[3.2/2.5 MOD] X3TC Naval Shuffle 1.3.3.3/1.1: Now reasonably AP compatable

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vechs

Post by Vechs » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 22:33

Sorenson wrote:
Vechs wrote:I kinda wish, now that I think about it, that you would implement a full missile re-balance like in Xtended Terran Conflict, one of the things I liked about that mod was how they did the missile system. ( Light A, Light B, Medium A, Medium B, ect.) The custom icons made quick ID of what missiles I had much easier.
Localization issue, which is something I don't want to mess around with for fear of causing catastrophic failure. Once you get down the patterns for missile naming and whatnot it's not too hard to remember what does what, and the only major offenders are some of the missiles introduced in TC like the Rapier and Firelance and whatnot, and those are largely negligable once you get a bit further into the game.
Oh okay, that makes sense. Still, even your current system is a lot better than the vanilla game!

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Sun, 6. Mar 11, 22:33

Mmm, looks like I have to update my sheets again... ;)

Naval Shuffle Open Office Sheets 1.3.3.3

If you plan another update I would suggest to change the PSG a bit. As it is now the shots are an extreme framerate killer. I installed 8 of them in my Panther one time and the game slowed down to a crawl when they fired. So I changed the values myself which resulted in much better performance.

Code: Select all

old		new
RPM				151,9	60
Hull Damage	216		216
Shield Damage	3992	5000
Energy used	225		600
Lifetime		4			3
Speed			508		710
Also with this setup it is not an instant kill for any ships no matter what size anymore. Before I could fly to some random K and 5 seconds later it was gone. It is still extremely powerful but not such an Ubergun anymore.

The same problem applies to the Starburst Shockwave Cannon. I still have to take care of that one though.

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Thu, 10. Mar 11, 13:38

Just a heads-up to anyone who uses the Energy Cell Eliminator scripts, version 1.2's just been uploaded to Megaupload and the Filefront version's in the works. This one fixes the whole multiple-script-instances issue by using a 30-second window of opprotunity from the start of a given game, but if you're past that you can just trigger the script with the editor and it'll run just fine.
X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

Kondert

Problem with S.P.E.R.G.

Post by Kondert » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 17:12

I'm having difficulty installing the Stupendously Precise Entity Relocation Gizmo. No problems with X Plugin Manager... as far as I can tell, but nothing changes in the game.

I tried extracting the files and and error on each file for "Uncompression".

I'm running X3TC 3.0 (Steam) on Win7

X Plugin Manager Lite V1.20

If these files are available unpackaged, a link would solve my problem.

Thanks,

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 18:06

X3TC Naval Shuffle: My ships are fast; my shields are strong; and my guns are very, very large.

TrixX
x3tc

Re: Problem with S.P.E.R.G.

Post by TrixX » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 18:09

Kondert wrote:I'm having difficulty installing the Stupendously Precise Entity Relocation Gizmo. No problems with X Plugin Manager... as far as I can tell, but nothing changes in the game.

I tried extracting the files and and error on each file for "Uncompression".

I'm running X3TC 3.0 (Steam) on Win7

X Plugin Manager Lite V1.20

If these files are available unpackaged, a link would solve my problem.

Thanks,
Get the Plugin Manager 1.30 RC1 and it'll solve the issue. Old plugin manager (1.20...) is unable to read the newer formats.
"If you’re not prepared to be wrong, you’ll never come up with anything original."
Sir Ken Robinson

Darquies
x3ap

Post by Darquies » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 18:11

I'm havein a lilttle prob downloading from filefront.

i ckick on where i am supposed to DL, and nothing, it takes me to another page but i dont see any place to click nor does the DL start.

any ideas?
to Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 18:19

I'm guessing the X subsection of Filefront's on the fritz, as every file I've checked there mine and otherwise has given the same thing. Give it a day or so, it should clear up.

Darquies
x3ap

Post by Darquies » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 18:32

thanx m8 for the fast response

(just saw the megaupload. i take it that the fliefront and the MU are the same file, so i'll get it there)

:) (edit)
to Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Fri, 11. Mar 11, 22:09

Is it just me, is it the mod, or does it seem that stuff is getting to get preeeeetty weird in regards to the latest version of the X_universe map file? I noticed a few days ago that there was a version of it in catalogue 13, so I ripped it out and ported over the major Shuffle changes: thing is, ever since I did that (which coincides with me picking up TC after a two-month hiatus) it seems as though certain map features have started acting strangely - the measure of scale you see on the sector map view, for example, is typically something bizarre (381 kilometers for Uranus, for example) and certain gates are far-flung out in the boonies of certain sectors (You know that little sector two spots to the right of Gaian Star? The west gate for that one somehow wound up 180+ kilometers out from the sector core, more than twice of what it should normally be, IIRC.

If this is somehow rooted to the new version of the X3_universe file, I think I might roll back to the earlier version which shipped out with 1.3.3 and just bundle in a ad sign deletion script, 'cause the side effects of these map fixes seem to be even worse than the problems they were fixing to begin with.

Khaakbuster
x3tc

Post by Khaakbuster » Sat, 12. Mar 11, 22:24

I haven't noticed anything strange so far with version 3.1 of X3 TC.

The sector east of Gaian Star that you mean is Maelstrom. The west gate is at -181,6 km. This is correct according to the X3TC Stats Compendium version 3.0.

rhonse
x3tc

Post by rhonse » Tue, 15. Mar 11, 10:20

So I ran into a bug this evening.

A) X3TC 3.1
B) Steam version.
C) New shuffle game.
D/E) Improved races (and someone's scripting library as a dependency), MARS

For some silly reason I turned off some XLSPPs that I had built. When I turned them back on, the products per cycle had dropped down to 20 instead of ~5530 or so. Thankfully, I had an older save from before I'd shut off the plants, so I just reloaded and I'll continue it later.

Beastro
x3tc

Post by Beastro » Tue, 22. Mar 11, 11:27

There a quick way to recognize if this install correctly or not?

I'm running this almost two dozen other scrips but I avoided the usual suspects that would interfere (The game doesn't CTD at least) but I'm not seeing any real change during my Poisoned Paranid play, every ship seems to be running no faster than in vanilla which is the main thing I'd think I'd notice right off the bat.

Forgive me for my ignorance if I'm screwing something up, it's been almost a year since I last played TC and even then I never really learned the tricks or tweaking mods on it.

DeathXI
x3

Post by DeathXI » Fri, 25. Mar 11, 04:44

Sorenson wrote:Just a heads-up to anyone who uses the Energy Cell Eliminator scripts, version 1.2's just been uploaded to Megaupload and the Filefront version's in the works. This one fixes the whole multiple-script-instances issue by using a 30-second window of opprotunity from the start of a given game, but if you're past that you can just trigger the script with the editor and it'll run just fine.
I tried this on a game I was playing, and what happens is...nothing.
The e-cell requirements go away, and then my stations simply stop producing. Some of them, not all, but some, will go up to 10%, then reset to 0% with no additions to their inventories. Does this on Seta, not on Seta, after an hour ingame (Seta advanced) anybody got any suggestions?

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 01:04

CRAAAAAAAAAAAP

I hosed up the script files for the EC scripts regarding Player Stations, specifically in that I didn't impliment a proper recurring resource check - the reason that production gets so wonky when running that script is because player race is the one candidate for being part of the array, every player factory is always included in every array check, and is thus subject to the production shutdown and startup segment at the end.

If you switch to using the All version of each script, you should be just fine. Frankly I've been tempted to remove the player-exclusive versions of these scripts as it is.

DeathXI
x3

Post by DeathXI » Sat, 26. Mar 11, 01:23

Okalie dokalie. Works for me. Thanks!

Vechs

Post by Vechs » Mon, 28. Mar 11, 04:53

Hey! So I bought a Headquarters from the Teladi (Siezewell shipyard IIRC) and it doesn't seem to function properly.

I ordered it to reverse engineer a Heavy Osprey, and the corvette disappeared but nothing was added to the queue and the PHQ did not gain the schematic of a Heavy Osprey.

I tried several other ships and it did the same thing, although I think it did successfully reverse engineer an M5.

I tried recycling some ships too, and it would just randomly work or randomly bug out and delete the ship.

Very frustrating, it actually made me uninstall X3:TC, because for so long I had been saving up the millions to buy a PHQ, only to have my prize be buggy and useless, and it also ate half my fleet.

:(

I only had a few other mods:

Tubeless Complexes and Phanon Corporation

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=279395

rhonse
x3tc

Post by rhonse » Tue, 29. Mar 11, 02:00

There a quick way to recognize if this install correctly or not?

I'm running this almost two dozen other scrips but I avoided the usual suspects that would interfere (The game doesn't CTD at least) but I'm not seeing any real change during my Poisoned Paranid play, every ship seems to be running no faster than in vanilla which is the main thing I'd think I'd notice right off the bat.

Forgive me for my ignorance if I'm screwing something up, it's been almost a year since I last played TC and even then I never really learned the tricks or tweaking mods on it.
Did you rename the .dat and .cat files to the next number and move them into the main X3TC folder?

Uncle Ruckus 42

Post by Uncle Ruckus 42 » Sat, 2. Apr 11, 21:38

Really like what you've done here. I switched mod packages from apricot merge mod over to this one. Install seemed to go ok, mod seemed to work fine for a few hours, had some trouble undockimng a vulture but called in another ship to switch to, left the sector and gave the vulture new orders. I should note I have a bunch of other scripts running but nothing that adds new ships or edits their values, or anything to do with wares. So I boot up the game to day as before and Betty is gone, so are the voices of any npc characters. music to the game still works otherwise. Game is still playable, ships definitely go faster and handle better, solar power plants are actually affordable and don't need crystals, everything else the mod says it will do it does. Any ideas?
"I don't understand......how can you shoot women and children"?

"Aw, its easy! You just don't lead them as much"!

Sorenson
x3tc

Post by Sorenson » Mon, 4. Apr 11, 02:19

FOLLOW DA GUIDE IN DA OP REGARDING BUG REPORTS. Without a decent infodump on what you're running there's really not a whole lot that I can do to help you. Sorry to be a dick, but I really can't do anything if you don't toss me a bone here.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”