[WIP] JaySuS Space Ships (5 + (2 x 1/2) ships) (1st version released!)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

taskforce3

Post by taskforce3 » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 08:06

Hi,

I would like to say keep up the great work, X3R and X3TC are both great games and with modders like you, the game is even more enjoyable.
That being said, I have a few things to say about your ships:

Raven - Wow, are you sure you dont SG1/SGA? That looks almost like the Daedulus BC's from those two series. Also, 2k-3k is a little much cargo even for a traditional m6 even if its Teladi. The speed is way too fast and breaks the Teladi motto (MORE Profitzzzzszz LESS SPEED)...The Kestrel is the same but i think egosoft has a good reason... I think it should be between 150 - 170ms.. Not to beat the Dragon. The weapons and shields are fine. I guess more speed for less shielding? The weapons competes with normal heavy m6 stock ships... They normally have 8 guns, and 3 Turrets with 2 each which = 14 guns also. With its current stats, i feel that i should just buy the ravens from the shipyards and ignore capturing Hyperions. As you know Hyperions are rare and has some of the best stats for a m6 + 2 docking m5-3.. Pretty sure with it's current stats, it can take out a Hyperion easily even with it's two docking ships. (Lure the fighters way out of range, nuke them then wait for the Hyperion to catch up)... and did you say it can use boarding pods?..wow
M6 with pods :o ..Sure you can say, I dont have to fully upgrade the speed and cargo fully at the docks but its weird knowing that i can do MORE and its a pet peeve of mine to fully upgrade everything when cash is available ofc. Also the price, did you mean 1.25 x the normal or heavy osprey... If normal then yea....why bother capping Hyperions..

Bloodfang M4 - Traditional scifi fighter look...great speeds!...Im sure the shields are uber weak right? right? :lol: Six guns normal for an m4.

Charon M3 - Yea definitely more Boron than Paranid, 4 heavy guns, no turrets, I guess the faster speed and better shielding makes up for it. Otherwise paint it green and make it more *organic* and you got yourself the King Crab.. :lol: Reference to the claws :P

Drifter TP - TP????! Too much weapons for a TP and speed. Call it the Better Looking Centaur or Centaur MKII :lol: Otherwise very nice skin. Also what would i tell my fellow pilots in the Pilot Union when they ask why do i use TP's as my wingmen... :lol: ...

Autumn Rain M3+ - Smooth name ... looks very earthish future wise..which is right on.. The speed is a tad too much... shouldnt beat the ATF fighters...Let the Spifyre be the odd ball. The shielding is over doing it.. 200 max.. and cargo down to 300-400... I understand its a bigger m3 but 800 is way too much.

Well that is my 2cent.. Sorry if i offend you.. you'll probably wont change the stats, I just need to figure out how to do it myself.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 10:52

If you don't agree with the stats you can easily change them with X3 Editor 2 by doubleshadow.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

Saheike
x4

Ships etc pp

Post by Saheike » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 10:55

Hi, I got the german version of TC 2.5 and have after installation only some new ships with "ReadText XXX-XXXX".
Is it possible to add the missing reads in any script or file?

Greetings
Lieben Gruß von Sabine

//^:^\\ Trakkathrin-Kilrathina

Liberte, Egalite, Variete...

taskforce3

Post by taskforce3 » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 12:25

Killjaeden wrote:If you don't agree with the stats you can easily change them with X3 Editor 2 by doubleshadow.
Yes yes, i clearly stated i would try :P .. Heh, tbh its gonna be one of those modding tools that i'll use once and forget and take up space on my hdd. Just like OMM (Oblivion Mod Manager)

Matterom
x4

Post by Matterom » Wed, 27. Jan 10, 15:01

Well with the autome rain i can fly thru other ships as well as a few other ships. its like theirs no collision.

and with the raven the top and bottom turrets disappear when looked at from affar
My Mods:
Sector Administration: A Tax Mod

LarryBurstyn
x4

Autumn Rain Problem

Post by LarryBurstyn » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 03:35

Only 7 of the Main guns work on this ship. It shows as placed but the gun does not work. (does not fire)...I like to mix weapon types and like the gun fire to balance (right side/left side)...while balancing the guns I noticed that gun 8 does not fire and does not show up in the graphics when placed. Even with something in gun slot 8...one wing has 3 guns showing while the other has 4. This is true for both versions of the fighter.

I discovered this while placing guns in different slots to determine which slot had which gun mount on the ship. Slot 8 can hold a gun but it does not show up in the graphics and does not fire. To determine if it was a graphic problem I use weapons with AMMO...no ammo is expended from a weapon in slot 8.

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 8. Feb 10, 23:40

@JaySuS. Very, very nice looking ships you have created here! :D

I'm curious and interested - how much time went into making these ships? And what software did you use?
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Tue, 9. Feb 10, 02:00

Tenlar Scarflame wrote:@JaySuS. Very, very nice looking ships you have created here! :D

I'm curious and interested - how much time went into making these ships? And what software did you use?
For software he would of had to use either gmax or 3dsmax. Only these two programs can export to X3's format, but he could of modeled and textured in other programs.

LarryBurstyn
x4

Mod change

Post by LarryBurstyn » Sat, 27. Feb 10, 19:58

Is there a way to get these ships into XSP mode so I could load them in PM as this mod does not play well with other mods--especially the PM Tships changes.

AtomicDryad

Post by AtomicDryad » Sun, 28. Feb 10, 05:42

JaySuS wrote:
still need to fix that text file thing however and the third turret on the autumn rain which somehow always ends up at the 0,0,0 position with 0,0,0 rotation instead of where it belongs...
Found it: 'camradummy' typo in the 4th cockpit descriptor in tships
Also found the reason for the missing gun: The path index in tships was shifted forward, referring to 1-8 in the scene file as 2-9.
Nevermind, that wasn't it (for turret 3). The missing gun is fixed. There's other scene.bod <=> tships weirdness though.

liquidlight88
x3tc

Post by liquidlight88 » Mon, 1. Mar 10, 22:00

edit: well i was asking for a bit of X3 editor 2 guidance, but i sussed it out overnight :)

BTW, i've been using your ships and they're ace. The Raven is awesome, the autumn rain just perfect.

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 05:49

I cant seem to get this mod to work? Do I use the script editor somehow? I just cant find it in there in game. What am I missing? I also cant find the ships in the cheat menue. Are they only for me to go and find at shipyards? I cant find em!!!

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 06:31

So, with this script/mod, I can only find these ships in there shipyards. I can access them in my cheat menue for ships?

X1000

Post by X1000 » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 06:55

Somehow, your ships arnt in the download. They are listed in the language/name file (Suddenly forgetting the name of it. :P ) But they arnet in TShips.

It would be great if you could fix this, as i want to fly my own Autmun Rain. :wink:

Ratlaw
x3tc

Post by Ratlaw » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 06:57

X1000 wrote:Somehow, your ships arnt in the download. They are listed in the language/name file (Suddenly forgetting the name of it. :P ) But they arnet in TShips.

It would be great if you could fix this, as i want to fly my own Autmun Rain. :wink:
So, this script/mod is broken?

X1000

Post by X1000 » Wed, 17. Mar 10, 07:04

Ratlaw wrote:
X1000 wrote:Somehow, your ships arnt in the download. They are listed in the language/name file (Suddenly forgetting the name of it. :P ) But they arnet in TShips.

So, this script/mod is broken?
Currently. :)

Its a simple mistake of uploading the wrong file, though. It'll be fixed soon. :P

bobdoom
x3tc

Post by bobdoom » Fri, 26. Mar 10, 21:09

Has anyone actually figured out how to fix the name problem yet? I've been playing around with it trying to get it squared away for a while now and haven't had any luck, mostly cause I'm not familiar with the file paths for this mod. as it stands, this is what it looks like...

the ship names and descriptions are located in a file named t\8457-L044.pck

now from what I have gleaned on this forum, there is a file that ends with a 6 or a 7 that needs to be switched to a 7 or a 6 or some gibberish like that. thing is, there is no such file to begin with.

so, I tried changing the 7 in the 8457 to a 6. not surprisingly, it didn't fix a thing.
I suspect the entire file needs to be renamed, but I have no idea what to, all I know is inside of doubleshadows X3 editor 2, the description field refers to a "string[17:9877] not found" in the instance of the argon drifter.

any insight from more learned minds?

zombie-uk

Post by zombie-uk » Fri, 7. May 10, 19:10

Mr Jaysus. Just like to say I am one of your Biggest fans, not only on X3TC but also on Fallout3 ( COMMS?) Loveing every minute of it!

Cheers!
Nvidia GeForce 9500GT

X3 Reunion i love it.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Fri, 7. May 10, 23:45

Any more coming up soon?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

gremlin31
x2

Corrupt File

Post by gremlin31 » Fri, 22. Jun 12, 18:03

Hi, tx for a great looking bunch of ships.
Unfortunately everytime i try and download it I get a corrupt file message when i extract it, seems to be affecting only the .dat file.

Please if possible reupload the file

Tx for the hard work

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”