[MOD] X3TC/AP ITS-PSCO1-Shawn Cockpit MOD V6 - 24.01.2012

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

NLS
x3ap

Cockpits?

Post by NLS » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 00:04

Not sure where to find such a mod for AP...

Help?
---
NLS

DJ_D
x4

Post by DJ_D » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 00:31

You can find one here

http://www.its-schiffswerft.de/html/downloads.html

Its the one I use. Compatible with almost every mod and TC aswell as AP. :)
"May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you´re dead" - Garrus Vakarian, Mass Effect3
Alliance Normandy SR2 Mod

NLS
x3ap

Post by NLS » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 09:57

Thanks man.

Actually... which one I download?
All?
Google translate doesn't help much.
---
NLS

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 9. Aug 12, 11:47

*merged with main mod thread of this cockpit mod*
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

sfaqwerty
x4

Post by sfaqwerty » Fri, 1. Feb 13, 10:41

does this not work for the steam version? i cant tell what im doing wrong?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 1. Feb 13, 11:34

Tell us exactly what you're doing. Then we might be able to tell you, what you're doing wrong.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

jawman94

Post by jawman94 » Fri, 8. Feb 13, 07:12

This looks awesome! Does anybody have any idea how I might get this to work on the Mac version of X3?

Imp.-
x3tc

Post by Imp.- » Fri, 8. Feb 13, 14:24

sorry. I don't know how X3 are using mods with mac.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 8. Feb 13, 14:28

jawman94 wrote:This looks awesome! Does anybody have any idea how I might get this to work on the Mac version of X3?
Exactly as in the PC version of X3. Important is that you find the actual game folder. Some suggestions, where it might be located, can be found here.

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Fri, 8. Feb 13, 16:34

jawman94 wrote:Does anybody have any idea how I might get this to work on the Mac version of X3?
In addition to the above, the current thread for Mac support is: Ultimate Guide to X3 Mods for Mac (icEPiraka). If the information in the thread does not answer all of your questions then post a reply -- the Mac experts watch that thread.

iroku
x4

Post by iroku » Fri, 1. Mar 13, 06:27

i cant install this. I downloaded Version: ITS_X3TC+AP_CP_Basis_6 and Version: ITS_X3TC_Full_CP for V2.7 to 3.1 and 3.2 i than changed the name of the ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.dat file to 14.dat at the game install folder and same with the ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.cat file.

But i have no addon folder to place the cpatch files. Do i make such a folder ?

i than did the same for the files in ITS_X3TC_Full_CP for V2.7 to 3.1 at the main install folder. when i run the game it crashes after loading screen (after selecting sav file and after that loading screen) sometimes i can still hear in game voice (i can hear the docking beep)

any tips pls ?

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sat, 2. Mar 13, 00:57

first of all, im not sure about this, but.. what game are you playing..? if its TC, you can either place both ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.dat and ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.cat files into the main directory and rename them to the highest number (fake patch method), then just start your save game.. or place them in the mods folder (mod method) and pick them from the mods selection list in the start screen from the game..

the ITS_X3TC_Full_CP for V2.7 to 3.1 files change the TShips file from the game thus i think it is not save game compatible..

conclusion, if you want to start from a save game you can only add the ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6 files, however, if you want to start a new game you can install the ITS_X3TC_Full_CP for V2.7 to 3.1 files too..

the Addon folder they talk about, you only have it if you have Albion Prelude installed.. if you dont, you dont have the Addon folder..

IF you have a addon folder, wich means you have to have Albion Prelude installed, you have to download and install the ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6 and the ITS_X3AP_Full_CP for V1.0 and V1.1. files into the addons folder and rename them to the highest number if you want the patch method or you can just put them into the mod folder if you want to use the mod method..

good luck.. :)

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Wed, 24. Apr 13, 23:11

The cockpit flashes on my Terran Conflict.

Fix: Select the mod in the start-up screen.

angryred

Post by angryred » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 00:57

I have been banging my head against this mod for two days now trying to get it to work. Even following the instructions in the "YAY I GOT IT TO WORK" posts have led me to the same crash screen again and again. I'm going to provide a few details about my specific setup, and maybe some kind soul might be able to help me.

1) I only have Terran Conflict; no Albion Prelude.

2) I bought a hard copy of the game, version 2.0, currently patched to 3.2. I do not have it installed through Steam (though I have it registered in my Steam Library for the future, it has never been installed there).

3) I have NO OTHER MODS. I have never modded this game before, which is why a fair amount of the references are lost on me (TSships? Huh?). However, I really really REALLY want cockpits, so I muddle through.

4) I have renamed the .cats and .dats and placed them in the main X3TC folder in the order described (over and over, installed and uninstalled again and again). Game crashes when trying to load a savegame with the files in place; loads fine when I remove the files.

5) I have traveled to a desolate sector and ejected from my ship. I even tried sending my ship to dock at a station in another sector (possibly a mistake?), leaving me all alone in the cold of space with nothing but a suit to protect me (this is the savegame I keep trying to load).

6) Trying to load the current save, the X3Crash.log says

Code: Select all

Crash event occurred on Sun Apr 28 17:00:26 2013
E:\X3 Terran Conflict\X3TC.exe
The exception "Access violation" (0xc0000005) was caused at address 001b:00425f99

Process owned by user: David Harlan

No story task running
...followed by many "stack dump" numbers.

One thing I wonder might be causing me a problem: Imp says that once you eject from your ship and save using salvage insurance, that "no ships should be in fight". I'm not sure if Imp means that no ships should be in combat, or if he meant to say that "no ships should be in flight".

See, if he means in flight then this job just became ten times harder, because I have 3 huge factory complexes in 3 different sectors, each complex having between 10-20 haulers on automated trade runs. Then, also, there are my idling Zeus with two wings of 10 fighters, and my Mammoth; so I have LOADS of ships in flight at any given time. Having to dock all these ships to install the mod, then re-issue all their trade run orders (most of which I set up two years ago, so the specifics are not exactly fresh in my mind) would be a royal pain in the ass. But I'll consider it!

If this information is in any way informative, I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me

A) EXACTLY which files I need (for example, one of the zips seems to contain .cat/.dats for both version 2.7 and 3.2-- as far as I can tell. Do I need both? One? Which one?)

B) EXACTLY what order and what folders where the necessary files belong (my base install has .cat/.dats numbered up to 13, so I have been installing-- in the X3TC main directory--
ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.cat/.dat as #14;
ITS_X3TC_Full_CP_32.cat/.dat as #15; and
ITS_X3AP_CPpatch.cat/.dat as #16.
I still don't know what to do with PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.cat/.dat, or where it falls in this heirarchy. My last few attempts have excluded this file).

C) Do I have to dock everybody?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided. As i'm already losing my hair naturally, this process is NOT helping. ;)

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:02

angryred wrote:4) I have renamed the .cats and .dats and placed them in the main X3TC folder in the order described (over and over, installed and uninstalled again and again). Game crashes when trying to load a savegame with the files in place; loads fine when I remove the files.
Did you do as the readme says and put the other two files renamed into the 'Mods' folder? Then did you select them in 'Select Mod Package' at the start-up screen?

angryred

Post by angryred » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:19

ozzyoscy wrote:
angryred wrote:4) I have renamed the .cats and .dats and placed them in the main X3TC folder in the order described (over and over, installed and uninstalled again and again). Game crashes when trying to load a savegame with the files in place; loads fine when I remove the files.
Did you do as the readme says and put the other two files renamed into the 'Mods' folder? Then did you select them in 'Select Mod Package' at the start-up screen?

These are the .zip files that I have downloaded:

ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.zip
ITS_X3TC_Full_CP.zip
PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.zip

...None of the Readme's contained in these zips say anything about the Mods folder. Everything I've read about this particular mod says to put the files in the main folder (except when it mentions the Addon folder, which is apparently an Albion Prelude thing that I shouldn't have to mess with-- correct?)

Now, before trying this mod, I did get PSCO1's cockpit mod to work by putting those files in the Mod folder and using "select Mod package"-- I switched ships, and BOOM, cockpits. But I wanted to get this mod to work, so I removed PSCO1's. So I guess technically I HAVE modded before-- about ten minutes before.

So, since my Readme files have no reference to the Mod folder (at least the Readme's in English, anyway), do i have the correct zip files? I dl'd everything from Imp's page.

And what files are you referring to when you say "other two files"? Not seeing anything about this in my Readme's, can you be more specific?

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:25

angryred wrote:
ozzyoscy wrote:

These are the .zip files that I have downloaded:

ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.zip
ITS_X3TC_Full_CP.zip
PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.zip

...None of the Readme's contained in these zips say anything about the Mods folder. Everything I've read about this particular mod says to put the files in the main folder (except when it mentions the Addon folder, which is apparently an Albion Prelude thing that I shouldn't have to mess with-- correct?).
It's in 'ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.zip'. It says:
- "ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.dat/cat" copy this files in your X3TC directory and rename it to the next number of your cat/dat files in this folder
example your highest number is 13.cat and 13.dat --> then numbered the mod with 14.cat and 14.dat
When you use other mods it's good to number this mod lower then the other but not lower as the original X3TC files.

- "ITS_X3AP_CPpatch.dat/cat" copy this little graphic fix in your X3TC\addon folder and rename it
example your highest number is 02.cat and 02.dat --> then numbered the mod with 03.cat and 03.dat

After loading the game, you must change the ship or jump to another sector to see the changes.
So you put the ITS_X3AP_CPpatch .cat and .dat files in the Mods/whatever-you've-named-it folder.

angryred

Post by angryred » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:32

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but in that passage I only see references to the main X3TC folder and the Addon folder-- and as I do not have Albion Prelude, I have no Addon folder (and I shouldn't need one-- correct?)

In fact, two lines after the piece you quoted, it says
........................................................................................
.IMPORTANT: use the highest number for cat/dat and don't use a mod in the "mods" folder.
........................................................................................
I only get more and more confused with each attempt.

Quoting my original post below for quick reference, since it is now on another page.
angryred wrote:I have been banging my head against this mod for two days now trying to get it to work. Even following the instructions in the "YAY I GOT IT TO WORK" posts have led me to the same crash screen again and again. I'm going to provide a few details about my specific setup, and maybe some kind soul might be able to help me.

1) I only have Terran Conflict; no Albion Prelude.

2) I bought a hard copy of the game, version 2.0, currently patched to 3.2. I do not have it installed through Steam (though I have it registered in my Steam Library for the future, it has never been installed there).

3) I have NO OTHER MODS. I have never modded this game before, which is why a fair amount of the references are lost on me (TSships? Huh?). However, I really really REALLY want cockpits, so I muddle through.

4) I have renamed the .cats and .dats and placed them in the main X3TC folder in the order described (over and over, installed and uninstalled again and again). Game crashes when trying to load a savegame with the files in place; loads fine when I remove the files.

5) I have traveled to a desolate sector and ejected from my ship. I even tried sending my ship to dock at a station in another sector (possibly a mistake?), leaving me all alone in the cold of space with nothing but a suit to protect me (this is the savegame I keep trying to load).

6) Trying to load the current save, the X3Crash.log says

Code: Select all

Crash event occurred on Sun Apr 28 17:00:26 2013
E:\X3 Terran Conflict\X3TC.exe
The exception "Access violation" (0xc0000005) was caused at address 001b:00425f99

Process owned by user: David Harlan

No story task running
...followed by many "stack dump" numbers.

One thing I wonder might be causing me a problem: Imp says that once you eject from your ship and save using salvage insurance, that "no ships should be in fight". I'm not sure if Imp means that no ships should be in combat, or if he meant to say that "no ships should be in flight".

See, if he means in flight then this job just became ten times harder, because I have 3 huge factory complexes in 3 different sectors, each complex having between 10-20 haulers on automated trade runs. Then, also, there are my idling Zeus with two wings of 10 fighters, and my Mammoth; so I have LOADS of ships in flight at any given time. Having to dock all these ships to install the mod, then re-issue all their trade run orders (most of which I set up two years ago, so the specifics are not exactly fresh in my mind) would be a royal pain in the ass. But I'll consider it!

If this information is in any way informative, I would be eternally grateful if someone could tell me

A) EXACTLY which files I need (for example, one of the zips seems to contain .cat/.dats for both version 2.7 and 3.2-- as far as I can tell. Do I need both? One? Which one?)

B) EXACTLY what order and what folders where the necessary files belong (my base install has .cat/.dats numbered up to 13, so I have been installing-- in the X3TC main directory--
ITS_X3TC_AP_CP_Basis_6.cat/.dat as #14;
ITS_X3TC_Full_CP_32.cat/.dat as #15; and
ITS_X3AP_CPpatch.cat/.dat as #16.
I still don't know what to do with PSCO1_no_Info_Radar.cat/.dat, or where it falls in this heirarchy. My last few attempts have excluded this file).

C) Do I have to dock everybody?

Many thanks in advance for any help provided. As i'm already losing my hair naturally, this process is NOT helping. ;)

ozzyoscy
x4

Post by ozzyoscy » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:41

angryred wrote:I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but in that passage I only see references to the main X3TC folder and the Addon folder-- and as I do not have Albion Prelude, I have no Addon folder (and I shouldn't need one-- correct?)

In fact, two lines after the piece you quoted, it says
.IMPORTANT: use the highest number for cat/dat and don't use a mod in the "mods" folder.
I only get more and more confused with each attempt.
I don't have Albion Prelude installed either, I created the Mods folder. I put the two files in the directory renamed, and then put the other two it wants in the 'addon' folder in the mod folder I created, renamed also. I selected the mod in the start-up screen and started the game, and started a new game, it worked fine. So it's worth a try, and starting a new game just to see if it works without all that kerfuffle of getting it to work in a current game.

angryred

Post by angryred » Mon, 29. Apr 13, 01:49

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind naming exactly which files you are using, and which folders they are in? Give me a list in order like 1, 2, 3, and just pretend like I'm a five year-old idiot who needs his hand held throught the entire process? ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”