[Script] - Logain Industries Capital Ship Energy Cell Generator (CSecG) v2 12/09/2010

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cascinova
x3tc

Post by Cascinova » Sat, 28. Jul 12, 07:16

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Cascinova wrote:the actual ware isn't available at docks
The ware was broken; perhaps by a change in EMP. That is what I "fixed" (by removing the requirement for the ware).

It appears that custom wares cannot be reliably created for all installation scenarios. Perhaps an updated ware could be made to work with the Plugin Manager, but not everyone uses the PM.

That is why I removed the ware -- so that it will now work for all installations.
I see now Doc, thanks so much for fixing it, it would suck to start a new game without that script, it's one of those things that once you have it, it would be a major bumber having to play without it.

By the way i like your marine script as well, it is really good.
thanks again.

Oji
x3tc

Post by Oji » Sat, 15. Sep 12, 00:02

Doesnt seem to work with AP+XRM - i can buy generator, but option to activate it in advanced menu does not appear. Tried it on Tempest destoyer.

any ideas if its possible to fix?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Sat, 15. Sep 12, 01:58

Oji wrote:option to activate it in advanced menu does not appear.
Look on the Special menu (not Additional/Advanced).

If that does not work, then use the updated version which corrects the broken ware (by changing the requirement to Navigation Command Software Mk1).

There is nothing about AP or XRM that will make CSecG not work. However, EMP changed since its initial release, which breaks the ware.

Oji
x3tc

Post by Oji » Sat, 15. Sep 12, 14:19

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Oji wrote:option to activate it in advanced menu does not appear.
Look on the Special menu (not Additional/Advanced).

If that does not work, then use the updated version which corrects the broken ware (by changing the requirement to Navigation Command Software Mk1).

There is nothing about AP or XRM that will make CSecG not work. However, EMP changed since its initial release, which breaks the ware.

Yep its working thx! I was too used to access all additional addons through additional commands :oops:

Nick 031287
x3tc

Post by Nick 031287 » Sat, 15. Sep 12, 14:30

hey does it generate more energy cells if you use more then 1 in the same ship?

Hyde911
x3tc

Post by Hyde911 » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 20:57

Hello
I've got problem with CSecG. Somehow Energy cell generator disappeared from docks. I've installed fresh vanilla game (X3:AP), but with same results. With original version something appears in dock which I guess suppose to be ECG (it has no name). With latest version nothing appears at all.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 21:16

Hyde911 wrote:With latest version nothing appears at all.
By "latest version" do you mean the update that I posted above?

The original ware, used in the version on the first page of this thread, is no longer supported by the current Plugin Manager (with its updated EMP). The version that I posted fixes the problem by removing the need for the ware.

So, if you are using my updated version, then you do not need the ware. And, yes, the ware no longer works properly.
  • (If you are comfortable using the script editor, then an alternative is to fix LA's original script for your game by changing the ware (in several places).)

Hyde911
x3tc

Post by Hyde911 » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 21:25

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Hyde911 wrote:With latest version nothing appears at all.
By "latest version" do you mean the update that I posted above?
Yep. v. 2.05

DrBullwinkle wrote: So, if you are using my updated version, then you do not need the ware. And, yes, the ware no longer works properly.
But how can I install ECG without ware at docks?? (Am I missing something?)
DrBullwinkle wrote:
  • (If you are comfortable using the script editor, then an alternative is to fix LA's original script for your game by changing the ware (in several places).)
I just want ECG on my ships.

PS. Thanks for quick reply.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 21:32

Hyde911 wrote:But how can I install ECG without ware at docks??
If you have Navigation Command Software Mk1 on your ship, then CSecG should already be installed. Look on the Special Menu.

Hyde911
x3tc

Post by Hyde911 » Fri, 23. Nov 12, 21:37

DrBullwinkle wrote:
If you have Navigation Command Software Mk1 on your ship, then CSecG should already be installed. Look on the Special Menu.
:o
Thanks man.

Drewgamer
x4

Post by Drewgamer » Mon, 14. Jan 13, 19:41

DrBullwinkle wrote:If you have Navigation Command Software Mk1 on your ship, then CSecG should already be installed. Look on the Special Menu.
Thank you, thank you, thank you, for putting this fix up. Sucks not getting the custom ware, but I love having the CSecG mod.

Also thanks LA for the original scripts. It certainly makes having the jumpdrive a little more manageable without feeling too cheaty :D
Check out my mod Crystal Rarities

Szynszyl
x4

Post by Szynszyl » Thu, 5. Sep 13, 18:33

I have a question, that scritp work with AP??

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 18. Sep 13, 00:26

How fast does the generator produce energy cells? I've had it active for awhile now flying around doing nothing, but haven't noticed any energy cells apering in my bay

Valtarien
x3ap

Post by Valtarien » Thu, 19. Sep 13, 21:54

How can I make the generators accessible to M6 class ships? I've poked around in the scripts and found a reference to M6 along with the larger capital ships, but also see that it is restricted to "big ships." Changing that value (to "ships") does not seem to work. Any suggestions?

Keridos
x4

Post by Keridos » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 14:25

I cannot get this to work with XRM either. I installed both the ware manager and the updated version from bullwinkle, but still do not get the commands in the special menu in my M7.

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Mon, 30. Sep 13, 19:46

It works for me with XRM. I´ve only installed the hacked version via PM, iirc.

Keridos
x4

Post by Keridos » Wed, 2. Oct 13, 15:35

I have absolutely no problems with any script, except this one is not working at all for me.

Mad_CatMk2
x4

Post by Mad_CatMk2 » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 04:38

DrBullwinkle wrote:
Hey Doc, I remembered a few posts back you said you updated the script to make it compatible with all ships? But I still only see it on M6 or higher...
i.e. on my TS's I have the required equipment but the menu doesn't show up.

p.s.: I've also looked through the plugin.LI.CSsecG.menu script...but with my still limited knowledge of the SE, can't seem to figure where to look for that check

p.p.s: I really want to get into scripting (programming for living actually) so bear with me if I pester you :)
I fly an OWP. What about you?

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 05:52

I do not know why my version of CSecG would not run on your TS ships. The only requirements are:
  • Moveable Ship
  • Owned by player
  • Navigation Command Software Mk1
So it should work on any ship that has Navigation Command Software (including ships with Navigation Command Software built-in).

d_ka
x3ap

Post by d_ka » Wed, 27. Nov 13, 08:20

I use your hacked version, Dr.B, but iirc, my TS do not have the CSecG options, too. It´s ok for me though, the only thing that isn´t realistic is when your "generators" still produce e-cells when they are docked, or are in a sector with no suns at all ( it was supposed to convert light into enegy, right? ). But hey, you can´t have everything, eh? ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”