[MOD] X3TC/AP ITS-PSCO1-Shawn Cockpit MOD V6 - 24.01.2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

angryred

Post by angryred » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:19

ozzyoscy wrote:
angryred wrote:4) I have renamed the .cats and .dats and placed them in the main X3TC folder in the order described (over and over, installed and uninstalled again and again). Game crashes when trying to load a savegame with the files in place; loads fine when I remove the files.
Did you do as the readme says and put the other two files renamed into the 'Mods' folder? Then did you select them in 'Select Mod Package' at the start-up screen?

These are the .zip files that I have downloaded:

ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.zip
ITS_X3TC_Full_CP.zip
PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.zip

...None of the Readme's contained in these zips say anything about the Mods folder. Everything I've read about this particular mod says to put the files in the main folder (except when it mentions the Addon folder, which is apparently an Albion Prelude thing that I shouldn't have to mess with-- correct?)

Now, before trying this mod, I did get PSCO1's cockpit mod to work by putting those files in the Mod folder and using "select Mod package"-- I switched ships, and BOOM, cockpits. But I wanted to get this mod to work, so I removed PSCO1's. So I guess technically I HAVE modded before-- about ten minutes before.

So, since my Readme files have no reference to the Mod folder (at least the Readme's in English, anyway), do i have the correct zip files? I dl'd everything from Imp's page.

And what files are you referring to when you say "other two files"? Not seeing anything about this in my Readme's, can you be more specific?

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:25

angryred wrote:
ozzyoscy wrote:
angryred wrote:4) I have renamed the .cats and .dats and placed them in the main X3TC folder in the order described (over and over, installed and uninstalled again and again). Game crashes when trying to load a savegame with the files in place; loads fine when I remove the files.
Did you do as the readme says and put the other two files renamed into the 'Mods' folder? Then did you select them in 'Select Mod Package' at the start-up screen?

These are the .zip files that I have downloaded:

ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.zip
ITS_X3TC_Full_CP.zip
PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.zip

...None of the Readme's contained in these zips say anything about the Mods folder. Everything I've read about this particular mod says to put the files in the main folder (except when it mentions the Addon folder, which is apparently an Albion Prelude thing that I shouldn't have to mess with-- correct?).
It's in 'ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.zip'. It says:
- "ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.dat/cat" copy this files in your X3TC directory and rename it to the next number of your cat/dat files in this folder
example your highest number is 13.cat and 13.dat --> then numbered the mod with 14.cat and 14.dat
When you use other mods it's good to number this mod lower then the other but not lower as the original X3TC files.

- "ITS_X3AP_CPpatch.dat/cat" copy this little graphic fix in your X3TC\addon folder and rename it
example your highest number is 02.cat and 02.dat --> then numbered the mod with 03.cat and 03.dat

After loading the game, you must change the ship or jump to another sector to see the changes.
So you put the ITS_X3AP_CPpatch .cat and .dat files in the Mods/whatever-you've-named-it folder.

angryred

Post by angryred » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:32

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but in that passage I only see references to the main X3TC folder and the Addon folder-- and as I do not have Albion Prelude, I have no Addon folder (and I shouldn't need one-- correct?)

In fact, two lines after the piece you quoted, it says
........................................................................................
.IMPORTANT: use the highest number for cat/dat and don't use a mod in the "mods" folder.
........................................................................................
I only get more and more confused with each attempt.

Quoting my original post below for quick reference, since it is now on another page.
angryred wrote:I have been banging my head against this mod for two days now trying to get it to work. Even following the instructions in the "YAY I GOT IT TO WORK" posts have led me to the same crash screen again and again. I'm going to provide a few details about my specific setup, and maybe some kind soul might be able to help me.

1) I only have Terran Conflict; no Albion Prelude.

2) I bought a hard copy of the game, version 2.0, currently patched to 3.2. I do not have it installed through Steam (though I have it registered in my Steam Library for the future, it has never been installed there).

3) I have NO OTHER MODS. I have never modded this game before, which is why a fair amount of the references are lost on me (TSships? Huh?). However, I really really REALLY want cockpits, so I muddle through.

4) I have renamed the .cats and .dats and placed them in the main X3TC folder in the order described (over and over, installed and uninstalled again and again). Game crashes when trying to load a savegame with the files in place; loads fine when I remove the files.

5) I have traveled to a desolate sector and ejected from my ship. I even tried sending my ship to dock at a station in another sector (possibly a mistake?), leaving me all alone in the cold of space with nothing but a suit to protect me (this is the savegame I keep trying to load).

6) Trying to load the current save, the X3Crash.log says

Code: Select all

Crash event occurred on Sun Apr 28 17:00:26 2013
E:\X3 Terran Conflict\X3TC.exe
The exception "Access violation" (0xc0000005) was caused at address 001b:00425f99

Process owned by user: David Harlan

No story task running
...followed by many "stack dump" numbers.

One thing I wonder might be causing me a problem: Imp says that once you eject from your ship and save using salvage insurance, that "no ships should be in fight". I'm not sure if Imp means that no ships should be in combat, or if he meant to say that "no ships should be in flight".

See, if he means in flight then this job just became ten times harder, because I have 3 huge factory complexes in 3 different sectors, each complex having between 10-20 haulers on automated trade runs. Then, also, there are my idling Zeus with two wings of 10 fighters, and my Mammoth; so I have LOADS of ships in flight at any given time. Having to dock all these ships to install the mod, then re-issue all their trade run orders (most of which I set up two years ago, so the specifics are not exactly fresh in my mind) would be a royal pain in the ass. But I'll consider it!

If this information is in any way informative, I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me

A) EXACTLY which files I need (for example, one of the zips seems to contain .cat/.dats for both version 2.7 and 3.2-- as far as I can tell. Do I need both? One? Which one?)

B) EXACTLY what order and what folders where the necessary files belong (my base install has .cat/.dats numbered up to 13, so I have been installing-- in the X3TC main directory--
ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.cat/.dat as #14;
ITS_X3TC_Full_CP_32.cat/.dat as #15; and
ITS_X3AP_CPpatch.cat/.dat as #16.
I still don't know what to do with PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.cat/.dat, or where it falls in this heirarchy. My last few attempts have excluded this file).

C) Do I have to dock everybody?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided. As i'm already losing my hair naturally, this process is NOT helping. ;)

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:41

angryred wrote:I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but in that passage I only see references to the main X3TC folder and the Addon folder-- and as I do not have Albion Prelude, I have no Addon folder (and I shouldn't need one-- correct?)

In fact, two lines after the piece you quoted, it says
.IMPORTANT: use the highest number for cat/dat and don't use a mod in the "mods" folder.
I only get more and more confused with each attempt.
I don't have Albion Prelude installed either, I created the Mods folder. I put the two files in the directory renamed, and then put the other two it wants in the 'addon' folder in the mod folder I created, renamed also. I selected the mod in the start-up screen and started the game, and started a new game, it worked fine. So it's worth a try, and starting a new game just to see if it works without all that kerfuffle of getting it to work in a current game.

angryred

Post by angryred » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:49

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind naming exactly which files you are using, and which folders they are in? Give me a list in order like 1, 2, 3, and just pretend like I'm a five year-old idiot who needs his hand held throught the entire process? ;)

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 02:11

angryred wrote:If it's not too much trouble, would you mind naming exactly which files you are using, and which folders they are in? Give me a list in order like 1, 2, 3, and just pretend like I'm a five year-old idiot who needs his hand held throught the entire process? ;)
Unzip the 'ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.zip' folder to wherever you want to.

Cut/paste 'ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.dat' and 'ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6' to the game's folder on your computer (X:\XXXXXXX\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict)

Rename them the next highest number available (usually 14, so '14.dat' and '14' respectively).

Create a new folder in this Terran Conflict directory called 'Mods'.

Cut/paste 'ITS_X3AP_CPpatch.dat' and 'ITS_X3AP_CPpatch' to the 'Mods' folder. (X:\XXXXXXX\EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\Mods)

Rename them the next highest number available (if you have no mods, this will be the number 1, so the files will be '1.dat' and '1' respectively.) (Not sure if changing the names here even matters if you have no mods, but whatever)

Start Terran Conflict so that the start-up screen shows (the one where you can change the graphics settings, check for updates etc.)

Click 'Select Mod Package'

Click the '1' on the list and click 'ok'.

Start the game.

Start a new game and you'll see if it has worked straight away.

angryred

Post by angryred » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 02:56

OK, so I did as you said.

Loaded up a new game, BOOM, cockpit.

Hesitantly, I go to load my save-- the one where I was alone in an empty sector. After a while, IT ACTUALLY LOADS. No helmet graphics, but I'm guessing that I have to hop in a ship to kickstart the cockpit function, like when I tried PSCO1's version.

Of course, I had sent my ship to another sector to dock at a station, which went pretty fast since it immediately warped out to a populated sector. But coming back, it warps in through a gate about 60 km away, so I had a long wait, floating around in my suit.

Finally it gets there, I hop in... BOOM.

My Split Chimera, the Foxbat, FINALLY HAS A COCKPIT.

I warp to my Paranid Zeus carrier, the Eternity. BOOM, BRIDGE.

I have cockpits, I have my empire, all is good.

THOSE INSTRUCTIONS WERE TEN TIMES SIMPLER THAN ANYTHING ELSE I READ. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

And I only used the contents of one zip file! What the heck are the others for? (ITS_X3TC_Full_CP.zip and PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.zip?)

No biggie. I'll figure those out later X3 COCKPITS OH YEAH BAYBEEEE YEEEEEAAH

...Er, um. Thank you again. Very much.

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 14:06

angryred wrote:And I only used the contents of one zip file! What the heck are the others for? (ITS_X3TC_Full_CP.zip and PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.zip?)
From the names, I'm guessing the first is just for Terran Conflict and the second gives you one with no radar or something. I used Google Translate to guess which one I should download from the site (but it's usually the one at the top anyway).

ViperMkII
x3tc

Post by ViperMkII » Sun, 19. May 13, 01:29

Hi,

I barely played X3 years ago but some of the features of AP have lured me back. I am not familiar with installing mods to this game, I am trying to install this mod and the AP launcher says that it is version 3.

I have never had trouble installing a mod to a game before and there is so much conflicting information in this thread. Can someone please give me a step by step walkthrough on how to install this so that it works with AP?

I tried the Basis 6 files as well as the 1.0_1.1 whatever files, I made the mod folder, I tried them in both the main TC directory and the addon directory. I have followed the instructions on both page 21 and 20 with no success.

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Sun, 19. May 13, 15:05

ViperMkII wrote:Can someone please give me a step by step walkthrough on how to install this so that it works with AP?
3 posts above yours is a step-by-step guide for Terran Conflict, so not really different.

ViperMkII
x3tc

Post by ViperMkII » Mon, 20. May 13, 22:38

ozzyoscy wrote:
ViperMkII wrote:Can someone please give me a step by step walkthrough on how to install this so that it works with AP?
3 posts above yours is a step-by-step guide for Terran Conflict, so not really different.
Wow, thanks for that Captain Obvious! If you bothered to read my post you would see that I am already aware of that "guide" and that I duplicated those steps in my addon folder.

If this mod works for you then great! In the time that it took you to quote my post and make your smart ass comment, you could have honored my request and posted how to install this mod for AP.

But hey, don't worry about it. If I understand correctly, this mod is not compatible with MARS and thus this mod is worthless crap.

kaylo7
x3tc

Post by kaylo7 » Fri, 26. Jul 13, 05:46

First I'd like to make a plea to the gaming gods that the poster above me was smited.

On to my problem. I switched from PSCO1's due to the additional cockpits available, but for some reason the generic big-ship cockpit isn't rendering properly and the numbers on the overhead for speed/etc are illegible.
This one: http://www.its-schiffswerft.de/html/x3t ... een_0.html

He doesn't have a center-view version in the thumbnails that I saw, but that's the cockpit. The speed numbers (which are visible on the right side of the photo) aren't legible on my screen, and the whole thing appears "stretched" and farther away than it should be. It's not terribly noticeable other than the numbers, as well as the fact that I've seen the correct-looking render in PSCO1's mod. Any reason why this would happen? It's immersion-breaking to have to keep up the standard hud and use that instead of the awesome cockpit consoles.

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Fri, 26. Jul 13, 14:52

ViperMkII wrote:
ozzyoscy wrote:
Wow, thanks for that Captain Obvious! If you bothered to read my post you would see that I am already aware of that "guide" and that I duplicated those steps in my addon folder.

If this mod works for you then great! In the time that it took you to quote my post and make your smart ass comment, you could have honored my request and posted how to install this mod for AP.

But hey, don't worry about it. If I understand correctly, this mod is not compatible with MARS and thus this mod is worthless crap.
One has to wonder why you posted at all. You found the answer, yet were still compelled to write paragraphs just to be rude and creepy. Issues.

WingC3
x4

Still functional in AP 2.5?

Post by WingC3 » Thu, 14. Nov 13, 16:44

Hi all, I'm currently running the PSCO1 cockpit mod v1.32 on version2.5 of AP .

I remember using this mod back in the 1.1 days, and that the cockpits were even more unique. Does anyone know if this mod still works in version 2.5? The readme's all say 1.1, but they're out of date.

Can anyone confirm that it's still working in version 2.5? Is it better than the PSCO1 only mod?

Kominikx
x3tc

Post by Kominikx » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 01:01

Trying to use " ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6 " with AP ver. 3.1 (Steam)
1 - Starting new game - seems to be working fine.
2 - Loading game - Crash

Pasted 'ITS_X3AP_CPpatch.dat' and 'ITS_X3AP_CPpatch' to the 'Mods' folder and "Mods" folder moved to Addon folder.
By this option "Select Mod Package" came available when starting the game.
Otherwise was still grayed out.

Anyway, still have to figure out how to stop those crashes ;)

Hope it helps a bit.

Kominikx
x3tc

Post by Kominikx » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 01:29

Just tried "PSCO1_CockpitMod_v1.32_AP" with the AP ver. 3.1 and after loading save - some texture appears but not real cockpit. After taking first gate it looks good.

No crashes so far.

WingC3
x4

full_cp

Post by WingC3 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 07:29

Yes, I can confirm those bits work. The full_CP additional files appear to use an out of date ships file though, because my megalodon loses its hangar when I install it.
Has anyone merged that part of the mod's changes into an updated tship for version 3.1?[/list]

WingC3
x4

Post by WingC3 » Thu, 21. Nov 13, 07:34

You can stop the crashes by saving your game in your spacesuit somewhere before activating the mod. Then activate the mod and enter your ship. All will be well. This is only necessary the first time.

Kominikx
x3tc

Post by Kominikx » Fri, 22. Nov 13, 02:28

Yup, its working that way.
However cockpit looks a bit ugly ;P

rootsrat

Re: [MOD] X3TC/AP ITS-PSCO1-Shawn Cockpit MOD V6 - 24.01.2012

Post by rootsrat » Sun, 1. Dec 13, 00:01

Imp.- wrote:Hi All
Basis-MOD compatibel with all version of X3TC and X3AP
FULL_CP_MOD X3TC compatibel versions: minimum 2.7 - 3.1 or 3.2
FULL_CP_MOD X3AP compatibel version 1.0 or 1.1 [/color]

(SNIP)

I have 3 Downloadparts

X3TC_CP_Basic - mainpart with all graphical material, an complete reworked file-tree for CP and compatibility to most other mods and version of X3TC

ITS_X3TC_Full_CP - only includes the TShip-file to correct all CP for the file-tree. Only compatibel to X3TC since 2.1. and MOD WITHOUT a TShip. Only with this Update every Shipversion has an unique CP.

PSCO1_no_Info_Radar - This is an extracted part of PSCO1-CP-MOD and disable radar and shipinfo in the main-HUD
Hi there. I am not very experienced modder of X3, could someone please explain what a TShip is? What is the difference between basic and full version? Am I right in thinking that each and every ship gets its own cockpit with FULL version? Will I be able to use it if I only plan to use this cockpit mod and also Extended TC/AP?

Thanks in advance.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”