[WIP] JaySuS Space Ships (5 + (2 x 1/2) ships) (1st version released!)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Zayltsin
x4

Post by Zayltsin » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 11:34

JaySuS wrote:@zalytsin
nah, i dont like ice shark, doesnt fit imo... shark would theroetically fit but the boron use all those fish names yet (tho i must admit egosoft really messed the names up somehow for example by giving some argons greek mythology names and such things...)
no offense of course lol, just my opinion ;)
None taken.

But seeing the ship ingame, it really does look like a modern day fighter, so i guess you could call it the Aldrin 'Mig', or another modern day fighter name as it would prob suit it.
System: Intel Core i7-4790k, 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz G.Skill Trident X RAM, Nvidia GTX1070.

JaySuS

Post by JaySuS » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 16:12

@enigne trail
oh noes, that means i need to modify that effects.txt... which will result in annoying conflicts and make merging mods even more annoying :(, ill prolly just change the color of the models glow then... (thats why i dont make custom turrets, guns, etc; tships is worse enough imo)

@turret
oh, lol, thats a retarded arc of action for the "normal" turretdummy :shock:
wouldnt have thought its supposed to aim through the floor lol, but well, ill just place it like you did in that tutorial then, feels really idiotic but ok, if it works...

@Zalytsin
Mig wouldnt fit cause its the acronym of the inventor/engineer/conglomerat who designed them (Mikojan-Gurewitsch), somin like F-77 would work tho or even Autumn Rain Fulcrum or somin though every ship in X3 can go Fulcrum and not just the mig-29
but youre right it looks a bit like an experimental fighter of the 70ties or somin
anyway ill go with Autumn Rain now, i like it and it fits the Springblossom naming sheme, well ok spitfyre doesnt fit that theme but thats one ugly ship anyway and i never use it so... well... screw the spitfyre

btw:
my theory about the springblossom is that it was purely made as a birthday present of some kind for that chinese kid which is named on the aft, hence it doesnt fit the usual x style (looks like somin from starfox N64 imo), is overpowerd and carries such a beautiful name
if im right plz send me an xmas gift :D

Vanguard3000
x4

Post by Vanguard3000 » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 19:07

JaySuS wrote:btw:
my theory about the springblossom is that it was purely made as a birthday present of some kind for that chinese kid which is named on the aft, hence it doesnt fit the usual x style (looks like somin from starfox N64 imo), is overpowerd and carries such a beautiful name
if im right plz send me an xmas gift :D
The in-game description says they're an advancement on an older Terran ship, the Winterblossom. Someday, I'd like to try and make a Winterblossom (I figure similar to the Springblossom, but without the aft stabilizers and "ears").

JaySuS

Post by JaySuS » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 19:21

[ external image ]

added another turret and repositioned them slightly

changed the glow a bit and added some more glowing bits, just somin subtle

also made a version without the bow wings called "Autumn Rain Raider"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shortly after loosing contact to Terran space the colonists of Aldrin developed a heavy strike fighter which would allow them to sleep peacefully at night. The Autumn Rain was born and soon became famous for its exploits during hostile AI raids in which it prooved itself under heavy fire.
It is most famous for saving the lives of thousands of inhabitants of the remote Mining Outpost GM-7HJ where it singlehandedly took out 3 AI corvettes and smiled while doing so.

Due to the harsh environment Aldrin offeres the ship had to be fitted with heavy shielding to withstand the space dust aswell as a fast engine which allows it to travel between Aldrin stations in no time.

After the lost Aldrin colonies were rediscovered and diplomatic aswell as trade connections were established the Autumn Rain was refitted to be able to use commonwealth weapons as to give it the ability to scout into deep space and survive on its own over prolonged periods.

It's vast shielding, incredible speed and manouverabilty might astonish the usual commonwealth pilot but so will the pricetag.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aldrin Autumn Rain"

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

"Aldrin Autumn Rain Raider"
less shielding, less weapon energy, more speed

[ external image ]
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

JaySuS

Post by JaySuS » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 19:44

@vanguard
i just realize that i never read SB's description :D
winterblossom sounds cool too tho id have renamed it to somin like Winter Cold, Winter Ice, Winter Storm, or somin... blossoms and spring fit, there are few in winter though one might call ice crystals blossoms of some kind.

oh, the winterblossom seems to have been the first spaceship of mankind that carried humans beyond the sol system...

id like to see that somewhere, in a museum or somin maybe :D
gogo create it!

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 19:47

If it is an Aldrin M3+ Heavy Fighter (which, judging by the cockpit, it should be), I think 3x200MJ shields is a bit much. Stats-wise, it should lie between the Spitfyre and Springblossom.
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

JaySuS

Post by JaySuS » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 19:56

mmh,
well maybe youre right... 7x25 for the raider and 10x25 for the normal? keep in mind that its rather large for a fighter and terran ships have around 6x25 for "normal" sized fighters yet. Additionally ist supposed to be a corvette killer hunter till you reach crusader rank and hence needs some heavy defense.
Since Aldrin only has 2 ships to offer anyway i really woulndt say that these two create a lore base like for example split or teladi do (split = fast, teladi = slow) and these lore-basics are more or less getting softened up with ships like the kestrel yet. This ship is simply like the ferrari under space ships, one the gals will fall for :D, nothing ordinary like a blend (irony) Springblossom.

Zayltsin
x4

Post by Zayltsin » Mon, 21. Dec 09, 22:17

Ohh very nice, and yeah that name goes with the ship ryther nicely :)
System: Intel Core i7-4790k, 16Gb DDR3 2400Mhz G.Skill Trident X RAM, Nvidia GTX1070.

JaySuS

Post by JaySuS » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 01:12

aight, after my engineers told me that fuel is too expensive to waste i had to come up with new ways of space travel, for now im toying round with solar sails, not perfect but they could be an nice addon to conventional drives if enough suns are near

somin called UFT or UFB in reminiscence of the good ol 50ties UFO but with sails
[ external image ]

and a more sofisticated draft of an alien design
[ external image ]

both are just drafts for childish giggles and shape finding, nothing serious so far :roll:

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 04:18

The second reminds me of a Boron ship, maybe a TP class.
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 22. Dec 09, 15:44

:o eco-tags for ships??? nooooooo...
ALien design looks kinda weird...
for fighting crafts you should use engines because they have more power and those things look pretty fragile.

It may fit to an experimental glider for transportation-only.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

JaySuS

Post by JaySuS » Wed, 23. Dec 09, 03:59

lol, mmh, i guess its good manners to not mention the shape of the first solar sail draft :D

and yes ships need eco tags too... not necessarily to protect the fragile environment of space but at least for the profitzzzz, as my teladi teacher used to say.
btw speed is just relative :roll:, from a water drops persepective we are what rocks are to us for example...

anyway i wont do jack over the holidays, im busing devouring ducks, deers and whatever else lands on my plate

and since were ontopic right now, i just released the ships as a standalone mod for you all to enjoy or to put into your mods (plz contact me first though), MERRY XMAS! (ok a day early but im impatient)

there you go:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/bb69od

the same link can be found on the first page btw

HK250472

Post by HK250472 » Thu, 31. Dec 09, 12:53

Don´t know why but i can´t find your ships ingame.

I get the Message that i should get the Scribt editor running and then save and reload. I´m doing that but I can´t get your ships in a Shipyard or with a cheat.

I tried it with my modded 2.5 X3TC and a Vanilla 2.5.

Any help for me out there i love to get my hands on the M3++
Last edited by HK250472 on Fri, 1. Jan 10, 15:35, edited 1 time in total.

jpkidwell75

Post by jpkidwell75 » Thu, 31. Dec 09, 23:53

HK250472 wrote:Don´t know why but i can´t find your ships ingame.

I get the Message that i should get the Scribt editor running and then save and reload. I´m doing that but I can´t get your ships in a Shipyard or with a cheat.

I tried it with my modded 2.5 TR3TC and a Vanilla 2.5.

Any help for me out there i love to get my hands on the M3++
I'm having the same problem. I've got Vanilla 2.5, tried this mod both as a fake patch and installed as a mod, no luck either way.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 01:44

I just had a quick look at the MD code, looks ok to me.

Have you both got a file in the director folder ?

HK250472

Post by HK250472 » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 12:48

Yes the file is there.

Like i said the script started once to tell me to save and enable the editor but then nothing happend after that.

jpkidwell75

Post by jpkidwell75 » Fri, 1. Jan 10, 18:14

Yes I've got a file in the director folder as well.

JaySuS

Post by JaySuS » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 13:13

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
hey sorry for the late reply guys, im on vacation atm :P

anyway, i made a mistake, if i recall correctly the tships.txt includes the wrong t file number, the one for killerogs mod not mine :P, meaning the file called blablabla7.xml in the t folder should be named blablablabla6.xml
rename that and your ships should have names and descriptions, make a copy of killerogs file though

hence: rename the file in "t" folder from xxxxxx7.xml to xxxx6.xml or change the new ships description number with doubleshadow's x3editor
or the other way around :D

sorry btw for mispelling your name in the readme killer :P

sadly i cant reupload the file till mid jan as i dont have the files on hand atm.

furthermore is there a slight problem with the M3++ Autumn Rain as it has no collission for some funky reason :(
you cant collect stuff or get shot therefore which is kinda lame... dunno maybe its because ive buildt it out of too many small parts :?

ill reupload a patch asap when i return, promised and sorry for all the inconvienience :shock:

p.s.
if someone knows why my dear autumn rain has no collission plz spread the knowledge :D
[ external image ]
simply pm me for custom creations :)

jpkidwell75

Post by jpkidwell75 » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 18:09

I'm afraid I'm not following you here.. your download does not have any files which go into the t directory.

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Sat, 2. Jan 10, 19:09

jpkidwell75 wrote:I'm afraid I'm not following you here.. your download does not have any files which go into the t directory.
the t file being referred to is inside the cat/dat
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”