It is quite simple actually. First turn off selling of anything that you do not want sold. That is an important factor. After that it is simple...

You are correct that you will need FDN (adv sats also) and some real mines for Ore and Silicon but the rest is simple. Just transfer over a single station of each type that you need for a complex and reverse engineer it at the PM. Once it is done you just do the math and make sure that you have the right amount of each station (plus external mines) to produce enough of everything. That is it. It saves you a lot of money. Plus you can also produce the stations as well right in your PM and load it into a TL to deploy somewhere else. I am pretty sure that you can even make your own PMs and FDNs.

I hope that is helpful and clear to you. If not I can try to rework it a bit.

I also never got too advanced with it either but I know that you can do some really great things in terms of controlling sales of items.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
256 gd boot ssd and 1 tb data ssd
Windows 10

Goncyn
x4

Post by Goncyn » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 18:14

What do you mean, "turn off selling," exactly? Which menus, etc.

Thanks for the tutorial. I'm also curious about some examples of what people do with it -- I guess some examples of what kinds of complexes people set up in general. I'm new to the industrial side of the game, so I just need ideas for simple goals to get me started. Profits would be excellent. :)

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 18:23

Logain should be able to answer the menus better. I have just started playing again yesterday after about 6-8 months away from the game.

Check out http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3tcocc.html. It is an online complex construction calculator. That might help you out with the types of stations and profits. Just remember that your cost will be different because Complex Kits are not needed nor do you have to buy multiple stations with the exception of Mines.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

Goncyn
x4

Post by Goncyn » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 18:32

Useful link, thanks again.

dpadula
x4

Post by dpadula » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 19:04

You are quite welcome. It is one of the best tools for Complex Building.
-----
Dell Precision 3600
12 gb ram
Nvidia 1060
Windows 10

JoeTheDestroyer
x3tc

Wares Research update

Post by JoeTheDestroyer » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 07:08

Just wanted to jump in and say I'm back to X after a hiatus. I'm pleased to report that I'm done coding my ware research addon for PM. I still want to spend a few weeks testing it, but if anyone wants to try it out before then, send me a PM.

So, just a quick summary of the addon for those interested:

PM addon: Ware Research v7.2.01
1) Ware research
This adds a new method to get ware blueprints by reverse engineering wares (as compared to the current method of Salvaging stations). This means that PM can now produce (almost) any type of ware, including those for which no factory exists (such as the Phased Array Laser Cannon).

The cost of the research is 3 times the estimated factory cost (for an S-size factory). 90% of this must be supplied in wares (at average price). If you don't have enough of the ware to meet this requirement, research is still possible, but it gets very expensive (up to 35 times the estimated factory cost).

All ware blueprints that require food are created to use the food for the Default Race as set in PM Options.

For example, the Phased Array Laser Cannon (PALC):
Average Ware Price: 654,432cr
Estimated Factory Cost: 11,548,232cr
Nominal Total Research Cost: 34,644,696cr (= 3 * 11,548,232)
Total Research Costs:
47 PALCs + 3,886,892cr (nominal)
or
30 PALCs + 15,953,217cr
or
10 PALCs + 128,156,172cr
or
2 PALCs + 357,222,747cr

2) Production research
This adds the ability to improve the productivity of pre-existing ware blueprints. A ware blueprint from an S-sized factory can be increased to an M-size or larger. The cost of this research is 1.5 times the difference between the estimated factory cost for the current blueprint and the estimated factory cost of the new blueprint.

The current supported blueprint sizes are:

Code: Select all

Desc Size   Cost ratio vs S-size
    S    1     1      : 1
    M    2     1.8125 : 1
    L    5     4.25   : 1
   XL   10     7.5625 : 1
  XXL   20    12.125  : 1
  5XL   50    19.5    : 1
 10XL  100    25.25   : 1
For example, Energy Cell blueprint from Solar Power Plant XL (any race):
Estimated Factory Cost: 19,669,215cr
XXL Research Cost: 17,729,827cr
5XL Research Cost: 46,572,151cr
10XL Research Cost: 69,004,810cr

(Note that, unlike above, any food requirement is left exactly as in the source blueprint, except for increasing amounts.)

(Note 2: This DOES NOT give you a new station blueprint, just a ware blueprint. In other words you cannot build a Solar Power Plant 10XL using this. But you will be able to produce ECells at a rate equivalent to an SPP 10XL.)

-Joe
Last edited by JoeTheDestroyer on Wed, 5. Jan 11, 07:19, edited 1 time in total.

JoeTheDestroyer
x3tc

Post by JoeTheDestroyer » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 07:17

Sorry for the double post, but I also wanted to say that I found a small bug in PM 7.2.

Description:
When an energy cell production module is present, it will not show up in the host's menu unless a salvage module is also present. However, it will show up in the main menu regardless of the presence of a salvage module.

Solution:
I compared the code in plugin.LI.PM.Main.Menu and plugin.LI.PM.PM.Menu and this appears to be the problem:

Code: Select all

$natural.Array = sort array $natural.Array
   $natural.Array = reverse array $natural.Array
   append $natural.Array to array $split.ware.Array
 end

if size of array $salvage.Array
   append $energy.Array to array $split.ware.Array
 end

if size of array $missile.Array
   $missile.Array = sort array $missile.Array
In the middle, $salvage.Array should be $energy.Array. This also explains why it only shows up when a salvage module is present.

-Joe

Logain Abler
x4

Post by Logain Abler » Wed, 5. Jan 11, 13:33

Welcome back JoeTheDestroyer :)

Can’t say I’ve noticed the display discrepancy between the Main & Host menu and I produce all my Energy via PM. Then again it’s been a while since I’ve played X3:TC.

I’ll have a look this weekend as I’m away from home this week.

LA

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”