[AL] Military Transport [7th May 2010 X³:TC 3.1.10]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 01:07

Use the script delete batch files, in the scripts.delete folder. Now, install the libraries, CODEA, MilTran, and Personnel Tran, in that order.

That should solve the problem.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 01:30

Captsavmhoe wrote:the only mods i have on my game are those 3 i really want this mod to work if not ill wipe and reinstall and try again if no other info will help
You may try to use the most recent versions of these scripts from Lucikes Script Collection. As the salary of personell got seperated from MTP, you must install the script "Basic Salary" then too.

I'm not sure, if your problem may be caused because of outdated versions of CODEA and MTP (if you've downloaded them from their topics), while the library is only available in a up to date version.

Captsavmhoe

Post by Captsavmhoe » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 03:38

oh well thanks u guys i used the delete in the forlders for all the scripts then i downloaded the exe version of luckys mods/scripts and installed that and still same thing i have my ship docked i pull up the hire pilot and still get that annoying beep.so screw the pilots .i just want the carrier codea to work i dont care i guess about the turrets and all that other crap aslong as they will work with out the gunners and what not .

after using the delete scrpits in down loaded and installed this

-> Lucikes Script Collection (7-Zip-EXE-Format)
... both are always the most recent version of the collection.

also just for more infor im docked at a argon eqdock correct? with a tl class ship with the correct wares installed ie lifesupport all the tfunctions are there but like i said when i dock and scroll to the hire pilot button (beep)
steam version 3.0 is what in using my son wants to play this game after watching me play it over the yrs but with out alot of these scripts the game blows chunks. so if the commands will still work with out the use of the pilots and mech gunners and what ever others there are then im all good if not let me know please so i can uninstall these as they will be useless.im not trying to sound like im crying i just been trying to make this work for 2 days and its getting annoying.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 16:33

Captsavmhoe wrote:also just for more infor im docked at a argon eqdock correct?
Wrong ... as I've already posted, it must be a military outpost. An equipment dock won't do that.

Btw.: When using the zipped script collection, you would be able to only unpack the sub-zipped scripts you like. With the exe you automatically get the whole collection.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 18:26

*deep breath* You want to hire pilots with Military Transport. There are two options.

Option one, be docked yourself when a military transport docks. You'll have the opportunity to purchase pilots then.

Option two: Use Personnel Transporter to move a pilot of the Rank Lieutenant to a TP, and dock that at the station. He will automatically hire Gunners, Mechanics, Navigators, Scientists, and Technicians.

Or, you can dock the Carrier at a Military Outpost, and hire pilots instead.

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Wed, 2. Feb 11, 19:20

The easiest way do hire pilots for CODEA (or SRS too) is CODEA, as you are able to do mass-hiring at any time and also you've the chance to get up to lieutnants (but with no flight experience, that means the time to get higher ranks can't be shortened that way but they already benefit from the capabilities of their ranks).

To hire pilots with MTP is possible to, as any personell can be used as a pilot too. But they always start as recruit, and due to their origin jobs they even may get payment for their other jobs too (not sure about that).
Anyway, it's a lot of more work to hire people via MTP instead of CODEA and so I won't suggest that. Only thing I would suggest is to use that personell which is to much, to use them as pilots.

Btw., as a third solution ... you could hire marines and use Personnel Transporter to make pilots out of them. ;-)

SnappedManX6
x3tc

Post by SnappedManX6 » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 17:17

I started a new game and this script isn't working anymore. There are no military transports anywhere, and the button to open the flight plan won't do anything. It just beeps. Anyone got any help for me?

Nafensoriel
x4

Post by Nafensoriel » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 18:21

Do you have the required rep?
"A Tradition is only as good as it's ability to change." Nael

SnappedManX6
x3tc

Post by SnappedManX6 » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 21:06

Thank you so much! There was my problem!

Strategist
x4

Post by Strategist » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 20:39

when a lieutenant piloted ship is docked at a station, does he hire only personal that he needs for his ship, or for your entire fleet?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Sun, 3. Apr 11, 20:47

I don't know which shiptypes with Ltd. (or better) can hire personnel, I always use the TP's, but as I remember there are others too.

A Ltd. will hire absolutly independently from his own ships needs, so he'll hire personell for the whole own fleet and more.

If you want to prevent that behaviour, take care where you park these ships.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 03:20

I thought it was only TP's, but according to the first page, any ship with a CLS works.

Miniboobs

Post by Miniboobs » Sat, 16. Jul 11, 21:53

Nafensoriel wrote:Do you have the required rep?
I have just installed it by extracting and I too don't see any transports anywhere. They should show up as red or blue on the sector maps rite?

Oh Im Argon hero of the federation 3%

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Mon, 5. Sep 11, 23:54

I'm having the same problem, but I don't think this thread is being watched. I've got the both the fighting rank and the Argon rank (Federation Marshall) and I still don't see the ships and the hotkey doesn't work.

I've used MT before and haven't had this issue.

I'm running Luckie's Script Collection, MARS, ADS, AWRM, and Xtra ships/stations. I've used these mods (and a few more) before and never had any conflicts.
Peace through superior firepower.

Sk_2013
x3tc

Post by Sk_2013 » Tue, 6. Sep 11, 00:28

Wait. Nevermind. Got my fighting ranks mixed up.
Peace through superior firepower.

Automatic Jack
x3tc

Post by Automatic Jack » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 01:03

How do I transfer personnel to the ships I need them in?
My carrier is full of various gunners, technicians and the like and I have 4 M8's with cargo lifesupport systems, trasporter devices and every other ware except the banned 3 but I can't get the gunners onto them. Through the additional commands in my M1's menu I can replace the M8 pilots with gunners but I can't add crew to the ship.
Help please?

Saetan
x4

Post by Saetan » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 01:04

Just transfer them like normal wares from cargo bay to cargo bay, just keep in mind you need a Cargo Bay Life Support System on the other ship too.

Automatic Jack
x3tc

Post by Automatic Jack » Mon, 14. Nov 11, 02:57

That didn't even occur to me, you're awesome. Thanks!

X3:3X
x3tc

Post by X3:3X » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 16:24

Heres another question for you then, installed Military Transport for Mechanics and Bomber capability, its enabled in the AL, its hotkey is selected, yet i havent seen one and i parked myself in an argon EQD for 12 hours, i have max Argon Rep and frequently check other Argon sectors but have NEVER seen either red or blue transports, i have had the thing installed for 2 days now. The hotkey when pressed just beeps at me, tried comm's on the stations and they gave no info as to Military Transports.

Currently flying a Panther if that makes any diff.

X33X

Corraw
x3tc

Post by Corraw » Thu, 1. Dec 11, 16:59

X3:3X wrote:... i have max Argon Rep ...
And your fight rank?
As a distinguished member of the Argon federation, military transports are marked in terms of color on the sector map. A blue marking indicates a transport currently transporting turret personnel, a red marking indicates an empty transport. (Federation Guardian / Fighter Chief)
Corraw

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”