[script/mod] ImprovedRaces R15.31 (24.04.2012)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Sun, 12. Jul 15, 14:49

BlackArchon wrote:
jakubpolo wrote:Hello!
How to install this on Linux+Steam? I don't see any cat/dat files so I am unable to do fake patch. Is there any other way? I have never seen spk file before. I tried to google "x3ap improved races linux" and things like that but did not find anything usefull.
Thank you
If you have a Windows box at your disposal, you can install the Plugin Manager there. Then you can right-click the SPK files for Improved Races and select "Export to Zip". This will convert the SPK file to a ZIP file which can be extracted and installed manually on your Linux box.
Thank you, that helped!
What next? Now I have ZIP file named ImprovedRaces_R15_31.zip containing Director, T, Scripts and pluginmanager.txt. What to do next? I unziped the files, copied all files to steam/steamapps/common/X3 Terran Conflict/addon. And I started my X3AP via steam, renamed my self to Thereshallbewings, saved, loaded, went to Gameplay->AL settings but there is no improved races to allow. What did I wrong?

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sun, 12. Jul 15, 19:00

Correct, the content of the ZIP file should be copied to "X3 Terran Conflict/addon".
You said you're using the Linux version of X3? Then maybe you have the problem that file and folder names are case-sensitive in Linux - if you look at the content of ImprovedRaces_R15_31.zip, you see that the three folders "Director", "Scripts" and "T" start with a capital letter, while the folders under "X3 Terran Conflict/addon" only consists of small letters. So move all files from Improved Races' "Director" to "director" and so on.

Changing your name to "Thereshallbewings" is unnecessary if you use a mod like XRM - it already does that for you and marks your game as *modified*.

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Mon, 13. Jul 15, 11:26

BlackArchon wrote:Correct, the content of the ZIP file should be copied to "X3 Terran Conflict/addon".
You said you're using the Linux version of X3? Then maybe you have the problem that file and folder names are case-sensitive in Linux - if you look at the content of ImprovedRaces_R15_31.zip, you see that the three folders "Director", "Scripts" and "T" start with a capital letter, while the folders under "X3 Terran Conflict/addon" only consists of small letters. So move all files from Improved Races' "Director" to "director" and so on.

Changing your name to "Thereshallbewings" is unnecessary if you use a mod like XRM - it already does that for you and marks your game as *modified*.
You are right. Thank you, this is my bad I should have noticed it!

Two final questions: my folder X3 Terran Conflict/addon does not contains folder "director" but /X3 Terran Conflict does. Should I copy it to /addon and thus create new one or should I copy it into X3TC?

Final question: I guess I should do the same with "Improved Races addons". This folder contains - Director, t, types, s. Should I rename Director to director and copy it (and rewrite if necessary) into X3 Terran Conflict/addon?

I do use XRM and I have already installed it. So I guess I should "install" IR right now, then IR addon and then just enjoy the game? :-)
Setting up the IR in game is intuitive? Do you have any recommendations for me? I am mostly looking forward to Sector takeovers.

Thank you very much for your help, you are very kind.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Mon, 13. Jul 15, 17:35

jakubpolo wrote:...

Two final questions: my folder X3 Terran Conflict/addon does not contains folder "director" but /X3 Terran Conflict does. Should I copy it to /addon and thus create new one or should I copy it into X3TC?
All three folders from Improved Races have to be copied into the addon folder - if a folder isn't there yet, no problem. Just copy them all to addon to create a new one.
jakubpolo wrote:Final question: I guess I should do the same with "Improved Races addons". This folder contains - Director, t, types, s. Should I rename Director to director and copy it (and rewrite if necessary) into X3 Terran Conflict/addon?
Copy all of them into the addon folder - the reason is that X3: Albion Predule searches for its files under the addon folder. All files (there are minor exceptions, but this isn't relevant here) directly under "/X3 Terran Conflict" are for X3: Terran Conflict.
jakubpolo wrote:I do use XRM and I have already installed it. So I guess I should "install" IR right now, then IR addon and then just enjoy the game? :-)
Setting up the IR in game is intuitive? Do you have any recommendations for me? I am mostly looking forward to Sector takeovers.
I haven't tried the IR addon packages yet, so I can't tell anything about them.
The setup is quite easy - as soon as you enable the AL plugin in X3, you can configure all settings. I find the "True Relations" feature quite interesting, especially if you change the relations of all major races with each other. Once I started a new game with a setting Founder Guild (Argon+Boron) vs. Profit Guild (Paranid+Split+Teladi) and the Terrans and Yaki neutral to all (except the Pirates). So I got interesting new front lines with lots of action.
jakubpolo wrote:Thank you very much for your help, you are very kind.
Thank you. :)

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Mon, 13. Jul 15, 23:07

BlackArchon wrote:
jakubpolo wrote:...

All three folders from Improved Races have to be copied into the addon folder - if a folder isn't there yet, no problem. Just copy them all to addon to create a new one.
jakubpolo wrote:Final question: I guess I should do the same with "Improved Races addons". This folder contains - Director, t, types, s. Should I rename Director to director and copy it (and rewrite if necessary) into X3 Terran Conflict/addon?
Copy all of them into the addon folder - the reason is that X3: Albion Predule searches for its files under the addon folder. All files (there are minor exceptions, but this isn't relevant here) directly under "/X3 Terran Conflict" are for X3: Terran Conflict.
jakubpolo wrote:I do use XRM and I have already installed it. So I guess I should "install" IR right now, then IR addon and then just enjoy the game? :-)
I haven't tried the IR addon packages yet, so I can't tell anything about them.
The setup is quite easy - as soon as you enable the AL plugin in X3, you can configure all settings. I find the "True Relations" feature quite interesting, especially if you change the relations of all major races with each other. Once I started a new game with a setting Founder Guild (Argon+Boron) vs. Profit Guild (Paranid+Split+Teladi) and the Terrans and Yaki neutral to all (except the Pirates). So I got interesting new front lines with lots of action.
jakubpolo wrote:Thank you very much for your help, you are very kind.
Thank you. :)
I must be doing something very wrong. There is still not Improved Races in "AL Plugins".

I will recapitulace everything I did.
- I use Linux and I play X3AP on Steam
- Downloaded ImprovedRaces_R15_31.spk and ImprovedRaces_addons_1.9.rar
- Converted ImprovedRaces_R15_31.spk into ImprovedRaces_R15_31.zip
- UnZipped ImprovedRaces_R15_31.zip and ImprovedRaces_addons_1.9.rar
- ImprovedRaces_R15_31 contains 3 folders (Director, T, Scripts) and one txt file (pluginmanager). I renamed Director into director, T into t and Scripts into scripts and copied all 3 folders and txt file into /X3 Terran Conflict/addon
- Improved Races addons contains 4 folders (Director, t, types, s). I renamed Director into director and copied all 4 folders into /X3 Terran Conflict/addon
- I start my X3Ap
- XRM is working
- I start new game
- Go to into Gameplay - Artificial Life Settings - but there is no IR, only Detector, XMR Core Fusion and XMR Bounty System.
- I installed AP.Libraries_r2.2.spk the same way (converted and copired it into /X3 Terran Conflict/addon/scripts)

Whad do I do wrong? :-/ I am sorry that I am so incompetent...

jakubpolo
x3ap

Post by jakubpolo » Tue, 14. Jul 15, 23:09

BlackArchon wrote:Sorry, but I don't know what else could be wrong here. :(
It works! I reinstalled everything, started new game, used that trick with Thereshallbewings save/load even though my game was already modified and it works now!
Thank you very much for your help, you are indeed very kind!

SoulsSin

Post by SoulsSin » Mon, 10. Aug 15, 13:48

So I had this mod working flawless, or as flawless as it gets just a day ago. However I had to set up a new harddisk since my old one burned to death (123 degree C does't seem to be what it likes). Anyway I installed X3 TC and tested it, works fine. Installed the X-Plugin Manager with the community plugin config, the hotkey manager and the ware manager. Installed XRM mod and everything worked just like before. When I install this Mod throu gh the plugin manager and launch the game it tells me I have to activate it through the Plugin Config (just like before) However when I press Improved races all that happens is that it reopens the Plugin Config (instead of the Improved Races Options showing up). I can keep pressing Improved Races and nothing really happens (doesn't crash either though). I was running the exact same setup before my old harddisk died.
It also doesnt show up under Artificial Life settings. I can config other mods though the AL settings though and the Ware manager of the Plugin config works aswell.

Any clues as to what the problem could be ?
Cheers SoulsSin

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Wed, 12. Aug 15, 10:58

Steveboo described a similar problem with the NPC Bailing Addon script here and Cycrow advised to update the Plugin Manager and reinstall the script. So I would suggest to try the same here.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

abYsss
x3tc

Post by abYsss » Wed, 19. Aug 15, 08:00

I have a comparable problem.

When I install this mod through the plugin manager it doesn't show up in the plugin config menu even after enabling the script editor.

I can see it in the AL settings, but can not enable or disable any of the options.

I do have the latest version of the plugin manager and the AP libraries so I really don't know why it doesn't work.

PhantomKnight4420

advice please

Post by PhantomKnight4420 » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 00:41

advice on the best way to keep making money once I get a fleet up and running with codea , I intend to install improved races , right now I have universal traders running around everywhere but, im sure that wont be such a good idea when everyone is at war with each other, im guessing the only place I can have traders, trading to would be in argon or boron and maybe teladi space? which will greatly diminish my income .... once war brakes out ... hence my question... thanks 4 any advice you guys can give me...

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 17. Oct 15, 08:38

1. You can configure which races should be at war.
2. More intelligent trader scripts like "OK Traders" or "MK3 reloaded" are very good at avoiding enemies - they are jumping away when they are targeted. In contrast, the standard MK3 traders will only try to jump away when they are hit by an enemy - which is usually too late.

PhantomKnight4420

hey guys...

Post by PhantomKnight4420 » Sat, 31. Oct 15, 16:52

I was wondering what is the difference between the two in...(improved races) and yaki armada and pirate guild .... thanks ....

Maj. Tom
x3tc

Post by Maj. Tom » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 02:39

Not sure if this is XRM or IR, so I'll ask both....

Anyone have any idea what is going on there? I have models spawning all over the place. Some are Mammoths too. This only happens with the khaak jumps. No other XRM or IR issues that I can find....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1ye6alxq0khx7 ... adness.jpg
Last edited by Maj. Tom on Tue, 19. Jan 16, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
The worst part about deep-space exploration is listening to crappy radio stations from 930 years ago.

grayx

Post by grayx » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 19:45

Can someone help me, with simple answer.

What's the difference between this mod and Improve Races 2.0 v1.08?

Which one is "more suitable" for use with XRM?

MCOD
x3tc

Post by MCOD » Thu, 4. Feb 16, 04:31

Hi

I installed it, on Steam's version, but i'm facing a problem:

http://i.imgur.com/DkN4txG.jpg

Is...this...normal?

http://i.imgur.com/udeKpNr.png

{Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked - Terre}

i would also like to know what are race 1 and race 2 on Hot War editor

bloodright21
x3ap

Post by bloodright21 » Sun, 18. Mar 18, 06:33

i install this and nothing happens anyone know how to get this working

GDI-BOSS
x4

Post by GDI-BOSS » Mon, 19. Mar 18, 18:04

I played with last version and dont work,i play with version 15.21,for my personal opinion is best version

Terran Jupiter
xr

Re: [script/mod] ImprovedRaces R15.31 (24.04.2012)

Post by Terran Jupiter » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 14:19

Hello all dose this version of Improved races not work anymore because none of the download links work for any of this version of IR not even for 13 and 14?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [script/mod] ImprovedRaces R15.31 (24.04.2012)

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 1. Nov 19, 18:41

Available on xdownloads:
[ external image ]
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”