[AL Plugin] EJon-Tech/MarCon Ind. 'Trading Plugin' (1.2 German Aug 9 2010)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 8. Feb 11, 20:28

Ah, the current does work.

Oh well, for future ref.

http://www.x1tp.com/root/index.php?opti ... 5&catid=45
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

Mr. Reeves
x4

Post by Mr. Reeves » Wed, 9. Feb 11, 04:12

the only problem with the BSG mod is that I had issues when building my complexes. I really like the ship desighns. the turrents all work. Great job overall. However I stopped using it because of this one bug. I've not played x in a while. I want egosoft to get off their lazy arses and creatively create something that will make us rush to see who can pull out our credit cards faster and who can get ahold of the first few copies. i always thought the cd's should have a # on then designating which one it is out of a limited production of cd's.
The skunk really is a bare bones model. It doesn't even have a GPS to highlight the way. Or targeting software MK 2 to allow target selection and painting from the sector map. It lacks a Trading System Extention to show prices in the sector you are in. The lack of satellites in rebirth is also annoying to the trader/pirate looking for a mark.

mark_a_condren
x3tc

Post by mark_a_condren » Wed, 4. May 11, 05:01

Crimson001 wrote:Hello all. Long time lurker, first time poster here. I recently got back into the game and went with the nostalgic Argon. (As I've already done the terran plot before.) This time I'm still more into the combat side of things but I'm also trying to start a small trade empire to fund my destructive habits.

After noticing that trade was getting really slow in the vanilla(to the point where my level 25 universe traders are on "standby" most of the time) I attempted to add the EJon-Tech Marcon Ind. PSS mod to boost the economy. It worked fine at first but for some reason right at the time the planetary supply stations offer the periodic discounts the game freezes completely. I've had to turn the mod off for the game to run.

Anyone know what might be causing this?
I'm currently running these mods:
Cycrow's Cheat mod
Game Sector Start Reveal
Improved Races
NPC Bailing Addon
Salvage Claim Software
Pirate Guild 3
Yaki Armada
Combat Mod 4
Ship Hijacker

Thanks for any help that can be given.

Also, in the case that I have to forget using the mod at all. How do you keep your universe traders busy? Mine can't seem to find a deal in the whole universe. Is this due to lack of supply in general and building some vanilla stations will fix it?
Posted here.

Sorry your first post had to be about a problem. So lets see what we can do about fixing it shall we?

1) You say that your game does not freeze if you turn the plugin off. Have you by chance let the game get past the freeze point and the turn the plugin back on to see if it freezes at the next delivery time?

2) What notifications did you get from the plugin just before and upto the freeze?

3) Did you hear the game background music looping when the game froze?

4) Where you in the same sector as a PSS? (Planetary Supply Station)

5) Roughly how long had you had the plugin running before you got this problem?

6) What were you doing at the time of the freeze?

All of this info will help us track it down, so the more you can give the better.

I know it works ok with these as i have them on the machine the script was written on.
  • Cycrow's Cheat mod
  • Game Sector Start Reveal (Game Start Sector Reveal)
  • NPC Bailing Addon
  • Salvage Claim Software

Has anyone else experienced anything like this? As it's the first time i have heard about it.

MarCon

GrrlPower

Post by GrrlPower » Fri, 10. Jun 11, 18:40

This script it fantastic and has done wonders to the economy. I have had no major probs so far(station cloning is easy to ignore) Only thing is,i cant figure out what the hotkey is to bring up the plugin's main menu. I got to see the menu the very first time i turned the plugin on,but couldnt bring it back up afterwards

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 18:03

I think it would be nice to have a "Transporter Trader Only" version. Pretty please? :wink:

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Tue, 30. Oct 12, 19:54

Not sure what you mean! ;)

Anyway, this is kinda discontinued... if you want to take over, feel free... ;)
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 19:55

EmperorJon wrote:Not sure what you mean! ;)
This bit...
But now, with the perfected Transporter Device Integration you can trade with a station and have your freight beamed to and from the station, even if you couldn't usually dock there. You want to trade in a TL? Feel free! Want to take on some more fuel for your Destroyer? Just park up near the local Solar Power Plant!
Anyway, this is kinda discontinued... if you want to take over, feel free... ;)
Ha-ha. Well, it might just happen. Probably not any time soon, though.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 19:58

Yes, but what do you mean by "only"?
______
______

DrBullwinkle
x3tc

Post by DrBullwinkle » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 20:57

I think he means that it would be nice to have a transporter trade script that works well, without all of the jazz about trading stations and whatever else you've got that changes the vanilla economy.

I, too, would like that.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Wed, 7. Nov 12, 21:07

Ah, right. I'm a little busy right now, if someone wants to rip the relevant bits of code out and release it themself with credit to me and Mark you're more than welcome.
______
______

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 14:33

I concur. Would be awesome to have a "Transporter Trader" Only version.

SOmebody make one, pretty please? That's compatible with XRM + AP. Pretty, pretty, pretty please?!

I really never understood why you can transport freight with ships if you have a transporter device no problem, but stations? No can do.

There's no logic in it. No profitsss.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 14:35

Well I suppose I could probably do it in a short amount of time lated today, stay tuned.
______
______

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Thu, 8. Nov 12, 15:10

EmperorJon wrote:Well I suppose I could probably do it in a short amount of time lated today, stay tuned.
Woo-hoo! :D

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 13:39

Ok then, let's see how long it takes me... ;)

EDIT: Although looking through it I'm gonna have to rip out quite a lot, and there is a trade menu command in Albion Prelude... but I assume many of you still want it for Terran Conflict use, correct?
______
______

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 14:21

EmperorJon wrote:and there is a trade menu command in Albion Prelude...
Well, I'm playing Albion Prelude (although I've only just started). I'm not sure what the significance of the trade menu is here.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 14:25

There's a script command to open the standard trade menu for a station, totally negating the need to have the custom menu one used for the transporter, which despite Mark's awesome efforts, there's only so much you can do with menus, and they're a bit clunky.

For that reason I could probably create an entire new standalone script from scratch in 10 minutes, as opposed to up to 2 hours editing a script that I didn't personally write, and it would look much better...
But the cost of that would be loss of TC compatibility.
______
______

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 14:49

Ah, now I'm with you.

Well, with those numbers I think you're better off doing the 20minute one and waiting to see if any complaints roll in. :P

To be honest - if I'd known about the "TC Plots in AP" mod I wouldn't have played X3 TC in the first place. I'd bought the 'bargain package' offer so I had both games from the start and AP has a number of nice improvements anyway.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Fri, 9. Nov 12, 15:01

Well you need both; AP uses assets from TC to play. It's an expansion.

Right well, I'll get to work on an AP-only version right now. It should be done in 15 minutes. Promise. XD

EDIT: OHNO!

It's adding a trade bar, not opening the whole menu, so it would still require a lot of work.

Oh well, I'll see if I have something that works by the end of today. Gives me a break from my other project.
______
______

ptb_ptb

Post by ptb_ptb » Sat, 10. Nov 12, 21:07

Hope you don't hate me for this, but I just found this script

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=274545

so I've finally found a working Transporter Trade solution (sorry).

dispostableatheist

Post by dispostableatheist » Sun, 11. Nov 12, 00:12

Naw, I'll take EmperorJohn's version, if or when it's ready.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”