[PROGRAM] X Plugin Manager : V1.87 : 2024-01-06

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rifmaz

Cycrow is Awesome

Post by Rifmaz » Mon, 9. Jan 17, 23:42

Great Program. I have one suggestion that would make it perfect. When I click on the GUI and use my scroll wheel it defaults to the game directory drop down and refreshes the mod list. Its a small thing but if you ever make an update I hope you would include defaulting it to the mods list as a fix.

Another thing, it would also be handy to have a check box where I could specify Launch my selected Game in Full Screen or Windowed Mode. I alternate between the two choices and it would be another nice feature.

YOU ROCK!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 11. Jan 17, 19:53

i will defiantly look at the scroll, it does something similar in Visual Studio and it drives me mad

Tkdmaster
x4

Post by Tkdmaster » Fri, 24. Mar 17, 23:17

Hey...is there anyway to have the manager show mod conflicts? due to how many mods are packaged up, its very difficult sometimes to see what will conflict with eachother, and as far as I know there's currently no easy way to tell this.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 25. Mar 17, 17:40

I think one of the additional tools of the PM can show potential conflicts between scripts, like using the same command slots or wares. (I guess it was the Package explorer!? Really haven't used it in quite a while.) Not sure what the exact capabilities are though. There is, however, mr.bear's Mod conflict viewer, which from the screenshots alone looks interesting. I haven't used it myself though, so I cannot tell how good it works.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Allegri

Please help! Where are my save files?

Post by Allegri » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 15:00

So I installed this Plugin Manager to try out a script. During installataion I let it enable save game manager. Now I can't find my saves.

I cant believe my save files are simply gone so please help me recover them. I googled for information about this and found some posts by other people that encountered the same issue. However, for none of these people the problem was resolved. They just accepted they lost their saves and started over. I invested alot of time and do not want to accept that my saves are simply gone.

The save folder where the saves used to be is simply empty and there are no *.sav files anywhere on the hard drive. So I assume the plugin manager comressed the files or something. I never enabled "modified" mode in the manager or actually used any plugins because I realized I didnt want to flag my saves as "modified" and rather just stick with the vanilla version.

So how do I recover my save files now?

Shouldnt this plugin manager make backups of the saves before it starts manipulating them?

In hindsight I should have made backups of my save files before enabling some "save game manager", sure. But still, this is unacceptable. Please help.

Allegri

I think I know how my saves got deleted

Post by Allegri » Sat, 1. Apr 17, 16:52

I did some experimentation with the save game manager and I think I know how my files dissappeared. I am not 100% sure though so if anyone still has an idea how to recover my save files let me know.

When you enable save game manager and add the directory to the plugin manager, the save files are moved from the save folder in the documents folder. I think plugin manager moves the files into its folder in the game directory. Then if you remove the directory from within plugin manager, it restores the save files to the normal save folder in the documents folder. But if you disable save game manager before you remove the directory from withing the plugin manager, your save are lost forever it seems.

In a way it's my own fault for losing my save files. But mainly, I think the Plugin Manager is to blame. It shouldnt be possible for the Plugin Manager to permanently lose save files. This needs to be adressed. A safer way of handling the save files is needed or at least a warning that the save files should be backed up manually before enabling save game manager. :cry: How was I supposed to know that my save files would be removed? When i removed the directory from within plugin manager, I assumed only scripts/plugins would be removed, not save games too. Not good.

Anyways, if someone still has any ideas how to restore my save files, please let me know.

FlabenDockers
x4

Post by FlabenDockers » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 07:04

Having an issue where when i launch the X-Universe Plugin Manager Lite it just comes up with a file explorer menu and no actual UI. I go to where my download is for the Abandoned Ships mod and it doesn't even show up in that file explorer although it's a .spk file type. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
System is Windows 10

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 16:13

FlabenDockers wrote:Having an issue where when i launch the X-Universe Plugin Manager Lite it just comes up with a file explorer menu and no actual UI. I go to where my download is for the Abandoned Ships mod and it doesn't even show up in that file explorer although it's a .spk file type. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
System is Windows 10
if its coming up with the file explorer it means it couldn't find an installed game. You need to select the exe of the game then the main gui should load up

FlabenDockers
x4

Post by FlabenDockers » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 22:12

Thank you SO MUCH!! Finally got it working :D :D :D :D

SirDeathwalker
x4

Post by SirDeathwalker » Fri, 21. Apr 17, 06:40

Ok, so I have a sound file, so how to I use it to change the engine sound of a ship?

(in case you're curious, I am trying to modify the engine sound of a Battlecrab from Babylon 5 to make it 'scream' like it did on TV)

LegendaryTaco

Post by LegendaryTaco » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 01:47

So when I use the auto installer and follow all the steps, I open the app and it takes me to a empty file. why?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 30. Apr 17, 09:29

See what Cycrow wrote a couple of posts above. (You have to select your game installation directory.)
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Post by 201604271043 » Sat, 20. May 17, 13:07

i can't install any archive files it just comes with unable to open archive file

alphanerd4
x4

Post by alphanerd4 » Sun, 16. Jul 17, 22:23

Cycrow, very odd question for you. How does your plugin manager handle adding file permissions? I went to try and delete your plugin files off out of the directory, and it was saying I don't have permission to even view the contents of the files. I was wondering if you had any insight into this. I would much rather not have to re-image my pc (I HATE having files not under my control, and it is in the steam directory for the game). Thanks!

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 19. Jul 17, 13:42

It doesn't do anything special with file permissions. And just uses windows for any file handling.

its possible that the file has been locked. Usually when any software uses a file, windows puts a lock on it to prevent it from being deleted until the software finishes.

make sure the plugin manager is closed, also check task manager to make sure its not running there too (just incase it didn't fully close and is still running in the background).

Also, you could try rebooting, then deleting the file. Rebooting should clear any of the software locks.

finally if that doesn't work, then a program like Unlocker might be able to delete the file

Connstar
x3ap

Post by Connstar » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 19:41

Hi, firstly: Thank you for this great program! It really helps a lot, and makes modding this game much safer and easier!

But there's a big problem for me: The plugin-manager keeps reverting my Tships file. I added a new cockpit to my ship, but every time I'm launching the game with the plugin manager, it generates a new Tships without my edit. Is there a way to not have this?
Even weirder: I tried to outsmart the PM by editing the Tships in my XRM cat/dat, but the PM doesn't care about that edit either. What am I doing wrong?
The Tships in XRM is most definiatly the one at the highest position in the cat/dat VFS, so I don't understand where the PM takes the 'original' information from.

Best wishes, Connstar

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sat, 16. Sep 17, 22:42

Connstar wrote:Hi, firstly: Thank you for this great program! It really helps a lot, and makes modding this game much safer and easier!

But there's a big problem for me: The plugin-manager keeps reverting my Tships file. I added a new cockpit to my ship, but every time I'm launching the game with the plugin manager, it generates a new Tships without my edit. Is there a way to not have this?
Even weirder: I tried to outsmart the PM by editing the Tships in my XRM cat/dat, but the PM doesn't care about that edit either. What am I doing wrong?
The Tships in XRM is most definiatly the one at the highest position in the cat/dat VFS, so I don't understand where the PM takes the 'original' information from.

Best wishes, Connstar
This is an annoying feature. I wish there was a way to turn it off once the initial T ships file was setup. I also have this problem..

Of course we can edit the individual ship files for the changes to each ship.. but I have over 400 ship files.

There are a few ships I always like to use personally so after I load the plugin manager and close it down, I manually edit the Tships file and make the changes to those ships I want.. I then just make sure I don't load the plugin manager again after that or it will yet again overwrite what I did.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Connstar
x3ap

Post by Connstar » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 16:51

There are a few ships I always like to use personally so after I load the plugin manager and close it down, I manually edit the Tships file and make the changes to those ships I want.. I then just make sure I don't load the plugin manager again after that or it will yet again overwrite what I did.
I would do it the same way, but for me the Plugin Manager is the only way to start the Logitech G15 Plugin, so I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 21:51

What game is this for, TC or AP?
if it AP, make sure you put the TShips in the addon folder inside the cat/dat files.

if it really is in the highest fake patch, then it should be using that as its base unless its having trouble reading the file.

also make sure there are no gaps in your numbering.

another solution is to create a mod file with tships in the mods folder, and then select that mod in the startup dialog.

The plugin manager will then use this mod to extract the file from before editing

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Sun, 17. Sep 17, 22:15

Cycrow wrote:What game is this for, TC or AP?
if it AP, make sure you put the TShips in the addon folder inside the cat/dat files.

if it really is in the highest fake patch, then it should be using that as its base unless its having trouble reading the file.

also make sure there are no gaps in your numbering.

another solution is to create a mod file with tships in the mods folder, and then select that mod in the startup dialog.

The plugin manager will then use this mod to extract the file from before editing
It is both TC and AP.. I like the mod idea but at least for me, not savvy on how you create a mod like this? Is that an option in plugin manager or another tool we have to use?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”