[3.2/2.5 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle 1.3.3.3/1.1: Now reasonably AP compatable

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

DeathXI
x3

Post by DeathXI » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 01:23

Okalie dokalie. Works for me. Thanks!

Vechs

Post by Vechs » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 04:53

Hey! So I bought a Headquarters from the Teladi (Siezewell shipyard IIRC) and it doesn't seem to function properly.

I ordered it to reverse engineer a Heavy Osprey, and the corvette disappeared but nothing was added to the queue and the PHQ did not gain the schematic of a Heavy Osprey.

I tried several other ships and it did the same thing, although I think it did successfully reverse engineer an M5.

I tried recycling some ships too, and it would just randomly work or randomly bug out and delete the ship.

Very frustrating, it actually made me uninstall X3:TC, because for so long I had been saving up the millions to buy a PHQ, only to have my prize be buggy and useless, and it also ate half my fleet.

:(

I only had a few other mods:

Tubeless Complexes and Phanon Corporation

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=279395

rhonse
x3tc

Post by rhonse » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 02:00

There a quick way to recognize if this install correctly or not?

I'm running this almost two dozen other scrips but I avoided the usual suspects that would interfere (The game doesn't CTD at least) but I'm not seeing any real change during my Poisoned Paranid play, every ship seems to be running no faster than in vanilla which is the main thing I'd think I'd notice right off the bat.

Forgive me for my ignorance if I'm screwing something up, it's been almost a year since I last played TC and even then I never really learned the tricks or tweaking mods on it.
Did you rename the .dat and .cat files to the next number and move them into the main X3TC folder?

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 21:38

Really like what you've done here. I switched mod packages from apricot merge mod over to this one. Install seemed to go ok, mod seemed to work fine for a few hours, had some trouble undockimng a vulture but called in another ship to switch to, left the sector and gave the vulture new orders. I should note I have a bunch of other scripts running but nothing that adds new ships or edits their values, or anything to do with wares. So I boot up the game to day as before and Betty is gone, so are the voices of any npc characters. music to the game still works otherwise. Game is still playable, ships definitely go faster and handle better, solar power plants are actually affordable and don't need crystals, everything else the mod says it will do it does. Any ideas?
"I don't understand......how can you shoot women and children"?

"Aw, its easy! You just don't lead them as much"!

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 02:19

FOLLOW DA GUIDE IN DA OP REGARDING BUG REPORTS. Without a decent infodump on what you're running there's really not a whole lot that I can do to help you. Sorry to be a dick, but I really can't do anything if you don't toss me a bone here.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 19:44

Sorry, its cool, I deserved it anyway for not reading carefully, that kind of lazyness is not typical of me believe it or not. I already kinda figured out that there was something left over from the Apricot Merge Mod that bleeds over into Naval Shuffle even when I switch to the Naval Shuffle mod package. And now Betty is gone when I switch back to AMM. I'm betting the only way to fix it is to reinstall everything, so I'll probably just live without it, I can't just delete 200 hours of my life like that.

Other scripts I was running include Phanom Corporation, Improved Races, Marauder and Menagerie Shipyards, Stock Exchange and Universal Banking, Convert passenger to marine, Player Workshops, Equipment research and Development, Station Repacker, Pirate Fence, Industrial Special Services, Extended Horizons and Board Station.

I'm sure I did something dumb and ran something I shouldn't have run.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 20:30

Uncle Ruckus 42 wrote:I can't just delete 200 hours of my life like that.
I'm guessing this is is some kind of stealth admission that you made the switch over to NS without starting a new game.

There is a very good and very explicit reason that I tell people to start new games when installing the Naval Shuffle. When people switch between big mods without starting a new game, things break and they break badly. It's like as if someone modded the Periodic Table of Elements and suddenly substituted those values for what we have in reality; while some stuff might be able to continue functioning, the extrordinarily vast majority of things will break down because their characteristics are no longer functional with their once-intended purpose, and while you could certainely rework things after this change in order to restore functionality, the six billion years of existance up until that point is going to be acting quite differently than how it should, in most cases disasterously so.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 22:39

I'll be restarting soon, too, and you can bet I'll be using the cheat package to restore most of my stuff. You don't have to lose anything except plot progress on a restart, and there's even the All Plots Complete mod for that.

HotSake
x3tc

Post by HotSake » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 22:39

I'll be restarting soon, too, and you can bet I'll be using the cheat package to restore most of my stuff. You don't have to lose anything except plot progress on a restart, and there's even the All Plots Complete mod for that.

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Tue, 5. Apr 11, 04:50

Sorenson wrote:
Uncle Ruckus 42 wrote:I can't just delete 200 hours of my life like that.
I'm guessing this is is some kind of stealth admission that you made the switch over to NS without starting a new game.

There is a very good and very explicit reason that I tell people to start new games when installing the Naval Shuffle. When people switch between big mods without starting a new game, things break and they break badly. It's like as if someone modded the Periodic Table of Elements and suddenly substituted those values for what we have in reality; while some stuff might be able to continue functioning, the extrordinarily vast majority of things will break down because their characteristics are no longer functional with their once-intended purpose, and while you could certainely rework things after this change in order to restore functionality, the six billion years of existance up until that point is going to be acting quite differently than how it should, in most cases disasterously so.
Actually no, this time you should be sorry for being a dick. I definitely did start a new game, I did read the OP (just glazed over the bug report procedures cause I didn't anticipate having problems), and I have been playing around with scripts and reading about them enough to know in general that a majority of individual scripts can be started mid-game, but any of the major mods should be played separately and not combined, perhaps even on clean installs. Well my internet connection is crap and I only download at 350 kb/s so I wanted to avoid that. Also, I know that with ANY game you have to be careful with total conversion type mods and can't combine them.

The 200 hours I spent are not on one game mind you but spread across three different ones, two with AMM and a host of others I listed, then a third after I got this mod, and switched mod packages through the starting screen, then went back and disabled all my other scripts except improved races, and then started re-adding them in one by one to ensure they worked correctly. They all did, except I think that when I turned the option on to have construction times for ships and repairs, every time I entered a shipyard my hull would instantly drop to one and have to be repaired for twenty minutes. But betty and the voices all worked for the first in game day and then it just vanished.

So sorry to disappoint you, I can tell my first post pissed you off, but the fact that I made one dumb post and didn't follow directions dioesn't mean that level of stupidity carries over to any other decision (like starting a new game or not). I just must have freaked out a bit and went directly here after betty evaporated, and in my frantic search for a fix, made a dumb post that didn't help you solve my problem in any way.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Tue, 5. Apr 11, 05:56

Uncle Ruckus 42 - It looks like the betty pointer file has got damaged/deleted. This is not a major issue, it's more that you probably need to make a clean install (back that clean one up) then copy the install folder and make different installs for your different mods.

This way adding and removing becomes irrelevant.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Tue, 5. Apr 11, 20:32

Thanks, thats what I figured, I only came here to see if there was some other way to fix it without a reinstall which will tie up my computer for probably a whole day thanks to crap internet download speeds.

TrixX
x3tc

Post by TrixX » Wed, 6. Apr 11, 04:45

There is a no steam patch flying about, so once you have downloaded it, then you can copy that directory and not have to worry about updating again. Leave the real steam version as vanilla and then others can be fine without it :)

Simplest solution and less time consuming in the long run ;)
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Cires
x3tc

Post by Cires » Sun, 24. Apr 11, 20:37

All time, I activated the mod, all terran stations are removed at the start while the first few seconds. I searched for the responsible file: TFactories. Anybody knows a solution for this problem?

vegaskingpin

Post by vegaskingpin » Sat, 14. May 11, 00:24

complete noob here, but would this mod work with the bonus pack signed by egosoft that contains the following:

* Commercial Agent
* Commodity Logistics Software MK1
* Commodity Logistics Software MK2
* Dockware Manager
* Missile Defense Mosquito
* Turbo Boost

Thank you for reply

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Sat, 21. May 11, 17:41

vegaskingpin wrote:would this mod work with the bonus pack signed by egosoft that contains the following:

* Commercial Agent
* Commodity Logistics Software MK1
* Commodity Logistics Software MK2
* Dockware Manager
* Missile Defense Mosquito
* Turbo Boost

Thank you for reply
To add to this question:
Will the mod work with the Improved Races plugin?

Thanks!
Stealth
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 22:50

Vechs wrote:Hey! So I bought a Headquarters from the Teladi (Siezewell shipyard IIRC) and it doesn't seem to function properly.

I ordered it to reverse engineer a Heavy Osprey, and the corvette disappeared but nothing was added to the queue and the PHQ did not gain the schematic of a Heavy Osprey.

I tried several other ships and it did the same thing, although I think it did successfully reverse engineer an M5.

I tried recycling some ships too, and it would just randomly work or randomly bug out and delete the ship.

Very frustrating, it actually made me uninstall X3:TC, because for so long I had been saving up the millions to buy a PHQ, only to have my prize be buggy and useless, and it also ate half my fleet.

:(

I only had a few other mods:

Tubeless Complexes and Phanon Corporation

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=279395

I Second that. Same exact issue here! Very frustrating when I spent the time to construct a multi-billion-credit empire :P.

Cool mod though btw! Thanks for your work.
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

Dank7430
x3ap

Post by Dank7430 » Wed, 7. Sep 11, 19:41

Cant seem to get your ecell eliminator script to work for me. I installed the .spk player mines and stations. All it does is start producing products at any station I build then resets the counters, before any products are built. I am running v3.1.1 and I do have other mods/scripts installed but nothibg that alters stations so I cant see there being a conflict. Any help with this would be realy appreciated as the scripts are amazing.

boxleitnerb
x3tc

Post by boxleitnerb » Fri, 23. Dec 11, 08:03

Hi there,

I'm a bit confused about the relocation gizmo. The download package comes with files in the "t" and "scripts" folders AND an .spk file. I have installed the .spk but I apparently only get the lite version as there is no input window to enter the new coordinates.

I then copied the files from the two folders as well, but still, only the sector map opens when pressing the hotkey, no way to input any coordinates.

Are there some installation instructions with this one? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Edit:
I have viewed the .spk file and it seems to contain the same files as the folders, so just a different method of installation these two. The hotkey is for the lite package, so I ran the plugin.SPERG script manually and it worked. So far so good.
How do I get it to run via hotkey and with minimal user interaction (that is, just inputting the numbers)? When running it manually I have to wade through several other things like

Script input: "null" or "select ship/station"
a window "execute command script" including a list of arguments
Script input: <number> -> enter -> enter the number etc.

usmc_red

Post by usmc_red » Thu, 29. Dec 11, 05:45

Hey I really like you mod quite a bit and I was wondering if you were still working on it, and if so did you have any plans to port it to Albion Prelude?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”